Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Well something that might be more cost effective for the Workshop, and customers, would be a DVD, that showcased a Muppet Something like 45 Years of Big Bird, or 45 years of Ernie and Bert. Now granted a lot of the Muppets did not start out on the first season. but what they could do is just take the year that they first arrived on the street and go from there.
How about a collection of memorable street stories from Seasons 1 - Now

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sure that might work as well!

Another thing that I would love to see released would be Jon Stone memoir. They talk about that book a lot in Street Gang. I think that would be a wonderful book to read about the history of the show.

I would also love to see Frank Oz, and Carroll Spinney(The two remaining core Muppeters from season one) Have a chance to share all there thoughts about the show, Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Nelson, and so many other things about the show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But, with the digital albums, do you mean the collections or the mp3 albums of the old LPs

I mean Sesame Street albums that Sesame Workshop has been putting on iTunes only, which don't have physical copies. I'm okay with existing physical albums being available in digital form on iTunes. But if there's no co-existing physical release and all/most of the contents can be downloaded on other existing albums, what's the point?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How about a collection of memorable street stories from Seasons 1 - Now

This might be the wrong place to put this, but I wonder if Sesame Workshop should put out some DVDs, for the anniversary or otherwise, of pre-season 33 street stories. A few street stories from seasons 30-32 have been included on DVD, but I'd like to at least see some DVDs with street stories from the "Around the Corner" era. It could also be cool if they could put out DVDs of street stories from 1984-1993, and of course I'd really much prefer DVDs with street stories from the first 15 years.

Most DVDs with street stories have three street stories (sometimes more, if there's a bonus street story). The recent Being Brave and upcoming Fairytale Fun DVDs have four street stories instead of three. Of course, if they just take street scenes from before season 32, the length would be different on the various episodes, but I could see a release of three or four older street stories.

But one thing I'm thinking is also put in inserts during some of the story. Maybe have all the street stories be about different things, but before the street stories announce some kind of theme, and at a few points have the stories interrupted with related inserts, whether they were part of the hour-long episodes or not.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently a new thread has been started about breaking down the timeline of Sesame Street, referring to periods as "The Gold Era", "The Silver Era", "The Bronze Era", "The Copper Era", and then "What Comes After Copper" (in multiple parts). And I thought it would be cool to do a series of DVDs like that, though I don't know if Sesame Workshop could realistically market those with those kinds of titles.

But I thought each release could have multiple inserts and clips from street stories, and at times a clip or still montage could be shown over narration talking about the various changes and additions to the show.

Here is how I broke down the eras:
  • The Gold - 1969-1984 (broken down into four parts: Part 1 is 1969-1970, part 2 1970-1974, part 3 1974-1979, and part 4 1979-1980)
  • The Silver - 1984-1993
  • The Bronze - 1993-1998
  • The Copper - 1998-2001
  • What Comes After Copper: Part 1 - 2002-2007
  • What Comes After Copper: Part 2 (The HD Era) - 2008-Present

The Gold could be a two-disc set, but all the others could just be one disc. I'm not going to put in my ideal rundown of each fantasy release, but I will list what I would do for "The Gold", listing what sketches and putting in where I would put in narration explaining changes or different things. As I broke The Gold era into four parts, I would have each disc broken into two parts.

Sesame Street: Gold Era
Disc 1: 1969-1974
Part 1: 1969-1970
  • Opening narration talking about the first season.
  • Opening scene from episode 1
  • The original first season version of "Rubber Duckie" (not the season two version that's often incorrectly cited as a season one segment)
  • Wanda the Witch
  • The original "Near and Far" with Grover
  • Oscar says the alphabet to Bob
  • Buddy and Jim: Window Frame
  • Henson #9
  • Kermit and Professor Hastings show parts of the body
  • James Earl Jones: Alphabet
  • The People in Your Neighborhood (postman and fireman)
  • Jazz #8
  • Bert and Ernie: Sandbox Game
  • Batman: Dirty Windows
  • Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (probably wouldn't appear, but this is my wishlist)

Part 2: 1970-1974

• [*]Opening narration talking about some of the shows changes and additions of many new characters.
  • Everyone Makes Mistakes
  • J Friends
  • Harvey Kneeslapper: I
  • I in the Sky
  • Eleven Cheer
    [*]Narration of various recurring segments from the early years.
  • Kermit News: The Count counts Three Little Pigs and Seven Dwarves
  • Grover's Restaurant: Bacon and Eggs
  • Super-Grover: Telephone
  • Roosevelt Franklin tells the story of Morty Moot Mope
  • The Geefle and the Gonk
  • The Trading Game
  • Lena Horne: Bein' Green
    [*]Narration explaining the introduction of new characters Luis, Maria, David, and Linda.
  • Luis: Agua
  • anything with David
  • Maria subtracts chairs
  • scenes from Linda's first appearance
    [*]Narration acknowledging the short-lived human characters Tom, Rafael, and Molly, with one full clip per character.
    [*]Narration explaining that in addition to the Muppets and human cast, the early years featured comedy duos as well (acknowledging Buddy and Jim who were already shown under "Part 1").
  • Any Larry and Phyllis segment (except their first appearance, which has been released on DVD)
  • Any Wally and Ralph segment.
  • Mad Painter #7
  • The Alligator King
  • Bert and Ernie: Fish in the Cowboy Hat
  • The Song of the Count
  • Simon Soundman buys a saw
  • anything with Sam the Robot
  • Kermit, Shola, and Fanny: Next To
  • Somebody Come and Play
  • Sad
  • Nobody with Mr. Snuffleupagus
  • Candy Man
  • Herbert Birdsfoot tests Cookie Monster
  • Cavemen invent paper
  • Prairie Dawn Adds Monsters
  • The Amazing Mumford: Levitation
  • Sing with Bob and Luis
  • Lost Boy and Yo-Yo Man
  • The Scale Salesman
  • A Flower Grows

Disc 2: 1974-1984
Part 3: 1974-1979
[*]Opening narration for this era.
[*]What's the Name of That Song?
[*]Typewriter: O-owl
[*]Kermit and Grover: Earmuffs Salesman
[*]The cast sings "Surprise!"
[*]Narration talking about the trip to New Mexico in season 7, with a few full clips from those episodes (I think maybe the scene with Oscar in the oven and either Big Bird calling Snuffy or his song about missing Snuffy).
[*]Narration about the Hawaii episodes, with a few full clips, I think maybe the ones where the cast observes fruit and clips from Big Bird and Snuffy's quest to find Mt. Snuffleupagus.
[*]Narration talking about Richard Hunt becoming more prominent as a performer, acknowledging his characters Sully, Don Music, Gladys the Cow, and The Two-Headed Monster.
[*]Judy Collins: Yes and No Song
[*]Don Music: Row Your Boat
[*]Buffy: I'm Gonna Be a Country Girl
[*]Olivia reads "The Two-Headed Monster"
[*]Oscar jogs in Central Park
[*]Bert and Ernie Meet the Martians
[*]Grover Serves a Burger
[*]This Frog
[*]Milk Song
[*]I'm Square
[*]Different People, Different Ways
[*]Cracks in the walls (though this one might be better off as a bonus feature)
[*]Barkley gets his name
[*]Billy Jo Jive chases Bad News Barton
[*]Roosevelt Franklin and friends recite poems about trying
[*]I Can't Help It
[*]Ringmaster #3
[*]Marshall Grover: Milk
[*]Breakfast Time
[*]Narration talking about the introduction of Telly Monster, with scenes from his first appearance. Or perhaps a different Telly appearance, if there were any others in season 10.
[*]Super-Grover: Broken Bag
[*]Fireworks Alphabet
[*]Counting is Wonderful[/LIST]

Part 4: 1979-1984
[*]Narration talking about the next five seasons, with special mention of many new Muppets, including Telly (in his new personality), Dr. Nobel Price, Forgetful Jones, Deena and Pearl, The Honkers, Leslie Mostly, and Aristotle.
[*]Kermit and Telly: Headwarmer Salesman
[*]Dr. Nobel Price: Umbrella
[*]any Forgetful Jones segment where he was performed by Michael Earl (except the tooth brushing one, since that's on DVD)
[*]any Deena and Pearl segment
[*]The Count counts honks
[*]any Leslie Mostly segment
[*]Aristotle makes lunch
[*]Narration explaining the season 11 trip to Puerto Rico, with a few full clips, including the sequence where everybdy surprises Maria and a couple of clips from the other episodes, clips I can't mention because I don't know what happens in the other episodes.
[*]Home Run on the Range
[*]Kermit News: Santa Claus
[*]Bert and Ernie search for Dr. Livingstone
[*]any segment featuring Bruno
[*]Monsterpiece Theater: Upstairs, Downstairs
[*]Grover the Messenger
[*]Big Bird crosses the street
[*]James Taylor: That Grouchy Face
[*]Any Snuffy appearance where he's performed by Michael Earl
[*]Narration about the Camp Echo Rock episodes, with a few full clips: The bus ride, Big Bird playing baseball, and Big Bird swimming.
[*]Big Bird and Snuffy write a story
[*]That's Love
[*]Itzhak Pearlman: Easy and Hard
[*]Captain Breakfast
[*]Triangles at the museum
[*]Teeny Little Super Guy: Crossing the Street
[*]Narration explaining the death of Will Lee, followed by the clip where the adults explain Mr. Hooper's death to Big Bird (though it would be a sad way of ending the release).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It doesn't appear to be working, but I see from the preview the curtains in the windows of Elmo's brownstone look much brighter and colorful.

It seemed like, based on the pattern they've gotten themselves into, that they were overdue for more noticable changes to the set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems they´ve painted the Charlie´s Autorepair door in red for season 45...

It's actually called Charlie's Auto Repair? I had no idea. I wonder if this is the same Charlie that Grover works for.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think I can also make out a mural on the side of 123 as well in that video.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How does the video even play? I'm gettin' bupkus.