1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Speculations for ABC's The Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Janice+Floyd<3, Jul 27, 2015.

1. PuppetMad

PuppetMad Member

Yeah but that's the point, if it was just a movie and not a real origin story, what is the real back story?

2. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Oh :p Kermit said it was kind of how it happened, so the real backstory is probably similar.

3. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

4. LaRanaRene

Drtooth likes this.
  5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

If the ratings sink more they might renew it for a season 2 on Fridays probably, hopefully this episode the ratings go up to like a 1.5 or at least not drop and stay the same, I hope it does not fall to lower ratings.

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

UGH! I do not want this thing to follow that unwatchable, yet constantly renewed "Last Man Standing." I'm trying not to keep my hopes low yet not aiming too far to disappointment level, but if this can just get a renew to second season, or at least somehow outnumber the episodes of the last TV show I'd say things would be fine.

Like most shows made in the past 10 years, they're trying to build up to something, and if they go too fast, there's a lack of material, if they go too slow, the audience won't care because they know things won't be resolved. I mean, look at Mike and Molly. They married them off too fast, and then the show's popularity petered out too quickly. It's on the prohibition of midseason replacement renewal, and I doubt the show's going to have another season beyond that. The Muppets seem to walk a line between continuity and episodic, and we're only 4 eps in. Seems at least Fozzie's relationship gets a continuity nod next episode.

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

Oh, I know they have the technology, but I am guessing she is not at the top of the "To Do" list.

8. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

He also played Droop in the behind the scenes features on The Muppets DVD. He would fit in easily. Or perhaps there is a new character to come that he will be responsible for.

9. LaRanaRene

Linz was asked when Walter will return in a Facebook comment and he said "Eventually".

Duke Remington and Pig's Laundry like this.
  10. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

It would be better than nothing, and with it going against the World Series tonight, ratings might be hard to look, hopefully not though, and it rebounds from the previous low rated episode, but I do not want to be too optimistic right now.

11. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the presence of the World Series this week (and possibly next week for a Game 6) would almost make the ratings "not count" in terms of staying on the air. It's not the Super Bowl, but it's an event and that has to skew the ratings lower for all the network shows.

12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I don't know. It is pretty easy to watch both since "The Muppets" is only on for a half hour. So I've been switching back and forth as well.

13. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

15. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Apparently episode #7 is titled: Pigs in a Blackout.

The fact that there is the plural of 'Pigs' makes me think that perhaps Piggy and Denise are going to have some sort of interaction.

16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yes! It looks like we are finally going to see more of the Kermit Piggy Denise story line. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

17. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

The Muppets is one of the top trending topics on Facebook for being renewed for another season.
    [​IMG]