1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetDanny, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Stulz

Stulz Member

"Snap"

getting it out of those **** snapper cases is "Special " enough for me : )

rasafra-stinking-snapper cases...

but yeah, more extras as in CONTENT would be nice.

Wow MC edits dam with an "N" at the end......intersesting....
  2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thank you for the October news Stultz. I am looking forward to nabbing that up.
  3. Stulz

Stulz Member

Not Official

Emmet could arrive anytime between Sept and Dec. I'm just saying that mamy stores put out Xmas titles aroudn October... so to paraphrase the frog:

Don't start counting your tadploes before they're hatched.. it still has to be officially announce.

:)

Too bad Kermit won't be a part of Frog Town Hollow when it arrives though...
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The official release date for "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas: Collector's Edition" is October 4, 2005. More details can be found here: http://www.hitstoreusa.com/emotjuchd.html
  5. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

notice on the "TMM" or "TGMC" does not have "Jim Henson Retrospective" feature on the special features list, I presume this will be used for season 2 of "TMS"
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

so far it looks like the muppet movie and the great muppet caper won't have commentary or muppet morsels. what a shame :boo: I wonder if the muppet movie screen test will still be included. and there is no mention of the original trailers or deleted scenes :concern:
  7. Stulz

Stulz Member

Sweet!

Sometimes I amaze myself!

:halo:
  8. Oliver

Oliver New Member

Does anyone have the original poster art cover files for any of the original Muppet films as was featured on dvdcoverart.com before legal issues forced the site to close down?

If you're lazy and it's any more of an incentive, I'd be willing to "trade" for the printable template and cover art plus insert for the alternate Muppets Magic DVD that the site also hosted.

Thanks.
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

WOW! I love the art covers for both of them. I can't wait now! YEAAAAA!!! I was about ask someone where they saw them and looked throught the post and saw them. GOOD, GREAT, GRAND! :) :o :halo:
  10. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

11. blackurth

blackurth New Member

I hope that both TMM and GMC sound better than the original dvd's because they sound like crap,I even have a 5.1 sound system and i still have to turn it up all the way just to hear it,and if they release TMTM that MUST be remastered to 5.1 sound because the original dvd is in mono and really sounds like crap,I have to turn that one up all theb way on my 5.1 system and it is still barely audible.....MCC and MTI sound great though.....
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Why wont Kermit be in the film?
  13. anathema

anathema Active Member

With all due respect, if you're finding that you're having to do that then there is something amiss with your setup.

I wouldn't necessarily agree about 5.1. None of the early movies were made in that format, so the 5.1 DVD soundtracks are not the original mixes anyway. I'd prefer to hear them in the format the director intended.

I agree with you about TMTM needing better treatment. Just to add insult to injury, Columbia's VHS release from a few years previously was in stereo...
  14. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Perhaps, but I'd still love a 5.1 mix. 2-channel sound may be the way that the directors intended it, but a decent 5.1 mix can retain everything that the director intended whilst adding depth to the sound. Most 5.1 mixes that I've heard are WORLDS away from 2-channel. And if a 5.1 mix is included, I sure hope there's a DTS mix too. :)
  15. anathema

anathema Active Member

Depends on how it's done. If they have all the original sound elements available - dialog takes, music, effects, etc - then a decent 5.1 is perfectly feasible. If not, then the best that can be achieved is a faked-surround remix, which is never a good idea.
  16. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i can't wait for any of these
  17. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I HATE to be the one to say this, But some guy on Toughpigs Emailed Disney...and the DVD's... Will be in FULLSCREEN This Realy Sucks People of Muppetcentral...
  18. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

All the Disney Dvd's i have from Movies are both Widescreen and Full screen so we will have to see
  19. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

I can tell you this: for TMM and GMC, a widescreen edition would be BEAUTIFUL, but it's not as important here as it has been in the past. Why, you say? Well, it's easy enough for me (and many others, I assume) to make 2-disc editions of these sets by taking the old Tri-Star disc and putting that in a 2-disc case with the new Disney disc. That way, you've got the Tri-Star for the film, and the Disney for the features.

However, the MCC and MTI releases are a whole different story. Disney has changed their minds in the past on many things, so I wouldn't be surprised that the TP guy's response from Disney is changed at some point. Brian Henson himself has said that he did not approve of pan-and-scan only releases of his two films, and since he is now a part of the Disney company, I would imagine he would have a pretty big say in how the DVDs come out. But that's just me, of course...

Oh, and I can tell you this. At the very least, I'll be buying all four discs for their new cases (with slipcovers, I presume).
  20. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I have e-mailed Disney and have gotten both sides of the story. DisneyDirect e-mail customer support said they will be Fullscreen; and whereas the DisneyDVD support e-mail told me they would be widescreen; and Disney consumer service phone hotline said this information was not released or final yet. And other people I've talked to have said widescreen aswell.

DavisDVD, lists them as being widescreen, and they are usally not ones to jump the gun on reporting things. Other sites and stores say widescreen too (but that may just be people assuming, or people may have actual sales information).

It is hard to say which way it will be in the end. Sometimes people get untrue information from the customer services. Due to the high amount of inquires processed and the high use of form responces mistakes happen (I've seen it 1,000 times). Maybe the person responding looked at the old 2002 Muppet film releases for the information when answered the question, maybe they have wrong information in there database. Who knows? Until the official Disney press release is out (which should be soon) it is hard to tell for sure what will be on the discs. (I remember a while back the DisneyDirect people responded with DVD features for "The Muppets Wizard of Oz"that were 100% wrong - such as "'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' Ashanti Music Video?").

I pray for widescreen, but at this point I have not heard anything from anyone that makes me 100% sure that I know what there will be. Just wait. The truth will surface.