Special Features on the Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I still don't know if I want to see this. Am I going to be VERY disapointed at my best friends the Muppets? Is it meant to be canon or a movie?
I think a little of both, sort of the "approximately how it happened" thing. Whoopi as God? Nah, can't be canon. :wink: The whole 'alternate universe' thing would tell us that it's the 'movie' thing, but the fact of them all at the Muppet Theater, and the part of the bank foreclosing on the theater and etc...yeah, I think that part could be canon.

My question is that after all the tv shows, the merchandise, the movies, and all that--you'd think JHC would front the money to Kermit and Company long ago to purchase the Muppet Theater, huh? :smirk:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I still don't know if I want to see this. Am I going to be VERY disapointed at my best friends the Muppets? Is it meant to be canon or a movie?
Well, according to Foz's answer, the things you have mentioned to be offensive to you take place in the scenes that are not canon. The alternate universe scenes. But, ultimately, it's your decission whether you want to see it or not.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I suggest seeing it. It was a very good film. See if you can rent it first if you haven't seen it yet and don't know if you want to buy it or not. Whoopi as God isn't a BAD thing, she's just a non-chalant god; not necessarily THE God. Maybe one of the 'pre-chosen forms.'

Yeah, a Ghostbusters' quote there... :concern:

radionate

Reaction score
So is this available from NBC online only? Or will it also be carried in retail stores? :confused:

towels

Reaction score
Why would a made-for-TV movie be shot in widescreen?
:confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's irritating that they ruin films when they put them on TV. They should have offered it in widescreen!! Heck, it's a DVD, they could put BOTH versions on there.

radionate

Reaction score
towels said:

You'd be surprised. Obviously you haven't heard of HDTV yet. You soon will in a few more years.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
My question is that after all the tv shows, the merchandise, the movies, and all that--you'd think JHC would front the money to Kermit and Company long ago to purchase the Muppet Theater, huh? :smirk:
Good point - but then again, if they'd done that then Henson wouldn't have had all that fun giving EMTV the run around would they ?

:smirk:

somethingofafan

Reaction score
towels said:
While standard analog TVs have a 4:3 ratio, the newer digital models (made for picking up digital signals) have a 16:9 screen ratio.