SS cast

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
here's one that no one has mention here or at YL. remember a lady by the name of Timmy? she was a friend of Linda's and often i saw her inturpetting for her. she probably came on the scene in the late 70s and left sometime in the 80s either in the middle or towards the end of the decade. anyone recall the actresses real name?
YES!!! I DO REMEMBER TIMMY!!!!!! I REMEMBER SEEING HER ON THE SHOW WHEN I WAS VERY LITTLE. I FORGOT ALL ABOUT HER UP UNTIL JUST NOW!! It was probably 1985 or 1986 when she left the show. WOW!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Deserre Casado, the actress who plays Gaby, the IMDB board who plays her says she was born in 1985, but Maria had her real daughter Gaby in 1988 or 1989. i know that board isn't always right and i wonder if it's just another mistake or are they right about her birth year?

zanimum

Reaction score
Shop teacher?

ssetta said:
Actually, I think Susan was a nurse from the very first season. Also in the very first season, Bob was a shop teacher. I have a 45 rpm record with the Sesame Street Theme on one side, and "Hello" on the other side, and all of the cast members introduce themselves.
A shop teacher? Like school wood workshop type of thing?

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes. In fact, on episode #1, he is actually helping Gordon hang a picture on a wall.

Splurge

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Deserre Casado, the actress who plays Gaby, the IMDB board who plays her says she was born in 1985, but Maria had her real daughter Gaby in 1988 or 1989. i know that board isn't always right and i wonder if it's just another mistake or are they right about her birth year?
Deserre Casado was cast as Gabby when the character got older. Prior to that, it was different little baby who was Maria's child.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
that i know. the 1st Gaby was sonia Manzano's actuall daughter and in a section of the Sesame Workshop page in a section called talking out loud at some point she began to feel unconfortable on the show. therefore was replaced. by Casado.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here's a question about 2 of the SS cast. > 1st Mr. Hooper: on a site about SS history the listed the cast and they mentioned Mr. Hooper being abbrasive and his personality and or his ways were disagreeable though once you got to know him, he was a really nice man. whitch he was but what about the rest? > and Maria: in the Sesame St. Unpaved book they referred to her as a hippie witch i don't get. i never heard of her or ahd seen her walking around with flowers in her hair or whatever. other than she along with Northern Calloway and probably Elmillio Delgado were the youngest cast memebers at the time they joined.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
while i know it hasn't been all that unusual over the years for anyone the SS to have made public appearances, i wonder if any of them appeared at sporting events? i heard once Mr. Rogers once did and a Pittsburgh Steelers game and on a couple of occasions the zoomers from the current series sung the National Anthem durring Red Sox Games.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
some of you probably know both Bob McGrath and Sonia Manzanno have their own sites. for those who don't know them http://www.bobmcgrath.com/ http://www.soniamanzano.com/ now there's a message board on Bob's site where people write in and comment on him or ask a question. but Bob never replies to any of them. i wonder why. i figure he could at least make some time to do that once in a while.