Special Features on the Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD

Jonathan

Reaction score
Just in time for the holiday buying season comes A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie on October 7th. This special edition features a 4:3 full screen transfer, English, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks, deleted scenes, the "Inside Pepe's Studio" featurette, a blooper reel and Muppet character bios. Retail is $19.95.

GPrime1

Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder if this means we'll see some Electric Mayhem action...

Luke

Reaction score
4:3 ? Wasn't it shot in widescreen ?

King Prawn

Reaction score
okay first of all a big OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! for the Deleated Scene's, the only one we know of is The Electric Mayhem one right? and the Inside Pepe's Studio sounds intresting although I believe Pepe is starting to get elmofied I still like him although since they have a voice for Scooter (Brian Henson) and he does speak in the movie they could have named it Inside Scooter's Studio... who am I kidding I love the classics but Inside Pepe's Studio sounds like so much fun, I can't wait for this.

Inside :rolleyes: Studio!!!!!

Luke

Reaction score
There was an hour of stuff cut from the movie so deleted scenes doesn't really mean the EM thing at all - in fact i think you have no chance of that one as they won't want to put Snoop onto the DVD !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Who knows? I wouldn't count that out. As long as he's not featured on the box, I don't think there will be any protests.

It is disheartening that they didn't use the widescreen transfer (as originally shot) but we can't have everything and it was designed to be cropped. It would still have been nice to see the action around the edges.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Luke said:
There was an hour of stuff cut from the movie so deleted scenes doesn't really mean the EM thing at all - in fact i think you have no chance of that one as they won't want to put Snoop onto the DVD !
I thought there was only a half hour cut from it. Still, it isn't likely they'll include ALL the deleted scenes. There was something like 45 minutes cut from Star Trek: Nemesis, and there's only about 15-20 minutes included on the DVD. Which, really sucks, but, that's the way it goes.

I hope they include all the scenes on the DVD. I don't care that Snoop Dogg's in it! What could he have possibly said on there that was as offensive as anything else he's said? Besides, the scene didn't really get cut for content, did it? It got cut because of what Snoop was doing outside the film, right?

I heard Snoop Dogg had said that the script was "real tight" and that's why he wanted to do it. You think he's among us Muppet fans? :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Who knows? I wouldn't count that out. As long as he's not featured on the box, I don't think there will be any protest.
No, i'm talking contractual/financial reasons - he still got paid for the initial shoot but there are things Henson probably did to water down the deal he got to save money once they made the decision not to use him. I'd think on that basis they couldn't use his deleted scenes commercially.

SuperScoot :- The movie was cut for time and content, not just the Snoop thing. Snoop was never gonna be in there for 45 minutes or however long it was. I think there was some heavy discussion between Henson and NBC as to what the run time of the movie would be and what the proportion of actual Muppet time Vs NBC cameo time would be. I can't be sure but i think NBC wanted to drag it out and Henson wanted it shorter and tighter but then they got paid $10 million to not just make the movie but to use the Muppets to plug the NBC network talent so if you take the pay day you have to make the compromises which is the real reason why a lot of the Muppet stuff ended up on the floor and they didn't tighten things like the Whoopie scenes which badly needed it. The excuse for cutting Snoop out was convientiently put upon the run time of the movie as if it was too long but it's pretty standard for them to shoot much more and then cut a lot - it's just you never usually hear about it and if the Snoop mess hadn't of needed to be sorted out you never would have. Henson had this alien situation of Snoop going around publicising himself being in the movie much more than i think they would have liked at the time so he became a pain in the butt to them and when everthing got dragged up about him in the press they found themselves in a sticky situation of the press office needing to find a way of limiting the damage that was being caused and i would guess NBC weren't too happy at what he was upto either with $10 Million at stake. Whew long answer !

Beauregard

Reaction score
I still don't know if I want to see this. Am I going to be VERY disapointed at my best friends the Muppets? Is it meant to be canon or a movie?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
:excited: I'am just happy to see it released on DVD with extra features.
And just to see Scooter and Janice back in action, that's something I will look forward to.

Of course it would be great to see all the deletet scenes but, I doubt that they will be on it.
And a muppet blopper real are always great to see.

So now I got to figure out how to afford this and the other 2 DVDs (Rocky mountain & Storryteller). So many DVDs to buy, not so much money to do it with.......hmmm wonder how the security are at my loacle bank :wink: :wink: