Spidey's New Look in the Third Movie

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I thought I'd share this picture with everyone. Note: this is not a black and white photo that someone (definitely not me) made out of a photoshop--this is an exclusive image, courtesy of Sony.

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

Personally, I think it's a cool image of him. But I can't help but feel that Sam Raimi is "jumping the shark" with the third movie.:smirk:

mjb1124

Reaction score
Maybe it's some kind of evil "Dark Spidey" :big_grin:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well, it got leaked that Topher Grace will be playing Venom (unless that and this pic which simply looks just to be a black & white photo were intentionally leaked to create speculation) so that would be consistent with the comic. The alien "suit" latched onto Peter before it decided it needed Eddie Brock's cancer to feed off of.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Well, it got leaked that Topher Grace will be playing Venom (unless that and this pic which simply looks just to be a black & white photo were intentionally leaked to create speculation) so that would be consistent with the comic. The alien "suit" latched onto Peter before it decided it needed Eddie Brock's cancer to feed off of.
I wish the people that are leaking this information are 100% certain that it's true. I've been hearing a possibility that the black suit is just signifying some kind of death (whose death is it? That's the big question). Frankly, I don't think I can stand a "Big Death" in a superhero tale after watching one of the characters in the 100th episode of Smallville pass on.

I've also been hearing that Topher Grace might be possibly playing Electro in SM3, which would make a lot more sense, since Maxwell Dillon has blonde hair in the comics, and Topher Grace is sporting a blonde look (along with Ron Howard's daughter, who's playing Gwen Stacy). Of course, like the Venom rumors, this rumor is 50% uncertain.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I thought Gwen Stacy was the one who died at the hands of the first Green Goblin, but I was wrong...

BJ

G-MAN

Reaction score
No, you're right, in the comics The Green Goblin had Gwen Stacy tied up on the George Washington Bridge, and when Spidey came to save her, he threw her off, and when Spidey tried to catch her with his webbing he found her dead when he pulled her back up, this was in Amazing Spider-Man #121, I believe.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That's right, think of the scene in the first movie where Goblin makes Spidey choose between MJ and that cable car. Sorta' like that. Spidey's web caught Gwen, but she was falling so fast that the web snapped her back and killed her.

In the comics, Peter actually admits that he loved Gwen more then he loves MJ.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
thank you, it didn't seem right in the first movie when the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) and Spidey show down and Spidey has to choose between MJ and whatever. I really wanted the movies to be true to the comics, as it was indeed true to the comics except for that one niggling detail.

BJ