Special announcement

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Coming in the future from my imagination:

The Muppet Show with our very special guest stars The Banana Splits:excited: :big_grin:

But first I've got to work on my current fan fics Pops falls in love and Muppets Tonight with guest star Sarah Michelle Gellar

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm a glutton for putting so many projects on my plate but I simply must post this beginning to this idea. Those of you who don't remember the Banana Splits can check out my thread about them in General Discussion. Although I'm not too familiar with the other 4 seasons this is to be in the style of Season 5. One day when I have season 5 on DVD I can try to polish it up.

COLD OPENING

Pops is reading a Spiderman comic-book when the door opens and the 4 extraordinary guests come in.

Pops: Hey, who're you? Or should I say what're you?
Fleegle: We're the Banana Splits. We used to be on television back in the days of the early 70's. We were very popular and Kermit has asked us to come out of retirement to guest star on his variety show tonight. I'm Fleegle the Beagle.
Bingo: I'm Bingo the Gorilla.
Drooper: I'm Drooper the Lion. And this is Snorky the Elephant.
Snorky honks in greeting to Pops.

Pops: Has he got a cold or something?
Bingo: Oh no. Snorky's always like this. He doesn't talk. He only honks.
Pops: Isn't that terrible? How is he supposed to find himself a lady friend if he can't talk English?

Just then a shiny red convertible with no driver pulls up and starts honking invitingly. Snorky runs over to it and caresses its hood honking in return. Then they start honking intimately together.

Pops is speechless with amazement as Fleegle says: Well they may be very different but it really doesn't matter as long as they speak the same language eh?

OPENING THEME

Gonzo is about to blow the horn when Snorky suddenly pushes him aside, holds his trunk just like a horn and goes HONK HONK HONKA HOOONK

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Kermit: Welcome everybody to tonight's very different sort of Muppet Show. First of all we have 4 very special guest stars and they are very different from the run of the mill guest stars we normally have. So without further ado here's the Banana Splits.
Fleagle! (runs onstage from the left)
Bingo! (runs onstage from the right)
Drooper! (runs onstage through the curtains)
and Snorky (the car comes driving itself onto the stage from the right with Snorky riding on its red hood)
Kermit does a double take then Drooper tells Snorky that he'd better tell his sweetie that she must see him later on so they honk a reluctant farewell and she drives off to the left offstage.

Kermit(regaining composure) :It's wonderful to have you all here tonight. You know you're almost like muppets yourselves.
Fleagle: It's our pleasure Kermit.
Bingo: Yeah it's great to be on television again.
Kermit: And in honour of your television program we've recreated the sets used originally by you for each of your musical numbers.
The Splits are all excited to hear that.
Kermit: So go and get yourselves ready.
They duck behind the curtain

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
OPENING NUMBER

Kermit: So for our opening number folks the Electric Mayhem are going to perform the theme song of the Banana Splits classic television show while they dance around to entertain you. YAAAAAYYY!

CURTAIN OPENS the Banana Splits clubhouse is revealed.
The Splits all drive around back and forth in their buggies while the Electric Mayhem performs in a stand in the middle with Animal's drumkit raised above all the rest of them and some muppet bananas inbetween the other musicians sing the chorus
Bananas: Tra-la-la Tra-la-la-la Tra-la-la Tra-la-la-la etc.
Then the Splits all park their little cars and get out one by one to start to dance as the Mayhem sings as they play
Dr.Teeth: 1 banana
Floyd: 2 banana
Zoot: 3 banana
Animal: 4
Janice: 4 bananas make a bunch and so do many more
Floyd: Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Dr.Teeth: To bring the 4 bananas to the Muppet Show
Animal: Makin up a mess a' fun Yeah makin up a mess a' fun. (shouting) Lots of fun for everyone hah-hah-hah
The bananas sing the chorus again and the Splits start to roll and tumble over each other during the second verse.
Floyd: 4 banana
Janice: 3 banana
Lips: 2 banana
Animal: 1
Dr.Teeth: All bananas playing in the bright warm sun
Zoot: Flipping like a pancake. Popping like a cork.
Lips: Fleagle, Bingo, Drooper and Snork
Then the bananas sing the chorus one last time with Animal joining in roaring out the Tra-la-las as the number is wrapped up.

(I owe special thanks for my dear friend on the forum JaniceferSure who posted the theme song in my General Discussion Banana Splits thread of which I have used 2 of the verses with one line slightly altered in the first one.)

Statler and Waldorf
Statler: What did you think of that opening act?
Waldorf: Somehow it just didn't have a-peel to me at all
(they laugh together)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Kermit announces that instead of their usual sketches tonight they're going to do special one-off sketches in tribute to the animated cartoons the Banana Splits used to show on their series so he introduces an Arabian Knights skit with Whatnots as Turhan and his Arabian Knights, Leroy the Donkey as Zazuum, Big Mean Mama as the tyrant ruler Bakaar and Uncle Deadley as right hand officer Vangkor.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
DRESSING ROOM

Fozzie Bear visits the Splits in their dressing room and asks for any suggestions for his act. Drooper says has he ever trird doing a funny household chore like his old recurring Take out the trash skit. Fleagle says or how about his similar Get the mail routine.
Fozzie thinks he'll give it a try and says for his monologue tonight he'll do the dishes. Bingo offers to back him up and Fozzie accepts. Snorky casually pours some water on a venus fly-trap in a pot and it grows larger biting him on his snout. As he honks trying to get it off Fleagle says see Fozzie how Snorky did that plant watering routine. Easy isn't it?
Bingo

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
DRESSING ROOM

Fozzie Bear visits the Splits in their dressing room and asks for any suggestions for his act. Drooper says has he ever trird doing a funny household chore like his old recurring Take out the trash skit. Fleagle says or how about his similar Get the mail routine.
Fozzie thinks he'll give it a try and says for his monologue tonight he'll do the dishes. Bingo offers to back him up and Fozzie accepts. Snorky casually pours some water on a venus fly-trap in a pot and it grows larger biting him on his snout. As he honks trying to get it off Fleagle says see Fozzie how Snorky did that plant watering routine. Easy isn't it?
Bingo adds but we must come up with something worthy of you. Simply

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
DRESSING ROOM

Bingo adds but we must come up with something worthy of you. Simply dropping the dishes and

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
DRESSING ROOM

Bingo adds but we must come up with something worthy of you. Simply dropping the dishes and breaking them on the stage is too easy.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Please pardon me everybody. I have no idea at all how this happened:embarrassed:
Stupid computer!:mad: