Spinney highlights Villanova's graduation ceremony

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wish I had been so lucky to have him at my graduation. We had some banker who was boring, crunching numbers and statistics at us and being all serious. All I remember about him was he kept saying "Blah blah blah." I was finally glad when a balloon somewhere popped and the audience all jumped and said, "Woo!" HA! That was the highlight of my graduation.

A popping balloon.

God, I wish I had been able to enjoy Spinney as speaker.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I can't believe that someone said they would want someone bigger than Caroll Spinney..At least the busy puppeteer took time out to do this. He probably did not have to but wanted to because he loves his job unlike 75% of Americans..rough estimate.I think I would just be in awe if he spoke at my graduation..hey you think in three years he might be willing to speak at mine..well maybe four since I changed my major to communications..but what an honor to see him in person. His book "The wisdom of Big Bird and the dark genius of Oscar the grouch" spoke to my heart as a puppeteer..that is a must read book for any puppeteer. He is an inspiring individual...who I will remember in the next 30 years and hopefully I can keep reminding my friends at college who he is. Surprisingly they still have a tough time knowing who Steve Whitmire is..what kind of planet are they from?Obviously they are the ones missing out. Agg hey maybe we should have that guy put on a puppet and keep his arm up for ten minutes and lip synch to a skit or song..but don't lose hope..I actually did an english project in 11th grade with my puppet telling about a book I had read. I thought my peers would laugh me right out of school but instead they gave me compliments and they clapped so hard when I was done. So yeah keep sharing about muppets and any form of puppetry you never know who you may inspire to be the next muppet performer or the next president.
-Sandee :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm so jealous of Villanova! (Being a Haverford College guy, I never thought I'd say that). I was just in the area last week, and I will be again tomorrow--too bad I missed it!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
that's so cool...I can't beleive anyone would complain about carol spinney...I'd much rather see him live than bono...and it's a much rarer thing, too...

but then, I'm a muppety kinda guy...