1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MuppetDanny, Jul 22, 2005.

1. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

I'd be willing to go with you, Greg. And I just thought of something: Disney is a sales-driven company. All corporations (not filmmakers, not musicians, but CEOs and corporations) want to make money. When Disney released MCC and MTI on DVD back in '02, there was a huge outcry that they were only released in P & S. As I understand it, not many people bought them due to the transfers. So, Disney has probably realized that if the discs are widescreen, the sales will go up. As a result of that, I'd be willing to bet cash money that the discs are wide.
  2. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

New Special Features News

from ultimatedisney.com
    :confused: <------ That's all I can say!
  3. anathema

anathema Active Member

Actually, that's promising. If they're adding new material to the MCC and MTI releases, then they aren't simply re-issuing the original discs, which increases the likelihood of the movies being re-transferred in widescreen.
  4. MuppetDanny

maybe, I still feel this will be a "cut and paste" job if you ask me. :concern:
  5. anathema

anathema Active Member

We shall see. If they do re-transfer MCC, let's hope they use a better print than the last time around - that one was 'orrible!
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Intresting i got an email that said Widescreen
  7. Stulz

Stulz Member

Rights

Because HIT doesn't own the rights to use Kermit since Disney owns him now.

As such he has been totally cut out of the special. There is a thread somwhere on here that will teach you more about it.
  8. Stulz

Stulz Member

Sorry man, but Brain Henson does not work for Disney and has NO say in how the movies will be released.

If these release turn out to be fullscreen, save you money and hold out to see how Disney releases these film in other regions. (the last time Disney Released MTI is was fullscreen -region 1 and widescreen everywhere else)

Then get yourself a region free dvd player.
  9. MuppetDanny

Dvdtimes.co.uk has reported the news :
    It's getting worse!, less special features on the newer ones than on the previous DVD prints :grouchy: . Usually DVDtimes are correct :(
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

I Got this Response to my Email

COMPLETELY CLUELESS
  11. That Announcer

Mark my words. These so-called "special" editions of these movies will not sell. They aren't even special. They are chopped films with lousy special features that I personally hope nobody buys.

Disney, haven't you learned your lesson yet? The last time you tried to release MCC and MTI in pan-and-scan only, they barely sold and hundreds (if not thousands) expressed their disapproval, including Brian Henson himself! That's right! The very man who directed the films did not want pan-and-scan only releases, and yet, you put them out! And not only did you put them out once, you're about to do it again. Who do you expect to buy these? Copies of the Tri-Star TMM and GMC releases are not that hard to find.

The most insulting part of it all: we know you have the widescreen transfers at least for MCC and MTI, and almost certainly TMM and GMC. You've released MTI in widescreen everywhere but here, and MCC in widescreen at least in South America. Why bother releasing cropped films when so many people will not buy them? Why go against the director's wishes (as directly conveyed to you)? Why chop a film? Why would you go against what has been clearly shown to give you more sales? Why would you do this? WHY? WHY? WHY?

Yes, I have said before that it wasn't that big a deal. I was wrong. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm going to see if I can get John L. Berger (proprietor of www.widescreen.org) to come on over here. Think I'll mosey on over to his website and celebrate the news.
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I fully agree with all you just said, TA, but don't jump on the bandwagon just yet. Nothing has been confirmed. (Wait till you hear it from the source first.)
    However, do feel free to run over to that site and rant to them about it. People should know and care about this. I won't be buying them if they're not available in widescreen, it just ruins it.
  13. That Announcer

I'd suggest you swing by and send John a message as well. He's at john@widescreen.org. Anybody else who's angry, drop him a line, and make sure to bombard Disney as well.

And I could personally care less if it hasn't been confirmed yet. If it has been confirmed, E-mails to Disney will tell them to change it; if it hasn't, we can tell 'em not to do that again. :mad:
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Huh, you make a solid point when you're bound and determined.
    Especially since it's pretty much more of a hassle to turn a muppet movie into fullscreen, since you get arm socks, boom mikes, and everything else in the way. **growls**.

edit: grawrck, typo
  15. MuppetDanny

16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It is better than nothing.
  17. anathema

anathema Active Member

Play are now listing up UK releases of all four movies for November.
  18. MuppetDanny

No "Muppets Wizard of OZ"! :smirk: Could it be the film will be shown on television around that time?
  19. That Announcer

Not really. We fought for widescreen, we should fight for this too.
  20. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

There is really no point in getting the GMC or TMM special editions if you own the original dvds. the only real new content is some new behind the scenes look and some interviews with Pepe for some reason.