Songs you'd like to see on the next Muppet Compilation CD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a question... what exactly WERE the Pigs in Space/ Vet's Hospital sketches on the original albums?

Ironically... I ACTUALLY HAVE THESE, I just don't have a record player, and I am not sure they work well

(I actually have a few Muppet/ Sesame street albums I haven't seen or heard in years, including a few books and records, mainly Sesame. I have only the Muppets Take Manhattan Book and record, and I found that I had taped it on a blank tape I found years ago.)

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Don't know for sure what the Vet's Hospital and Pigs in Space sketches are. Someone with the albums (and a working record player!) will have to tell us. I picked them for my playlist because I'm always thinking in terms of catching the eye of the casual fan. If one of them picked up the soundtrack and was considering buying it, I think they're more likely to say, "Aww, I loved Pigs in Space" rather than "Aww, I loved 'Trees' by Wayne and Wanda!"

You have a copy of the original book on tape? That's awesome! I used to have stuff like that, but who knows where it is now...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I have the sketches from the albums on mp3. If you guys want, email me. I'll be glad to send em.

-Matt

Thijs

Reaction score
Vet`s hospital is the one with George from the Ben Vereen. A good choice: the best Vets I know. But...they cut out the laughs, plus its only hearing, not seeing it= doesn`t work. No more sketches, only songs is what I think of it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down

You have a copy of the original book on tape? That's awesome! I used to have stuff like that, but who knows where it is now...
Actually, it was a copy I copied off of the record version. It is fairly muddy sounding, so you'd be out of luck for a copy of it.

Anyway, I used to have the book and tape of "Muppet Manners: or the Night Gonzo Threw a Party" but.. I wrecked it when I was 9. I did wierd experimental recordings on cassette tapes, and the B side of the album lets you record on the tape, as the A side had the story on it.

It was fairly long. I fit a short cartoon from Tiny Toons on it... before it got wrecked....:frown:

Still have the book, though.

Hays

Reaction score
What about "Pull My String," that great number with the marionette? (being a former string-puller myself)

My ultimate favorite Muppet song, though, is "Lime In Da Coconut," which is fortunately out there on a few CDs.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hays
What about "Pull My String," that great number with the marionette? (being a former string-puller myself)
The title of that song is actually "Puppetman". I really like that song as well, and I'd agree that it should be on an album. :smile:

-Matt

Hays

Reaction score
Right - thought of another one that's WAAAY back in the depths of my brain - didn't they do a version of "Ragmop?"

I vaguely remember mop heads dancing around, but of course it's all mooshed up with my memory of Mah Na Mah Na...(I was nine, for crying out loud!)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
tenderly-by the electric mayhem would be cool for the cd...

ryan

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Good news: "Tenderly" is already available on the currently released compilation CD. You should be able to find it in most music stores. :smile: