Spongebob Squarepants voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today I’m focusing on Nickelodeon’s star cartoon series, Spongebob Squarepants, the crazy cartoon series about a hyperactive sponge and his misadventures under the sea. And later became a movie feature. Spongebob was Tom Kenny’s most famous voice and sometimes Tom would play a live action character on the show called Patchy the Pirate.

TOM KENNY: Spongebob Squarepants, Narrator, Gary, Dad Squarepants, Grandpa Squarepants, The Dirty Bubble(second voice), Old Man Jenkins(sometimes), Patchy the Pirate(live character)
BILL FAGERBAKKE: Patrick Star
RODGER BUMPASS: Squidward Tentacles, Dr. Gilliam
CLANCY BROWN: Mr. Krabs
CAROLYN LAWRENCE: Sandy Cheeks
MR. LAWRENCE: Plankton, Larry the Lobster, Old Man Jenkins(sometimes)
JILL TALLEY: Karen the Computer Wife
MARY JO CATLETT: Mrs. Puff
SERENA IRWIN: Mom Squarepants
MARION ROSS: Grandma Squarepants
LORI ALAN: Pearl Krabs
ERNEST BORGNINE: Mermaid Man
TIM CONWAY: Barnacle Boy
CHARLES NELSON REILLY: The Dirty Bubble(first voice)
JOHN RHYS-DAVIES: Man Ray
BRIAN DOYLE-MURRAY: The Flying Dutchman
DEE BRADLEY BAKER: Squilliam Fancyson, Bubble Bass, Lots of Additional Voices
PATRICK PINNEY: Painty the Pirate, Lots of Additional Voices
TOM WILSON: Flatz, Lots of Additional Voices
JOHN O’HURLEY: King Neptune(sometimes)
JEFFREY TAMBOR: King Neptune(sometimes)
BILLY WEST: King Neptune(sometimes)
PAUL TIBBIT: Mama Krabs, King Neptune(sometimes), Potty the Parrot(second voice)
SCARLET JOHANSSON: Princess Mindy
ALEC BALDWIN: Dennis the Hitman
STEPHEN HILLENBURG: Potty the Parrot(first voice)

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Woohoo! SpongeBob! I'm a MAJOR fan of Mr. Squarepants and co. Squidward's my fave, but I love Ernest Borgnine and Tim Conway as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy; Mary Jo Catlett never fails to crack me up: Oh SpongeBob...WHHHHHYYYYYYY? And as a fan of the great Charles Nelson Reilly, I enjoyed his turn as the Dirty Bubble.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I have a friend who was so surprised to know that Tom Kenny, who voiced Spongebob, voiced one of her favorite supporting characters from the game Final Fantasy X. I was surprised too. It would seem he has done quite a lot of voice acting.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I had no idea that Billy West was involved with spongebob. I guess you learn something everyday.
Wow, I just found this on wikipedia
SpongeBob has achieved popularity with both children and adults, and is an icon for gay men in the United States. The character was involved in controversy when he appeared in a We Are Family Foundation video promoting tolerance. This was criticised by James Dobson of Focus on the Family because of the foundation's link to homosexuality.

Xerus

Reaction score
I had no idea that Billy West was involved with spongebob. I guess you learn something everyday.
It does seem like King Neptune goes through a lot of voice artist changes, not to mention some appearance changes in the show and movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Spongebob was Tom Kenny’s most famous voice and sometimes Tom would play a live action character on the show called Patchy the Pirate.
Thank you! I had a feeling he played both, lol! I love those Patchy segments, hehe.

Xerus

Reaction score
Thank you! I had a feeling he played both, lol! I love those Patchy segments, hehe.
Your welcome. :smile: I believe in one Patchy episode where Patchy worked at a restaurant, Bill Fagerbakke (who voiced Patrick) played his angry boss.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Your welcome. :smile: I believe in one Patchy episode where Patchy worked at a restaurant, Bill Fagerbakke (who voiced Patrick) played his angry boss.
And a caveman too in another episode I think.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I used to like SpongeBob, but I lost interest when the new episodes after the movie came out. They just weren't as great as the pre-movie episodes.