SpongeBob SquarePants

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anything IS better than it, but Disney Channel, well, I would rather punch their animation star, Phineas. I hate the kid's voice especially. Ironically, I used to like the show. I bet they ruined the Avengers and Star ars for crossing over, to some people. I'm a fan of neither, so I don't care. Well, back to Spongebob. The show still puts up great ratings, so it will be around for at least 5 more years. Phineas and ferb might end soon, according to Cartoon Brew.
[face palm]

You may not like those Disney shows, but let me tell you something... Disney finally started respecting their TV animation division again after Phineas and Ferb, and I'm forever grateful for that. Only lousy cartoon Disney has done recently is Fish Hooks, but it doesn't have a measurable fanbase, and is easily ignored. I remember back when they had Emperor's New School and The Replacements and they couldn't wait to get rid of them both because they weren't Hanna Montana.

Their live action programming is still utter and complete interchangeable garbage (Dog with a Blog? Seriously), but they've made strides in TV animation after everyone was about to write them off for it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Judging by the trailer, there seems to be a huge focus on the out-of-water parts of the movie here, which I'm hoping won't take up too much screen time, but the stop motion-like CGI looks really good. Also nice to see Patrick as his lovably stupid self like the old days. :smile:

Last edited:

galagr

Reaction score
Wow. Props to them for putting cartoon characters in the real world and still having them look like cartoon characters despite being in CGI.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Judging by the trailer, there seems to be a huge focus on the out-of-water parts of the movie here, which I'm hoping won't take up too much screen time., but the stop motion-like CGI looks really good. Also nice to see Patrick as his lovably stupid self like the old days. :smile:
It really seems that if they do, they're doing it better than most. I dare say, maybe even tongue in cheek. The film looks like a chaotic mess, and I wouldn't have it any other way for a wacky cartoon like Spongebob. I especially liked the Mad Max style Apocalypse gag.

Wow. Props to them for putting cartoon characters in the real world and still having them look like cartoon characters despite being in CGI.
Thought didn't occur to me until you mentioned it. No Scooby-Doos, Garfields, or Yogi Bears here.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
SpongeBob: Sponge out of Water looks O.K. I guess I would see it in theaters...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really haven't paid any attention to new SpongeBob stuff, and I didn't think a new movie would be any good since the series isn't anymore. I might see this though.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I really haven't paid any attention to new SpongeBob stuff, and I didn't think a new movie would be any good since the series isn't anymore. I might see this though.
Yeah, it looks okay for new SpongeBob.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Simpsons managed to pull it off, but mainly because they got as many of the the original writers back as possible. Maybe if they got Tim Hill to stop directing mediocre kid's films to do a pass of the script and got Steven Hillenberg involved, it would sound a lot more promising. That and if it was done years earlier.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas are nowhere to be found on this project, so that's a positive sign. :smile:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Steve Hillenburg is involved in this movie, so the movie is gonna be better than the series.