1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Spammers at MC...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 8, 2005.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey Kevin... Think something oughta be done about this person named routeradio. There's a new thread in B/S/T about "Cool New Apparel" and I think he's got a few threads there which just don't make sense, maybe could be interpreted as spam.
    Just thought you should know.

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Count, we'll look into him. Thanks.

If everyone else could leave this thread to reporting Spam posts only that would help us address these issues quicker.

3. The Count

Will try our best. Another thing I've noticed lately is that when a person deemed as "spammer" is taken care of, they're still listed as active members, saw LeaperGnome a few weeks back. And not sure if there's a direct correlation, but MC's attracting a lot of people lately.
    Oh well. Hope this helps somewhat.

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Phil, can you address that question? I haven't got a clue:

When someone is banned do they still show up on the member's list as active? Does it ban their ISP also so they can't sign on again?

5. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

6. Phillip

They won't be on the "who's on-line" list obviously since they can't access the site anymore. I think they are still listed on the member's list if banned, but not if the account is deleted entirely.

7. Phillip

Thank you. It's always helpful to post a link to the questionable post as well.

8. Fozzie Bear

I think when people start posting all the one-word replies like that it's to build their post-count up to post the SPAM. Nice catch.

9. The Count

Um Kev... Don't wanna beat a dead horse... But one of those W-guys is in the online list at the moment.
    Just thought you oughta know.

10. Fozzie Bear

I looked but didn't see anything; of course, this could be hours after you posted, too. Sorry 'bout that.

If they are still able to show up in the online list they can't post.

11. The Count

Well... My MC clock shows it's 9:30 PM EDT, and Whatashambles is in the online section of currently active members today, 6/17/2006.
    Hope this helps.

12. Yea, I keep seeing them online too.:smirk:

13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Get rid of the retard!

14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Listen D'Snowth, I know, I know they have wronged you in the past, but it was in the past and There is really know reason for name calling and mud slinging. If there acting up, they will be removed, So lets try to be mature about this, okay.:)

15. D'Snowth

Hey, have you been to IMDb lately? Apparently the past is still going on into the future!

16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, know, I didnt know that that's unfortunate, it stinks these guy's are after you. Well can we at least not let what goes on there affect here.

17. AHH! Shambles is online AGAIN!

18. D'Snowth

Get Rid Of That Sob!

19. The Count

You know... Me thinks it would better if we voice our concerns about certain "banned" parties still remaining online in a manner befitting this website directly to Kevin himself, rather than continuing to post here.
    Sorry if I started this, Kevin I'll understand if you see fit to clean this thread a bit again.
    Just trying to keep the good vibrations and California dreamin' alive here at MC.

20. Make him eat veggies and watch sesame street all day! Just do something to get him away!

Ok count.