South Park creators join the world of puppetry

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Maybe this belongs in General Discussion, but ...

Matt Stone and Trey Parker have decided to make a new feature film starring marionettes. Read all about it here and here. And then feel free to trash or praise the idea in this thread.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Sounds like fun! I'm a big fan of Parker and Stone and loved their last movie, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm all for it. I really dig Southpark, most of the time, and I think it's a cool venture for them!

Lu775

Reaction score
It's gonna compete with that new Thunderbirds movie that's coming out!

hehe. Well, ok, not really, since the Thunderbirds movie is going to be live action. ?!?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They are also updating a lot of the other "Supermariation" shows as 3-D animated projects. They've dubbed the process "SuperHyperMariation" or something like that.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
They are also updating a lot of the other "Supermariation" shows as 3-D animated projects. They've dubbed the process "SuperHyperMariation" or something like that.
"Hypermarionation." And that project is being done by Gerry Anderson himself, not Parker and Stone.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
"Hypermarionation." And that project is being done by Gerry Anderson himself, not Parker and Stone.
By "they" I wasn't referring to Parker and Stone, but you're right and thanks for clarifying that. It's Gerry Anderson himself doing those other projects. Gerry declined to be involved with the Thunderbirds movie though.