Songs you'd like to see on the next Muppet Compilation CD

Chilly Down

Reaction score
In the case of Vet's Hospital and Pigs in Space, they were probably done without laugh tracks. However, while I ordinarily despise laugh tracks, I think the Muppet sketches would be better with them. We're used to hearing the laughs on the show, and the sketches sound empty without them.

hdofu

Reaction score
Definitely Kermit Singing "It's not easy being green"

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Two of a Kind -- Robin and Sweetums
Hey Tom. Didn't Kermit sing this witha male guest star? The one you might be thnking of is probably called either "Two Lost Souls" or "We've Got Each Other" which Robin was supposed to sing with Gonzo, but he couldn't because he had a long arm in the John Cleese episode.

"and there they are now, the low and the mighty, Robin and Sweetums!" This is one of my daughter's favorite episodes.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Personally, I think they should be leaving movie songs out of the compilation and just reissue the d-*-m-n soundracks already.

They do need some songs with guest stars though. My thought was a 2CD set. The first of which was just Muppets, the second of which was guest stars with Muppets. Those little stickers on the packaging sitting on shelves advertising that the disc features the likes of Linda Ronstadt and Diana Ross could help sales.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to go into ALL my picks, but a definite for me would be Lynda Carter and the Rubber Band Men doing "Rubber Band Man." I LOVE the song, and she sang it really well on the show. They could include Kermits into to the Rubber Band Men as well. A few others would be:

You and I and George (one of my all time favs)
50 Ways to Leave Your Lover (or is it love your leaver?)
Another Opening of Another Show
Benny and the Jets
I Go to Rio (I LOVE IT!!)
Ram A Lam A Ding Dong
Scarborough Fair
Temptation (A la the Muppet Glee Club)
She Loves You (Such a great version of the song...I've found that there are a lot of Beatles songs I think the Muppets do better than the Beatles did..:big_grin:)
Tomorrow (really fun banjo song)
Octopus' Garden

...aw heck, why don't they just release every Muppet audio clip ever made...:smile:

-Matt

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Scarecroe: Yes, you're right, it's "Two Lost Souls." I'm not doing too well with song titles, am I? I'll have to think about that while I conduct my four-finger orchestra. :wink:

I like the suggestion that they just re-issue the movie soundtracks. However, any Muppet compilation may have to have a few songs on it that even the casual Muppet fan knows, like "Movin' Right Along."

Other songs I'd like to see on a CD (some have already been mentioned):

"Comedy Tonight" with assorted Muppets
"Mr. Bassman" with Scooter and Floyd
"Lullaby of Broadway" with assorted Muppets
"Another Opening of Another Show" with Fozzie, Link, Rizzo, etc. (Thanks for reminding me of the title, Cantus!)
"More, More, More" from Muppets at Walt Disney World
"Octopus' Garden" with Kermit, Piggy and Robin
An "At the Dance" sketch
There's a song on the Bob Hope episode after the commercial break with the whole cast sitting around a fireplace. Does anyone know the name of that one?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm My Own Grandpa
Six String Orchestra (a must)
The Guest Stars Song (the one where Scooter sings about all the guests)
Another Opening of Another Show
I've Never Harmed an Onion
You and I and George
50 Ways to Leave Your Lover (love Paul Simon songs)
Scarborough Fair
Annie Old Iron (or whatever it's called)
We've Got Each Other
I Hope That Something Better Comes Along (extended version. That's awesome!)
Steppin' Out With a Star
Saying Goodbye (another must. So dissapointed to find it not on the CD)
Time in a Bottle (loved the song. Jim's voice goes over real well with it)
Muppets Tonight theme

There's a lot more on your lists that I liked, but I didn't want to steal all your ideas.:big_grin: I'll probably think up more of these at 3 in the morning.:rolleyes:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
There's a song on the Bob Hope episode after the commercial break with the whole cast sitting around a fireplace. Does anyone know the name of that one?
"Long, Long Ago" in J.P. Gross' living room?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Thanks, Scott, that sounds right. You're a more trustworthy source for song names than I am!

Chilly Down and his four-of-a-kind, eight-toe orchestra

P.S. Super Scooter, love the idea about the guest stars song!