1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Speculations for ABC's The Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Janice+Floyd<3, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Well-Known Member

Ahaha! Yes omg from what I heard from tough pigs the episodes so far are amazing!! And Zoot has got some funny lines

dwayne1115 likes this.
  2. beakyscience

beakyscience New Member

i really want them to give Zoot and Lips more lines and screen time

3. Janice+Floyd<3

So guys according to entertainment weekly I think Sam is going to have a crush on Janice. Believe it? what are your thoughts? Do you think Floyd and Janice are still together?

4. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

If I were you I would edit that post to add the spoiler tags just because some people might not want to know about that plot point.

But we can discuss it in the Muppets SPOILER thread! http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/the-muppets-spoiler-thread.59795/

5. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

I like that the Muppets will be on TV again. And I hope it's true to the characters, and it wins me over as a fan.

However, though I am happy for Dave, Steve, and the others to be back in action on TV, the previews I've seen and articles I've read sure seem like the writers are changing them, and deciding to make them (so called) "edgy" which, let's face it, usually just means crass, (and dumbed down) as opposed to the adult things that were included intelligently in The Muppet Show, which the whole family could watch it together.

And this is before I even mention that we know it's like The Office (Spoof? Both are comedies) instead of the Muppets being the Muppets. And the name of the show? As bland as the 2011 film's name. It's a shame. Hey, it may last many seasons (it sounds like a show that would be popular today - with the Muppets shoehorned into it) but I just hope somehow the Muppets can still be the Muppets in this thing.

A quote about this show I read in a magazine tries to convince the reader that this is the real them, and all we've seen prior was just acting, and that those were just paychecks to the characters, and that this show reveals the real them. Well, this reader isn't buying it. The Muppet Show had behind the scenes moments to show the real them. And Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson, and Frank Oz, were there. All the stuff they were involved in (together with Dave and Steve and the others) is the real thing. Case closed.

I didn't see this new show yet, as it starts tomorrow. That means, as of this moment, the only show, special or movie starring The Muppets that I haven't been so thrilled with is the 2011 self titled film - but even that had it's moments. And I think Muppets Most Wanted is a true return to form! I love it! But this new self titled show seems like it may not be something Jerry Juhl and other classic Muppet writers would appreciate (though I know I can't speak for anyone, whether they are still with us or not). I'm afraid this show won't be inspired by Jerry's vision of a Muppets script. :(

But (as stated at the top of this post) I hope I will eat my words, and love this new show. And I hope all fans of the classic era(s) do too. We shall see.

Janice+Floyd<3 likes this.
  6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

What Muppet Prime time TV series am I missing to make "The Muppets" the forth? "The Muppet Show", "Muppets Tonight", .......?
    Could it be "Le Muppets" or "Jim Henson Hour" ?

7. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Jobi, they still can rebuild Zelda Rose.

jobi71 likes this.
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It's the Jim Henson Hour. :electric:

The Count and muppetperson like this.
  9. Jake Thompson

Jake Thompson New Member

I hope they bring back :fanatic: and :oops: Also I would like to see more of :grr: and :hungry:.

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this has been said yet, but I find it kind of odd that EVERY episode contains a subplot revolving around Fozzie. First, he and his girlfriend. Second, he and Jay Leno. Third, him leaving the show to become a writer. Fourth, we have him and Statler. Next week, he and his girlfriend hit a rough patch. I have nothing against it, but it just seems that a majority of the time, Fozzie is away from the core cast and doing something that requires a second storyline. Just odd, in my opinion.

11. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who hopes Walter doesn't come back in this new show? I don't really like Walter and I feel that he doesn't really deserve to be in the main cast of characters that have known each other for 40+ years. I know he did save the Muppet theater (kind of) but in MMW we find out that was just a movie so Walter in reality really didn't do anything to deserve being part of the main cast.

cahuenga likes this.
  12. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Walter, he's an OK character, but I do kinda feel bad for Peter Linz.

Muppy likes this.
  13. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Same with me. Unfortunately there's really no other character for Peter to puppeteer besides minor background characters.

14. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I noticed that in last night's episode. I don't know with so many Muppet couples being broken up on this series, it wouldn't surprise me to find that :sing: and :flirt: are no longer together either. You never know.

15. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing about Janice & Floyd! (I guess they aren't so tight anymore!)

16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Guys... Nothing yet's been shown to have broken :flirt: and :sing:, just some one-sided attractions to Janice by :attitude:.

17. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

But Janice has been flirting with a few of the male guest stars (Ed Helms and Nick Offerman). You could be right and she may still be in love with Floyd, but when I see Janice flirting with other people, it makes me wonder what happened between her and Floyd.

18. Janice+Floyd<3

That's true ill tweet Bobby on Twitter since this was his idea to break up some couples so far the evidence I have is when I tweeted I'd be sad if they weren't together anymore and he faved might be a good sign

Janice is just a flirt in general with everyone guys and girls even. I always see her and Floyd as the type to have an open relationship whilst flirting with others tho look at Them in the Melissa Manchester episode (back when they were known as official couple) Floyd's flirting with Melissa and Janice flirts with gonzo and kisses him on the cheek during 'whenever I call you friend'

19. PuppetMad

PuppetMad Member

I have no idea where to post this, so please fell free to whack me or just move it. This new show wants us to believe that the Muppets are just normal actors and they are doing their job when they are in shows and movies, I cant remember where i heard it but i think Kermit said 'we made a few movies' or something like that. My question is if the muppets are just actors, where does that leave the Muppet movie, was it a film about how they all met or was it just a film they were in, if thats the case how did they really meet. Am i over thinking things?

20. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

At the beginning of TMM, the Muppets are watching the movie which they just made. Not trying to be mean, but (in the movie) they literally explained that it was just a movie they made. A lot of times.