Spammers at MC...

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I hope no real damage could be done.
I think this site is only having these problems because its using a very popular forum software and theres people out there who devote their time to hack and make programs to send bulk messages in forums using this software.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Just to report, I also got a spam PM from the user ashleyleng. Same as Beau described.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Vic is right! Her join date is "1970" in the PM I got.
Wait a minute... Beau; your's had her with a different join date!? :confused: How did they do that!?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Okay, this dink just spammed me, too. Sent me a private message.
Can we just drop a piano on them or something?

(Hi, I removed the e-mail information for safety. You do NOT want to email these people and let them know you have a live e-mail address becasue if you do, then they will FLOOD you and sell your e-mail address to other groups/businesses. Kev)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think the best (worst?) thing about the PM spam was how pathetic their spelling and grammar was. Yeah; I'm really gonna' do bussiness with someone who rites ths liek. :confused: :eek:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Many SPAMMERS spell words intentionally wrong in order to get around SPAM filters.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I got one about DVDs. How could she join in 1969?????? D'Snowth's right, we're under attack! Hide!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Under attack? I've been feeling that way lately, too. Seems that there's a lot of unstable-ness around here lately. Kind of sad, really. If it's not someone who's in a bad mood and posting, it's these awful spammers.

Luke

Reaction score
I got the PM one about DVD's too. If everyone got it then yeah i guess they are using a program to bulk mail the members list. I was thinking something could be done to ban their IP addresses but then i guess they can probably get round that too.