SS special on PBS (Oct. 24th, 9:00-10:30 PM)

Princeton

Reaction score
Sorry I'm so late in posting this, but I thought y'all would be interested in this:

INDEPENDENT LENS: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SESAME STREET (from Entertainment Weekly)

"We could easily have made this documentary the Must Watch of the week, so well does it document Sesame Street's global outreach. Since its 1969 debut, the children's TV series has been replicated everywhere from Poland to Egypt, but as producers try to build sets in Kosovo and Bangladesh, recalcitrant governments, sectarian violence, and local skepticism make early childhood education (with puppets!) sound like folly. Never have two projects seemed more destined to fail. Then we meet the intended viewers and realize Sesame Street simply doesn't have that luxury."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mentioned this on the RHLC, but I had the opportunity to see The World According to Sesame Street at a Musuem of TV and Radio event not long ago. It's a great documentary, very funny at times, sometimes sad. But always moving. I'd definitely recommend it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Definitely intend on getting home tomorrow in time to watch this great documentary. And on the off chance you should miss it on PBS tomorrow night, don't worry... The World According to Sesame Street will be released on DVD tomorrow as a separate release but on the same day as Sesame Street Old School, Volume 1.
Hope this helps and have a great day.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Wait is today the 24th or tomarrow? im really out of it today...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Today's date is October 23, tomorrow will be the 24th.
Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
I am really excited about this. Going to set the recorder.

BEAR

Reaction score
Hmm...I actually can't find it in my tv listings guide at all. Are you sure it is being aired? I know that the DVD is to be released tomorrow.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's mentioned on the PBS website, but just have to wait and see.