Sprout is becoming more and more repetitive with their selection of episodes

ssetta

Reaction score
For those of you who have been watching Sesame Street on PBS Kids Sprout, you may have noticed that they have been more and more repetitive with their Sesame Street episodes. Before, they aired all the episodes they have in order, with Friday episodes only running on Fridays, appropriately. They still do that, but it seems like they don't air the episodes in order anymore, AND they keep repeating certain episodes more often than they used to. I'm getting really sick of seeing the same ones over and over, and it seems like they've done away with all Season 30, and most Season 31 episodes, with a few still in the rotation. Did anyone else notice this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sprout's actually another channel for PBS, right?

PBS is ALWAYS repetitive with their episode selections. There are episodes of certain shows I have to wait until reruns to see, and I have to wait for weeks on end to see one episode. Arthur is especially redundant with repeats. You'd think with 100+ episodes, they'd rerun those a little better. Why, with the episode numbers they have, you'd think they'd only air the same episode 3 times a year. But they split the series up into groups and rerun those groups until it's time for another. So, I don't think it's just that show, nor just that channel.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Agreed! As my holiday gift this year, I asked my folks to order a new tier of cable channels that includes Sprout (which just got added to their line-up in November). It's good to see classic clips even in EW-era shows, but not so good to watch the same rotation of episodes for 2-3 weeks in a row. Hope that the selection changes soon--and that Sprout doesn't ditch semi-classic style Sesame for good. :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, this is an imprint of PBS, and trust me PBS does it with EVERYTHING! There's this Martha Speaks I only caught the last 5 minutes of that I've been waiting weeks for them to rerun... and then they just started showing the first season AGAIN... man, if I see "Painting for Peanuts" one more time, I'm gonna scream.

Arthur Curious George... Cyberchase... Word Girl even... They keep showing the SAME ones over and over.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It also seems like I get channels right when they start going downhill. I still don't have Sprout, but by the look of it, it won't be worth it if I ever do; those are the episodes I remember best and now, I probably won't ever see them (and the older Plaza Sesamo episodes either). When I first got expanded cable, all the good stuff from channels like Toon Disney and Nicktoons were getting the cut.