Speaking of SS, anyone here miss THE ELECTRIC COMPANY?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
As a child of the 70's, my afternoon diet consisted of:

3:30 PM Villa Allegre
4:00 PM Mister Rogers
4:30 PM The Electric Company
5:00 PM Sesame Street
6:00 Zoom

Anyone else miss THE ELECTRIC COMPANY?

I seriously think it was such an underrated show. I mean look at that subpar BETWEEN THE LIONS show. That program can't hold a candle to the wit, songs, and creativity that went into TEC.

Plus, they had Morgan Freeman.

It was the PERFECT companion to SESAME.

Sometimes I have trouble remembering if certain skits and cartoons were from TEC or SS.

Anyone else a fan? Too bad the idiots at Noggin took it off.

ssetta

Reaction score
I do, I miss both!! I can't believe Noggin!!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Electric Company had some wonderful moments and an incredible cast. You can hear some of the music of the Electric Company on Muppet Central Radio. Joe Raposo and many others wrote some great songs for the show.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jeff, That sounds like MY afternoon! Except for the Villa show. I think it was Reading Rainbow in the mix too.

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!

I remember screaming that as a kid.

The dumbest thing on the ZOOM show I saw as a kid is when they would read the letters, and that fatter kid with the bowl haircut explained one day why, even though it's in their song, they can't teach you to fly. I said, "I can't believe that kid was that stupid to write in that question."

If I had been fat kid with bowl hair cut, I would have said, "First, you find a really tall building, open your umbrella, and jump."