Spaceship Surprise thread...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
A recurring sketch that early 90's SS fans loved...and scared the living **** out of me!!!!!!!! now, the sketch of the space-age anything muppets has it's own thread. Talk about your memories of it and tell me what each crew member looked like if possible. so post your messages on the thread dedicated to SSPPAAACCCEEESHIP.......................SUUURRRRRPPPRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ME: (running for my dear life to my bedroom)

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
The name "Spaceship Surprise" seems familiar to me, but I cannot remember anything more...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, come on Jeffrey. You can't remember a segment with a Guy Smiley-like muppet as its captain used in four different sketches? Here are the ones I remember.
1 Planet CH where the crew is greeted by Mayor Cheedar Cheese who slides out of a chariot, lets them see the cheery cheerleader chickens and cherry trees before doing the cha-cha.
2 Planet SH where the crew is greeted by Sherriff Shrimp riding Sheba, his faithful ship who introduces a shrieking shovel before they all dance the shimmy-shake.
3 Planet TR where the crew is greeted by a Tributary Trout who shows off the triangle trees and dance the "TR"-dance.
4 Planet H where the crew meet Hopper, a hopping hare, and a few more hens before dancing the hula.
My memory's a little sketchy on the last two, and I don't recall Spaceship Surprise: The Next Generation. Please let me know what this spinoff spoof was about. Hope this helps everybody out.

Yeah! I just reached the quarter-mark until the big status shift in rank!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
in the next generation, Captain looked like a bald Sonny Friendly. that's all i know.

and what did Captain's assistant look like in the original?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love Star Trek Parodies. I also love the Pigs in space. Man, I remember those ones...."The Planet TR is very Trying..."

I love how they always worm in some sort of "consinent sound" dance. Ahh..Good times, good times...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
hey, dr. tooth! a turkey!

by the way, who WAS that cartoon guy with the hat?

Drtooth

Reaction score
That was Kronk from my favorite Disney Movie, the Emperor's new Groove.

salemfan

Reaction score
I remember Spaceship Surprise from when I was little! I've been waiting to see them use it since I got back into Sesame Street in Season 31, but I never
saw any Spaceship Surprise segments again! What happened to them?

goshposh

Reaction score
who were the puppeteers in those skits? i remember them and how the ship always seemed to crash. i was really young but i got the star trek parody. my dad is a start trek fanatic