1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Spelling right?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Fozzie Bear, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

There was a question once on the old Forums about what Janice said and the spelling of Fozzie's fave word (other than HIYA). I was wrong about one, but (of course) right about the other.

The question was: Is Janice saying Rilly, Rully, Really, Rally, Rooly, or what; and is it spelled Wocka or Wokka when Fozzie says it?

Here's the response!
    Love, FOZ
    Subj: Re: Henson.com and other questions
    Date: 4/16/2002 8:36:18 AM Central Daylight Time
    To: Fozziemup@aol.com

Dear Kevin,

We'll pass your site comments on to the Ineractive gang here.
    Janice spoke in "valleyspeak". "Rully" fits the bill.
    "Wocka, Wocka" say we.

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company
  2. Luke Active Member

They'll pass your comments onto the interactive gang - why ? The only true authority's on this are Fozzie and Janice themselves ........ unless of course Fozzie and Janice (short of TV work) ARE the interactive gang !

Now that'd be pretty scary !
  3. Jackie New Member

Well Muppet fans, ie Byron and I have designated "rully" as "r*lly" to appease the rully's and rilly's !

:)
  4. Fozzie Bear Moderator

LUKIE LUKIE LUKIE, here comes Cookie...

You're right! Sorry! I should have mentioned what they were talking about on "pass the site comments along." What that was about was my complaint that the newer version was taking too long to load on any computer I use, and that sometimes sections wouldn't play at all or something.

That's what it was. Fozzie and Janice aren't doing the site now, no way. Mr. Bimbo doesn't like typing!

Jackie--Now, you know it from the source: you can all replace the "*" with the "U" in "Rully."

Now, to find out how to spell pafalakalaafffalaka....etc.

FOZ
  5. Pschtyckque New Member

"Pachalafaka"

It's on the Muppet Hits Take 2 cd.
  6. Fozzie Bear Moderator

palkafalbkalaf

parfumelakalach

pollywannacrakker

parlevoufrancais

I just can't seem to figure it out. Geez.

FOZ
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Up next: What exactly does Wocka Wocka mean? Who originated it? And why? Is it just two sounds? Or from another language? Or...an aunt of Frank Oz's used to say it? Or *Beau voice* what?
  8. Fozzie Bear Moderator

HA HA! I forgot about this old thread!

I think "Wocka wocka" actually is a term created by Fozzie like how some older comedians make weird sounds like "Fwoop-plip-zzziiiipp!"

Mickey Rooney used to do that, Don Rickles, Buddy Hatchet...sound effects.

Also, not far from how Steve Martin used to do the whole, "Okay, alright! Alright! Yeah, okay! Awright!" thing when he would first come out for his monologue. I'm so glad he's gotten better since then.
  9. Ilikemuppets New Member

HA HA! that was Rully funny!
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

11. Pianodog New Member

I've actually seen it spelled "whacka whacka" somewhere, and that's not very nice now, is it :) ?

Pianodog.
  12. Fozzie Bear Moderator

"Whacka whacka" is what Fozzie Bear does with his rubber chicken against the backs of heads of famous children who sell their family's business out to a company which has no idea how to use the characters.

(Just kidding, of course--they're all nice folks. Met 'em, love 'em).