1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sonia Manzano will not be on Sesame Street after Season 45

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by vettech28, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'll just say the same toon logic that keeps Bart stuck in the 4th grade for 27 years.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

<iframe src="http://www.npr.org/player/embed/442916715/442962122" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    Sonia Manzano and Emilio Delgado were on this NPR radio show "Ask Me Another" on this episode they talk a bit more about Sonia's departure and some less known Muppets like Meryl Sheep and Professor Hastings. Also skip to about 6:00 to here Emilio and Sonia sing "Hola" live. Listening to it made me cry and it gave me chills.*Oh the feels*:cry:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Video parody of Sonia's retirement:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Oh wow,what the heck did I just watch?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  6. Pig's Laundry

I was just thinking how fitting it was that Maria's final appearance on the show happened to be an episode about Oscar.
    [​IMG]

7. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Oh, yes...yes, yes, YES!!!! VERY fitting for sure! That's a real intelligent observation you've made there!

8. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Indeed a nice observation! Sonia mentioned in her archive interview that Oscar was her favorite Muppet character on the show, so that's quite a coincidence.

9. Pig's Laundry

Well that and the fact that they were very often paired together in the 1970s and 80s.Maria liked out smarting him while Oscar liked getting her riled up because it was a bit easier to get her mad than most of the other people on the street. The scene where Maria tells Oscar off on CHRISTMAS EVE ON SESAME STREET and the scenes the two share together on FOLLOW THAT BIRD,I think perfectly sum up their relationship.

10. JC Motors

JC Motors New Member

I wonder how they will write her off

11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious they didn't have to. Quite a few cast members disappeared this season with no explanation. I don't think the show's core audience knows or even cares that some of the human cast is gone.

12. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Plus its been just mostly Muppets now so there's that.