1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Spammers at MC...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 8, 2005.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Snowth. All those accounts were probably banned when they registered accounts, or rather never banned because they never posted any actual spam to get them banned. I'll keep saying it, the one thing I want for Christmas/Three Kings Day present as a moderator is the "Spam Cleaner" button/link back in play with an unlimited time option so spammers can be deleted permanently from the forums, including longer jerks that keep popping back up from time to time.

Schfifty, MikaelaMuppet and 1000 Eyes like this.
  2. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Welp, so we'll have to go through the whole day with inappropriate imagery on a family-friendly website. How wonderful. :concern:

MikaelaMuppet and 1000 Eyes like this.
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

And it would seem these are now gone. Thanks for the report!

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I was concerned about those pictures myself as well.

5. Schfifty

And as a New Year's gift, we've got a whole slew of spam accounts with birthdays today! Yay!

MikaelaMuppet and 1000 Eyes like this.
  6. The Count

Yep, a whole batch of spamturds who had their accounts banned but still show up as "forum members" within the system. Hopefully Phil can purge them in a more permanent manner. :batty:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

The first official day of the year, we get a reward of spammers.

8. Schfifty

Just curious, did Phillip ever get to dispelling those spam accounts from New Year's Day?

9. The Count

Dunno, but there's a crop of the "ywm"-ending spambots that turned up today, all because the bastwages keep plugging in the same birthdate as part of their fake profiles. :grr:

10. MikaelaMuppet

Good chunk of the birthdays today are mostly spammers.

11. Schfifty

Makes me wish we had more admins here to clean up this junk. :sigh:

12. MikaelaMuppet

I agree.

13. The Count

Another huge batch of spambots who were deleted when they joined in the "Today's Birthdays" section. If only they could be purged from the forum's system permanently. :sigh:

14. MikaelaMuppet

I just really wish that something could be done about it. Sick and tired of seeing them pop up.

15. MikaelaMuppet

A majority of the birthdays today here on the forum are nothing but female spammers.

16. MikaelaMuppet

What a surprise. A whole boatload of spammers are under the birthdays for today.

17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This has been resolved. The birthday listings should be greatly improved on future days as well.

MikaelaMuppet and The Count like this.
  18. The Count

Sure hope so, it's kind of defeatist finding those spammers whose accounts were deleted still listed as members (even if as inactive members) without being able to fully erase them from the forums. Thanks for this Phil.

19. MikaelaMuppet

I sure hope that all of the spammers will be erased forever from this forum someday.

20. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member