1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SS worries about obesity

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Xerus, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I read in a TV Guide that this season, Sesame Street is going to do some episodes about good health since they're worried that two many children in our society are becoming overweight.

Big Bird will teach us about exercise and Cookie Monster is supoosed to start eating healthier and less fattening foods.
  2. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

That's really interesting news. I doubt Cookie Monster will ever stop being Cookie Monster, but I'm glad they're focusing on health and diet. Someone needs to be sending a positive message!
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

it's kind of laughable considering McDonald's isn't really considered hte healthiest food. or at least that;s what the experts say.
  4. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

That's Great!I Just Hope They Use Old/Vintage Muppet Skits Like Lets All Exercise,Ernie Exercises From The Radio,Fat Blue Goes To The Gym,Etc.

Speaking Of Exercise,Does Anybody Remember A 1982 Episode Where The Count Exercises? :) :) :)
  5. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I hope Cookie never changes. But that being said, I'm glad SS is taking a few steps since they do shoulder some responsibility for helping raise a good chunk of the country if not the world. :)
  6. They had BETTER bring back Cookie's "Food Rap" bit for this.
  7. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

they'll probably make a new version of it because it will be to confusing upsetting to see something old. hahahahahahahahahahaah! little joke there.
  8. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

yep. I wonder if they will introduce yoga or meditation too,a child's version.:halo:
  9. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

They're Might Show Old/Vintage Skits Mike!They Always Do It Every Season!!!
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

i could you without this !! dan. i was just making a joke don't you get it.
  11. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

O.K.Mike! Sorry! :)
  12. leliebel

leliebel New Member

[useless trivia]

last december in the dutch version of sesame street a new puppet was introduced. It was a chubby little baby pig. It was rumored that the american headquarters refused to build it at first because of the obesity issues in america. The puppet is called Purk btw.

[/useless trivia]
  13. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I've seen pictures, Purk's just so cute!
  14. leliebel

leliebel New Member

here speach is adorable too

She's really jong and Pino (the dutch version of big bird) is the only one who can understand her. :)
  15. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Maybe Cokkie will start eating soy cookies.
  16. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

I remember a SS segment back in the day where a human cast member and I think Prarie Dawn were trying to convince Cookie Monster to try veggies. He fought with them for a while about it but he finally bit the bullet and in the end realized that he liked veggies. I always thought this was a fun and memorable way to get kids to give more attention to veggies. Something like that would still go over well as well as maybe a SS Dance Fest (a SS version of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies). They could have kids and Muppets dancing to classics like Put Down the Ducky or Doing the Pigeon or Cookie Starts with C. Good exercise and lots of fun. They could even put out a video or start a series.
  17. superfan

superfan Active Member

And don't forget about Captain Vegetable!

"Who are you! Some kinda wierdo?"

"Do I look like a wierdo to you?" :zany:
  18. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Oh Yeah! I Loved Captain Vegetable. That Was One Of My Favorite Skits Of All Time! Hopefully They Should Just Use That For Next Year's Season Since They're Just Making At Least A Couple Of Brand New Episodes About Exercising,Etc..
  19. FragglettesMom

FragglettesMom New Member

Captain Vegetable

Refresh my memory, who was the voice of Captain Vegetable ?
  20. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Jim Henson! :) :D :)