Spammers at MC...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I got a groovey PM spam! First ever!

ashleyleng: Hi my friend,do you want find some chance to earn dollars? I can tell you that I can help
you.I currently do the business of whloesale dvd9,and it is well-made ,the quality is perfect.But it not expensive,it is only $3 per disk.if you instrested about this please
contact me . My Email address is(removed). Trust me ,trust your self ,you can win $$$.
thanks very much.

(Beau, I removed the email address to be rid of this person. Kev)

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I got this too, and there I was thinking it might have been only me who got this deal, lol.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If I listed every spam e-mail I received I'd have to list the ones about meeting lonely women in my area, how to make money on e-bay, miracle drugs, cheap DVDs and CDs, financial and insurance advise, surveys about which soda is better, etc. and a really terrific offer from somebody over in Africa to split the inheritance of a wealthy businessman who passed away but his relatives can not be found . . . Did I forget any?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I got a groovey PM spam! First ever!

ashleyleng: Hi my friend,do you want find some chance to earn dollars? I can tell you that I can help
you.I currently do the business of whloesale dvd9,and it is well-made ,the quality is perfect.But it not expensive,it is only $3 per disk.if you instrested about this please
contact me . Trust me ,trust your self ,you can win $.
thanks very much.
Just delete it and move on.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The really weird thing (that I think MC needs to look into) is:
a. How she got her name NOT to appear in the address field.
b. AND (because I got it too!) was her join date!!!
Has someone figured out how to hack MC? This may be something a little more dangerous then just harmless spam! :eek:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic is right! Her join date is "1970" in the PM I got.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, so I'm not the only one who got this....WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
If I listed every spam e-mail I received . . . Did I forget any?
These were PMs and E-mails via MuppetCentral.com; not the regular run of the mill spam mailings.

I got one and a PM as well. Just delete them.

Anytime you get mail from someone and the subject line is blank or you don't recognize the sender or the subject's message...delete it.