1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Special Preview of The Muppets 2015 TV Show

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Teheheman, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

This wasn't a pilot though. It was a pitch presentation. Like the one Jim did for TMS. That wasn't meant to be seen publicly; this is the same way.

2. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

others In the Forum said it was a Pilot so I just Assumed It was? I would say all the Shots in the Trailer are from the Pilot that will air this September!

3. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

Watch the Comic-Con panel. They specifically say that this will not air on TV. It is also much shorter than a full pilot, so it would not work as an episode. It was shot as a proof-of-concept and was not intended to be an episode in the show, but was meant to set up the type of show that would follow. In the words of Bill Prady:
    "It isn't the show. It is the thing we shot in order to convince ABC to do the show."

dwayne1115 likes this.
  4. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Some pilots do not get aired and are changed and/or re-filmed.

5. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

well Obviously with Disney unveiling this short 10 minute Pilot I was wrong my bad, I am sorry my Muppet Friends but I loved what I saw even though we saw most of the footage in the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!

just in case you guys have not seen the Pilot test footage,

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

To be honest, what constitutes as a pilot and what constitutes as a pitch are confusing. To me, this was more than a pitch, but not quite a pilot. Pitchilot?!

7. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

if we're not supposed to see it why does a lot of it show up in the commercials and the trailer? are they going to use some of it but not all?

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Because they need footage of the show to advertise the show. And that's the only source.

9. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

ah that makes sense