Spencer's Muppet Merchandise

dented

Reaction score
Went to the mall today. I hate Spencer's, but I went in because a hat caught my eye. I found the following:

plaid kermit straight billed hat
fuzzy kermit straight billed hat
kermit bedroom slippers
two different girls kermit long sox
kermit wallet on a chain
kermit fingerless gloves
kermit baby hat
two different kermit winter toboggan hats

some of these items were available in the Animal character as well.

Also, found a nice kermit t-shirt at J.C.Penny's.

This might make a nice Christmas gift for the muppet fans out there, but I would hesitate to take children into that store.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Its funny my mom just asked me if i liked that kermit hat they sell at spencers

Newbury comics has muppet and sesame street gloves as well as the silly bandz

dented

Reaction score
The plaid hat is freaking awesome. Unfortunately, straight billed hats look absolutely stupid on me.

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
They also have Kermit and Animal footie pj's for adults, a Fraggle Rock Snuggie, a Fraggle rock wall clock, and Fraggle Rock hats!

My best friend works at a Spencers! So I get first pick sometimes.. hahahahha!

beaker

Reaction score
Went to the mall today. I hate Spencer's, but I went in because a hat caught my eye. I found the following:

plaid kermit straight billed hat
fuzzy kermit straight billed hat
kermit bedroom slippers
two different girls kermit long sox
kermit wallet on a chain
kermit fingerless gloves
kermit baby hat
two different kermit winter toboggan hats

some of these items were available in the Animal character as well.

Also, found a nice kermit t-shirt at J.C.Penny's.

This might make a nice Christmas gift for the muppet fans out there, but I would hesitate to take children into that store.
They also have a Gobo and Red Fraggle beanie hat, and a ton of Sesame stuff(shirts, wallets, accessories, etc)

I am not too fond of Spencers either, simply for the focus on trashy culture, and an emphasis on Juggalo/MMA/pot culture and adult products. However I fully support any store prominently featuring products of the Muppets/Sesame/Fraggle Rock!

Drtooth

Reaction score
They also have Kermit and Animal footie pj's for adults, a Fraggle Rock Snuggie, a Fraggle rock wall clock, and Fraggle Rock hats!
You gotta love a store that sells that stuff in front and... well, I can't tell you what they have in back without being banned. :big_grin:

It's so great to see The Muppet Show, Sesame Street AND Fraggle Rock stuff all on sale under the same roof. Oddly, you can always find 2 of the three... Fraggle Rock manhattan plush and Sesame Street Gund Plush... Muppet T-Shirts and Sesame Street T-Shirts... but seeing ALL THREE licenses represented? That's so amazing I won't even question adult Feety P.J.s or Snuggies.

They also have some nice TMNT and Sonic stuff too. There's this one TMNT shirt that has an innuendo I can't even say here, but I find it fascinating as it was one of the last things licensed by 4Kids. And we all know about them, don't we?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Spencer's is a bizarre stuff. They have a lot of novelty/junk stuff, a lot of racy and "adult" stuff, and then you find fun/nostalgia type stuff like the Muppet items mentioned here (I gotta go get Kermit socks now)

I'm also a big Rocky Horror fan and in the past have gotten some cool Rocky Horror merchandise from Spencer's that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Drtooth There's this one TMNT shirt that has an innuendo I can't even say here, but I find it fascinating as it was one of the last things licensed by 4Kids. And we all know about them, don't we?
i know which one your talking about and it surprised me to see it too

but i have yet to see it in a kids size, and the turtle design is the older turtles im more surpised it Passed the peter laird(one of the creators) test at the time. the turtles were his babies

beaker

Reaction score
You gotta love a store that sells that stuff in front and... well, I can't tell you what they have in back without being banned. :big_grin:

It's so great to see The Muppet Show, Sesame Street AND Fraggle Rock stuff all on sale under the same roof. Oddly, you can always find 2 of the three... Fraggle Rock manhattan plush and Sesame Street Gund Plush... Muppet T-Shirts and Sesame Street T-Shirts... but seeing ALL THREE licenses represented? That's so amazing I won't even question adult Feety P.J.s or Snuggies.

They also have some nice TMNT and Sonic stuff too. There's this one TMNT shirt that has an innuendo I can't even say here, but I find it fascinating as it was one of the last things licensed by 4Kids. And we all know about them, don't we?
Actually, Spencer's began selling some of its most sexually graphic merchandise right in the front mixed in with the teen stuff sadly. One action figure disgracefully has our current President...well, I cant even say. But yeah Im far from some fuddy duddy conservative, but I just dont like a lot of the message of that store. But still, you're right...who else sells Fraggly stuff?

Though, I got you beat...Suncoast back in the early 2000's, Suncoast had all FOUR Henson franchises under one rood: Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock AND Bear in the Big Blue House. And its a crying shame not a thing has been done with the wonder BITBBH franchise since.

And I have nothing but love for 4Kids. to me they single handedly brought back the TMNT and Sonic franchise into the modern era animation and merchandise wise, as well as brought your personal beloved Muscle guys to the forefront. Albeit in endless reruns, they still show TMNT and Sonic X on regular non pay tv.