Spelling right?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There was a question once on the old Forums about what Janice said and the spelling of Fozzie's fave word (other than HIYA). I was wrong about one, but (of course) right about the other.

The question was: Is Janice saying Rilly, Rully, Really, Rally, Rooly, or what; and is it spelled Wocka or Wokka when Fozzie says it?

Here's the response!
Love, FOZ
Subj: Re: Henson.com and other questions
Date: 4/16/2002 8:36:18 AM Central Daylight Time
To: Fozziemup@aol.com

Dear Kevin,

We'll pass your site comments on to the Ineractive gang here.
Janice spoke in "valleyspeak". "Rully" fits the bill.
"Wocka, Wocka" say we.

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

Luke

Reaction score
They'll pass your comments onto the interactive gang - why ? The only true authority's on this are Fozzie and Janice themselves ........ unless of course Fozzie and Janice (short of TV work) ARE the interactive gang !

Now that'd be pretty scary !

Jackie

Reaction score
Well Muppet fans, ie Byron and I have designated "rully" as "r*lly" to appease the rully's and rilly's !

:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LUKIE LUKIE LUKIE, here comes Cookie...

Originally posted by Luke
They'll pass your comments onto the interactive gang - why ? The only true authority's on this are Fozzie and Janice themselves ........ unless of course Fozzie and Janice (short of TV work) ARE the interactive gang !
Now that'd be pretty scary !
You're right! Sorry! I should have mentioned what they were talking about on "pass the site comments along." What that was about was my complaint that the newer version was taking too long to load on any computer I use, and that sometimes sections wouldn't play at all or something.

That's what it was. Fozzie and Janice aren't doing the site now, no way. Mr. Bimbo doesn't like typing!

Jackie--Now, you know it from the source: you can all replace the "*" with the "U" in "Rully."

Now, to find out how to spell pafalakalaafffalaka....etc.

FOZ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
palkafalbkalaf

parfumelakalach

pollywannacrakker

parlevoufrancais

I just can't seem to figure it out. Geez.

FOZ

Beauregard

Reaction score
Up next: What exactly does Wocka Wocka mean? Who originated it? And why? Is it just two sounds? Or from another language? Or...an aunt of Frank Oz's used to say it? Or *Beau voice* what?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HA HA! I forgot about this old thread!

I think "Wocka wocka" actually is a term created by Fozzie like how some older comedians make weird sounds like "Fwoop-plip-zzziiiipp!"

Mickey Rooney used to do that, Don Rickles, Buddy Hatchet...sound effects.

Also, not far from how Steve Martin used to do the whole, "Okay, alright! Alright! Yeah, okay! Awright!" thing when he would first come out for his monologue. I'm so glad he's gotten better since then.