Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hate to double post, but.

I don't know if I even said this or not (I might have), but I'd love for them to re-make some classic songs as inserts for this season. I'd love a new version of "C is for Cookie" or "I Love Trash." They've done so many references to the former in the past couple of years, yet the song hasn't actually been sung on the show season 35 (pretty sure).

It's about time they started doing more classic stuff again.

cjd874

Reaction score
It's about time they started doing more classic stuff again.
Yeah, I agree. If Eric Jacobson comes to perform Grover and Bert, they could potentially remake a lot of classic songs like "Still We Like Each Other" or "Doin' the Pigeon." Same with Matt Vogel, who wowed us all with his Count von Count vocals in that "1 Billion Views in YouTube" song. Because Jerry Nelson was such a great singer, there was a wealth of material written for him to perform as the Count, and Matt would have no trouble picking up the torch that Jerry used to hold. But then again, it all depends on performer availability and an actual need for song remakes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hate to double post, but.

I don't know if I even said this or not (I might have), but I'd love for them to re-make some classic songs as inserts for this season. I'd love a new version of "C is for Cookie" or "I Love Trash." They've done so many references to the former in the past couple of years, yet the song hasn't actually been sung on the show season 35 (pretty sure).
That sounds like a great idea. I get that there are fans that are passionately against remakes... but songs like these are staples to the series, and they've been remaking skits for years.

What I'd also like to see is more celebrities, instead of singing parodies of their own songs, doing covers of classic Sesame tunes. Even if just for a soundtrack like "For the Children" or "Elmopalooza."

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with refilming these classic bits. If they did, I wonder if they'd take the approach of rerecording the songs or just having the current puppets mime the originals (like the Rubber Duckie and La La La La segments they did a decade ago).

The Herculean task would be to get Disney to let them make a new Kermit the Frog rendition of Bein' Green. But other than that, I'd LOVE to see an updated "Doin' the Pigeon."

cindysuke

Reaction score
The Count's songs and skits remakes would be wonderful. Although I miss Jerry Nelson a lot, I am looking forward to Matt's future performances. He's gonna be a great count, I have no doubt.
The Herculean task would be to get Disney to let them make a new Kermit the Frog rendition of Bein' Green. But other than that, I'd LOVE to see an updated "Doin' the Pigeon."
A new "Doin' the Pigeon?" Now that's what I want to see RIGHT NOW!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nooo. A new "Doin' the Pigeon" would undoubtedly be done with chromakey or CGI.

cindysuke

Reaction score
Nooo. A new "Doin' the Pigeon" would undoubtedly be done with chromakey or CGI.
Yeah... They would, I know that... but still I want to see that. Chromakey or bunraku, that will be a Bert with his hat and pigeon love. If they can make that song crazier with CGI, then it will be tolerable... I think.

DTF

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they?
I don't recall the original version, but looking at the original lyrics, the only thing I wonder is if they'd worry in this age of recycling everything that they'd want to focus on t6hings being reused.

However, that could actually make a very funny street story and they could start witht he song anyway. Then some celebrity plays a recycling expert who wants to venture inside Oscar's can, Oscar's reaction would be really funny. ("If you think I'm going to sell my can and move into a recycling bin, you're nuts!") And then in the end he finds stuff that can be thrown away so he's happy.

But, that just shows how we viewers sometimes have funnier ideas for street stories than the writers - although admittedly their stories have *really* improved int he last few years.