Speculation: CW interested in Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's no doubt we'll have a follow up movie. The Muppets was very low budget, and I'm wondering exactly how much of that budget was rebuilding certain Muppets. Considering how bad the investment in John Carter was (due to their clumsy handling of the marketing), I'd tend to think they'd gravitate towards making another Muppet film. 50 Million is an easy investment to make back.

As long as that other movie in that article doesn't get in the way.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Put it this way I firmly believe we'll be getting a new Muppet movie over CW promising a Christmas special. I will be really surprised if a new special is coming. You notice he didn't even say "new" Muppets Christmas special he just promised more Muppets for the holidays. I think their just gonna air a rerun myself.

I just find it hard to believe if there was gonna be a new Christmas special something would've been leaked earlier.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I'm happy about it and yet I'm sad too. Wish it was on a network I actually watch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Put it this way I firmly believe we'll be getting a new Muppet movie over CW promising a Christmas special. I will be really surprised if a new special is coming. You notice he didn't even say "new" Muppets Christmas special he just promised more Muppets for the holidays. I think their just gonna air a rerun myself.
I don't see them airing VMX unless all they gut out all the references to NBC (which is going to lead to jarring cuts), and Muppet Family Christmas seems like a pipe dream. If they're willing to run a movie, I guess MCC would be the most likely.

It doesn't necessarily say that there's going to be a new special, but it doesn't say that it won't either. I could see them rushing out and getting one together before shooting the film (that seems a ways off).

Still, it really should be on ABC. But I guess Wipeout is more important. Or some drama show that will last 3 episodes.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Out of ALL of them I'd love for them to air MFC. As for the next new film itself I expect sometime next year we'll hear more news.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Air ALL of them, for pete's sake!
(not like it makes any difference to me, as we don't have the channel)

Drtooth

Reaction score
MFC would probably never hit current television. It's (by the unfortunate standards of mainstream television) very dated looking, if the music wasn't already a problem they'd still have to edit this thing down to the nub to fit all those commercials (as we have far more now than ever before... look how many breaks LTS had, and almost every 2 minutes too), and the ambiguity of Disney really owning it or not, but they probably still having to clear character rights. To say nothing of digitally restoring and remastering the special. That can't be a cheap or quick process (not to mention they're going to have to cheat letterbox for widescreen TV's).

Unless, and bare with me here, they don't so much go with Disney's Muppets, and go with something like Elmo's Christmas Countdown.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MFC would probably never hit current television. It's (by the unfortunate standards of mainstream television) very dated looking.
Are you kidding right now? Its actually in quite good condition, and besides, don't tv-channels often air old movies and the like (Its a Wonderful Life, for example!) For me, you simply cannot beat the pure JOY of the opening number from that movie.

But I think airing it would be too confusing with all the different properties involved.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Exactly my point! They show "Its a Wonderful Life" and the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story! So why shouldn't MFC not be shown?!