1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Spammers at MC...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Understanding that this is a SPAM thread and not a soap box;

I have to admit; I'm really embarassed by all this "banning" talk lately. Petitions, posts with sub texts like "you-know-who", personal digs and by my friends none the less too. If people were banned or whatever just for being annoying or posting too much; there'd be next to no one here. I think we all need to be excercising a little more patience instead of accusing people of double lives and being guilty of double posting (a sin that almost everyone here has committed at least once). So let's be real and understand it's not a perfect world and we're not all gonna' get along, but just do the best we can instead of calling Kevin out and say he's not doing his job properly, that's not appropriate at all.

If you take a look around, there are a lot of old schoolers who aren't here anymore, and I can see why. This is a Muppet forum, not a preschool, let's try and keep MC the kind of place we know and love, please?

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I posted a lot of information in here but chose against my post.

I will say this:

First: I come to Muppet Central for the same reason as anybody else does--for fun. When you come on these message boards and attempt to call each other out that brings negativity to MC. I have worked HARD to instill a pleasant feeling here at these forums and to create a positive atmosphere. Furthermore, do not start trying to call ME out! If you don't like my moderation of these forums then you write to Phil privately. You have your opinions and you're welcome to them, but I will not tolerate the same thing happening to me that happens to other people.

Second: If someone posts lists in a thread about a topic which basically requires posts that are lists, you cannot call that spamming. Of course, by hopping in that thread and start talking about someone to call them out you are then basically spamming a thread about listing the weather.

Third: If you say you wrote to me, I believe you. If you say you wrote to me and I did not reply, I don't belive you. I reply to every single e-mail and PM that comes to me, here and personally. It may not be promptly as soon as you send it, and it may be a few days later, but I ALWAYS reply.

I have worked VERY hard to keep this place drama free and full of fun, with honest people who make fair friends via the internet. I have said time and again do NOT call each other out on these forums. This is NOT the place to do it. I have said that if there are problems to e-mail me or PM me or another moderator, and I have asked for LINKS and details--without it I cannot do anything. I cannot be biased and be a moderator, I have to judge things from both sides of the argument to make a decision, and I have been MORE than fair in all my decisions on these boards since becoming a moderator.

But there seems to be a consistent few who undermine my attempts at this by bringing negativity onto the boards when those complaints are best saved for e-mails or PMs, which I ain't gettin! Why is it so important to undermine me and post in forum threads the negative complaints on other members than to contact myself or a moderator?

3. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Hello peoples! there's a spammer by the name of "vitagel".

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Thanks, he's been banned.

5. anathema

anathema Active Member

6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Is that rachee, who has put threads all over the buy/sell posts!!Please disappear!!!

7. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

He Ruined every Buy?Trade/Sell Thread

8. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

ALERT!:mad: ALERT!:mad: SPAMMER!:boo: The Thread is called Home security and it has a link where you sign-up for something and you get some security system. SPAMMMER PROTECTOR, AWAAAYYYY!
    (but seriously, someone get rid of this thread)

Maniacal muppet

9. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Yes, Rachee is very annoying. :mad: 16 posts, all SPAM!

10. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Oh geez, sorry anathema. I just reported what you just posted about.:o Very sorry.

11. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.
    (singing moty python song.)

12. Kimp the Shrimp

Is This Spam ^

13. Kimp the Shrimp

14. Beebers

Beebers New Member

A Brief History of Spam, and Its Crucial Role During the Second World War

:) :cool: :)

As America entered World War II, SPAM luncheon meat played a crucial role overseas. With Allied forces fighting to liberate Europe, Hormel Foods provided 15 million cans of food to troops each week. SPAM immediately became a constant part of a soldiers' diets, and earned much praise for feeding the starving British and Soviet armies as well as civilians.

World War II generated a huge sales boost for Hormel Foods. Between 1939 and 1942, its net sales doubled to almost $120 million and annual pork processing reached an all-time high of 1.6 million head, mostly because of Uncle Sam. By 1944, 90 percent of all Hormel canned goods were going to military forces or military aid programs. That following April of 1945, more than 100 million pounds of SPAM had been shipped abroad.

SPAM was used as a B-ration - to be served in rotation with other meats behind the lines overseas and at camps and bases in the States. However, many times GIs were eating it two or three times a day.
    SPAM was incorporated into the language of the war. Uncle Sam became Uncle SPAM, while food supply depots were SPAM Canyons. One military encampment in the South Pacific went so far as to dub itself SPAMVILLE. A photo of the camp showed the word SPAMVILLE painted on a makeshift watertower. A replication of SPAMVILLE is on display in the SPAM Museum.
    Throughout 1943, Hormel Foods hired 448 women to replace men serving in the war.
    Soviet Union leader Nikita Khrushchev wrote, "Without SPAM we wouldn't have been able to feed our army."
    The British relished the SPAM that came to them. Margaret Thatcher, then a teenager, vividly remembered opening a tin of SPAM on Boxing Day (an English holiday observed the day after Christmas). She stated, "We had some lettuce and tomatoes and peaches, so it was SPAM and salad."
    President Dwight D. Eisenhower, in a letter acknowledging the role of SPAM in World War II, stated that he ate his "share of SPAM along with millions of other soldiers." The letter was sent to retired Hormel President H. H. Corey in 1966. A copy of this letter is on display in the World War II section of the SPAM Museum.

------------------

The story of SPAM® luncheon meat began in 1936. Hormel Foods devised a recipe for a 12-ounce can of spiced ham. Jay C. Hormel was determined to find a brand name with a distinct identity that would set it apart from the competition. The company offered a $100 prize for the best name for the spiced ham product. The winner was Kenneth Daigneau, the actor brother of Hormel Vice President Ralph Daigneau. He created the new word by combining the “sp” from spiced ham with the “am” from ham.

Hormel Foods first producedSPAM® luncheon meat in 1937 in Austin, Minn. One of the first moderately priced, convenient and great-tasting food products on the market, SPAM® became America's favorite luncheon meat almost immediately

In Austin, Minnesota a 16,500 square-foot SPAM® Museum opened in September 2001. Museum visitors will be welcomed to the world of SPAM® Family of Products with a variety of interactive and educational games, fun exhibits and remarkable video presentations.

15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Bee-...bers? When? What? How did you get here? Thanks for a little education there. *grin* Oh, and, oops, I havn't e-mailed for a while.

16. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

:) So we should all be good spammers at MC forum then shouldn't we?
    Eat your spam. It's good for you. Makes you grow up to be big and strong. :D ;)

17. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Tee-hee, SPAM is made in my state! My aunt lives not far from that museum! See, good reasons to come to the Northland! :) Ok, I'd better go before I'm considered SPAM.....

18. rumtar_10165

rumtar_10165 New Member

no this is a joke based up on Monty Python Flying Circus.

19. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

Even I've heard of it.

20. Kimp the Shrimp

It was a joke

SPAMALOT