1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sony's repackaged Muppet DVDs

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by panmanthe2nd, Sep 4, 2012.

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Hi all, :)

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I can't find it so...

Sony has repackaged their 3 Muppet films. As far as I know the discs have the same bonuses as the last versions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

These covers.... SUCK. :laugh:
  3. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
    jvcarroll likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Those appear to be European releases, or some other region outside of North America: the triangle with the U in it is a dead give away, as U in other countries is the same as our G rating.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Who was messing with the saturation filter on Kermit's Swamp years? :eek:
  6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Hmm..... let's see....... newish overused stock photo, old, totally overused stock photo, and new but still overused stock photo. But, in all honesty, I like that picture of Piggy.
  7. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Wow....that's some originality there. :rolleyes:
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I can't even add anything everyone pretty much covered what I was gonna say. Sheesh don't knock yourselves out with trying to make some decent quality covers. Oh wait they didn't. :ouch:
  9. panmanthe2nd

Here one more:
    [​IMG]

A lot of shops are selling these 're-releases' for about £2, which is a lot cheaper than Amazon at the moment.
  10. panmanthe2nd

Sorry, I forgot to say that they are UK releases. I don't know if they'll use the same cover everywhere else or not.
  11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I give them credit. The packages will stand out. Although, probably in more ways than one XD
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Don't laugh! It looks like those two were actually an effort. In so much the fact that they erased everything but the background. it looks like the Elmo one took the Elmo on the cover and just blew him up to show his massive head. Given Elmo in Grouchland, that's sort of apropos!

But still... where is the research that says kids are so insanely stupid that everything has to look like a cereal box to grab their attention?
  13. Pinkflower7783

I just can't help but laugh at these. The Elmo In Grouchland I think is the best looking one out of all of them. But does everything have to be so bright??! I feel like I need to wear sunglasses. :laugh:
  14. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

C'mon people, let's be honest...they're poo, really poo!!
  15. Walter

Walter Active Member

I liked the original "Muppets Take Manhattan" DVD cover...But to be honest, these look like they would make great box-set insert covers.
  16. Pinkflower7783

They look like something I could put together and that's not saying much. :o The KSY one though just is way too bright though.
  17. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

And... uh... it's not even Kermit as a kid... ;)
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

These are done pretty bad...are these real? They look like a fan made ones!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  19. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

It's amazing what you can do when combining photoshop with little to no creativity or originality.
    Muppet fan 123 and MissMusical12 like this.
  20. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

These are really, really bad. The Gonzo one isn't as bad as the other ones, but the Kermit one....you gotta be kidding me.
    PanMan: Where did you find this? It's way too bad to be true.

Plus CaseytheMuppet raised a good point in a post above: It's not Kermit as a kid. Isn't that what the movie's about?