1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Speedy Gonzalas Back On TV?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by radionate, Jul 22, 2002.

1. radionate New Member

Ok, I know it isn't a good source, but in today's Baldo comic strip, it said that Speedy cartoons would once again be shown on cable networks. Is this true? I know we had a big thread about this over at the old board, and I wondered if anyone had heard about this? Could the petition have worked?!?!?!?!?!
  2. grail New Member

3. radionate New Member

Everyone needs to watch and send a letter to Cartoon Network to support this decision! What great news!
  4. Yes, down with PC! :D
  5. radionate New Member

Is it PC now to be anti-PC? :confused:
  6. If you mean "pretty cool", yeah. ;)
  7. radionate New Member

I'm always cool. Feel that chill when I walk into a room?
  8. Yep. Goes right up my spine.

:D
  9. radionate New Member

No no, be nice! :mad:
  10. Ernie101 Active Member

yup it is true
  11. Gonzo Active Member

I was wondering about this--I was in the store the other day and saw a Speedy Gonzales PEZ Dispenser. Is that a new one?
  12. radionate New Member

I think the Speedy Pez has been out for awhile. There have been a few Speedy dispensers out over the years.
  13. Gonzo Active Member

I kinda assumed so, but it was new to me....of course, I've never been a PEZ guy. But I do like making out with them every once in a while.

PEZ, Pop Rocks....no wonder I'm holding on to that pregnancy weight.

Quinnnnnnn
  14. CaptCrouton New Member

This could lead to a very interesting topic.

Sometimes when you remove certain media, you are decried "censorship! censorship!"

But that same sort of censorship is permissible if it's PC.

Speedy Gonzalez is a great example as well as lots of cartoons that may or may not have racial implications. Is censorship only a case of which side of the political spectrum you are?

I mean, as a Christian, I laugh at the Hey-Diddly-Humor on the Simpsons aimed at people just like me. But certain racial and religious groups you could never pull that sort of stuff on with all the special interest groups out there. Why is that?
  15. Jackie New Member

I liked Slowpoke Gonzales :)
  16. Crazy Harry New Member

Slowpoke Rodriguez
  17. Jackie New Member

Yeah...that's what i said.

LOL!
  18. Crazy Harry New Member

19. Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah when I heard about Speedy's banning, I was outraged. I'm glad to hear he's back on TV, speeding all over Mexico much to Sylvester's dismay. :)

-Matt
  20. Jackie New Member

:(