SS to be on eps 40 of Robot Chicken

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
The gang from Seasme Street deal with a Viral Outbreak

this epsodide will probley be on in like 2 months

muppet maniac

Reaction score
This sounds very interesting. Where did you hear about this, and which characters are going to be in it?

I've never seen the show, but I have been hearing about it(mainly about the skit with the "Behind the Music" documentary on the Electric Mayhem)and I've seen the Scooby-Doo parody from it(with the actors from the two movies in them)

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
...As much as I'd look forward to seeing this (had I had cable), another Big Bird flu joke is dull as dishwater to me.... MAd TV did it, several comics in newspapers did it.... and Wonder Showzen did it (sounds like the more superior of the previous)...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I'm guessing that it's going to be the Sesame Street action figures(Ernie, Oscar, Two-Headed Monster, Guy Smiley and Grover, plus some other characters like Bert and Big Bird, whose prototype figure I have seen) from Palisades(speaking of which, whatever happened to it? I have not heard another word about this lately).

...As much as I'd look forward to seeing this (had I had cable), another Big Bird flu joke is dull as dishwater to me.... MAd TV did it, several comics in newspapers did it.... and Wonder Showzen did it (sounds like the more superior of the previous)...

About the Wonder Shozen clip: are you refering to the PSA sketch in which Burt Flu gives a lecture on the disease and says that his brother "Big Bird" Flu will give us more do's and don'ts(and doesn't because he dies)? Because I was informed that it was from Comedy Central's Last Laugh 2005 and not WS.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
...and it's been 5 months. I've read on TV.com that this won't air until November. So that means more waiting...

So yeah, more waiting.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... What happened with the SS figures...
The company went under and SS was never produced for the retail masses. Super Grover was the only figure actually made and released, as the 2005 Tour figure. Final prototypes, fully painted and perfected were made, but never released to the mass markets.
Got 2HM and Guy Smiley myself, through a friend who was able to get them from Ken Lilly in a special auction waaaay back.

Needless to say, the Bert, Big Bird, Count and other protos won't be released.
All we can do is hope some new company gets the license and actually makes some decent figures on the level of detail and care Palisades did with the Muppets.
Hope this helps.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
So...maybe they won't use the SS action figures...maybe make sculpted figures of them? I know that Robot Chicken uses real action figures. Wasn't so sure about the Scooby Doo spoof I saw once...

But anyhow, Im going to assume that the characters in this bit are gonna be(maybe some, or all, or most of):

*Big Bird(of course)
*Cookie
*Ernie/Bert
*Oscar
*Grover
*The Count
*Snuffy
*Elmo

...UNLESS, they're going to take images of the SS figure prototypes already made and animate them. That's just a guess.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, maybe... Then again, the list of characters you posted have all had PVC figurines made of them, so maybe that's another possibility.