Sorta-Belated TV Alert: Muppet double feature on TBS 9/4

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I say this is sorta-belated because it's not over, but right now, TBS is airing The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted back-to-back, and Muppets Most Wanted will air again immediately after itself.

I saw this news on Tough Pigs a few days ago and assumed it was posted here, but as I looked I see that it wasn't.

Did anybody watch The Muppets? Anybody notice anything edited? I'm watching Muppets Most Wanted, halfway in, and haven't noticed any edits or if it has anything from the extended version.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I say this is sorta-belated because it's not over, but right now, TBS is airing The Muppets and Muppets Most Wanted back-to-back, and Muppets Most Wanted will air again immediately after itself.

I saw this news on Tough Pigs a few days ago and assumed it was posted here, but as I looked I see that it wasn't.

Did anybody watch The Muppets? Anybody notice anything edited? I'm watching Muppets Most Wanted, halfway in, and haven't noticed any edits or if it has anything from the extended version.
yeah it's way to late, to say something about it now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I watched the repeat of Muppets Most Wanted, and as far as I can tell (I wasn't exactly paying 100% attention), I don't think it cut anything from the theatrical cut (aside from what happens during and after the credits, due to the split-screen during the credits). There's a few things that I thought were different from how I remembered, maybe it's just me, but I don't think it had anything from the extended edition.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The Muppets was preempted by a baseball game. It becomes one of those "we now join our program already in progress" scenarios, with the movie starting around the point where the gang first arrives at the Muppet Theater. Off hand, here's what I remember being cut
- Parts of "We Built This City," including Kermit's phone calls, and the bits with Beauregard and the Swedish Chef.
- The nighttime sequence where Kermit and Fozzie are looking up at the stars.
- Tex Richman's song. Instead, Tex's response to Kermit is, "well, Mr. the Frog, let me think... the answer is no."
- Bobo asking Deadly if he thinks they're working for the bad guy.
- Kermit leaving the Muppets behind outside of Richman's building.
- The wild drive back to the theater after kidnapping Jack Black.
- Bill Cobbs's "cameo," as well as the arrival of Whoopi Goldberg, Selena Gomez, and Rico Rodriguez.
- I feel like something was cut from the blackout scene, but I can't remember what. Possibly Wayne and Wanda making out.

I didn't catch the repeat of MMW, but I did catch the first airing. What I can remember being cut:
- Andy and Randy's appearance in "We're Doing a Sequel."
- Possibly the "Poopenbergen" joke. I really can't remember.
- Kermit and Walter each looking outside of a window, and Walter looking at his Kermit watch.
- The wild party on the train, with P-Diddy and Pepe, and Walter asking everyone if they think something's wrong with Kermit.
- Walter spotting Constantine doing Karate.
- The appearance of Nadia's Kermit shrine.
- The long trek Fozzie, Walter, and Animal make to the Gulag.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The appearance of Nadia's Kermit shrine.
Yeah, I noticed that part was missing as well. The fact that it was cut kind of makes the other scene when she's upset that Kermit escapes makes a little less sense, it kind of makes her outburst seem out of place and out of nowhere.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't catch the repeat of MMW, but I did catch the first airing. What I can remember being cut:
- Andy and Randy's appearance in "We're Doing a Sequel."
I had forgotten that I felt something was missing from the song. I also feel something was cut or different about the closing song, or maybe it's just me.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
That was a thing? What part of the movie was that?
Constantine knits a... Something while on the train. Dominic enters and says something like "Oh no, you only knit when you're stressed."

Constantine then mentions that "the little guy, the bear, and their dog have escaped," or something like that.