SST 2.0: Everybody Forgets Snuffy

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last April Fools Day I posted a thread about Sesame Street rebranding itself as "Sesame Street 2.0" and being aimed more at adults and classic fans, and listed a number of ficticious episodes. You can see the thread here: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...eet-to-target-older-audiences-directly.50795/

And now, for the first time ever, I am going to post an outline of one of those ficticious episodes mentioned. Now don't expect me to do more of those. I might, or I might not. Anyway, here is the episode, "Everybody Forgets Snuffy". This is not meant to represent any speciffic season, just what I would have if I was in charge of the show being more adult.

Scene 1
Snuffy welcomes the viewers, then comes across The Amazing Mumford and Forgetful Jones (while Gordon, Bob, and Alan all greet Snuffy as they walk by). Mumford reveals to Snuffy that he knows a spell that can cure Forgetful Jones of his memory problem. Snuffy wants to watch the trick, but he has to go play with Big Bird. After Snuffy leaves, Mumford casts his spell. Unfortunately, it seemingly didn't work - Forgetful is still forgetful.

Meanwhile, around the corner, Big Bird can't remember what he was doing around the corner. He knew he was supposed to be doing something, but can't remember what. Then Snuffy shows up, and Big Bird acts like he doesn't remember him, though Snuffy remembers Big Bird. Snuffy introduces himself and says that he's Big Bird's best friend, which Big Bird decides to believe despite not remembering.

Inserts:
  • Typewriter: M-Magic
  • Today's Secret Drawing: M
  • Mmmmonster Meal
  • What's it Like to be in School?
  • Professor Grover: School
  • Teeny Little Super Guy: School

Scene 2
Acknowledging the fact that Big Bird forgot everything about Snuffy, Snuffy wonders if everybody else did as well. Big Bird decides to go to the adults and ask if they remember, telling Snuffy to stay put ("this sounds familiar", says Snuffy). Big Bird asks, but none of the adults remember, and they think Big Bird was imagining a new friend who he thought was an old friend. Big Bird asks them all to follow him around the corner, but before they do, Snuffy wonders if his mommy and Alice have forgotten about him as well and goes back to his cave, gone before they show up.

Inserts:
  • An alligator learns how an elephant never forgets
  • The Remembering Game
  • Ernie's remembering string
  • Jazz Alphabet
  • The Song of the Count
  • Ladybug Picnic
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Twelve Angry Men
  • Imagination (original version)

Scene 3
Snuffy comes to Big Birds nest, saying that his family hasn't forgotten about him. Big Bird decides to take Snuffy to the adults. The adults are all in the arbor area, looking through old scrapbooks. Big Bird and Snuffy stand behind them, and Big Bird tells them to turn around so they can see Snuffy. Without turning around, Bob says they are all too busy to look. Snuffy says goodbye and leaves, after which the adults turn around (right after he's out of sight) and tell Big Bird that was a good deep voice he made.

Inserts:
  • Poverty A
  • Arthur and Annie look for A
  • Two-Headed Monster: School
  • Roosevelt Franklin: Trying Poems
  • African Masks #12
  • Everybody Run
  • Kermit and Marlina: Knees
  • Melvin the Moving Man

Scene 4
Big Bird makes a big deal about the adults not believing in Mr. Snuffleupagus, and the fact that he lost all memories of his best friend until now. Mumford overhears and mentions that he tried to use magic to help Forgetful Jones stop forgetting things, wondering if maybe he accidently caused everybody to forget about Snuffy. Mumford tries to think up a spell, but as he's thinking, Snuffy shows up and the adults finally see him again (except for Mumford, who's looking the other way and trying to come up with a spell). Eventually, Mumford comes up with a spell, and everybody suddenlt remembers Snuffy (and Mumford finally looks behind and sees him). Then they all remember how the adults used to think Snuffy was Big Bird's imaginary friend.

Inserts:
  • Flower opens and closes
  • Things That I Remember
  • Geomtry of Circles

Scene 5
Snuffy announces the sponsors.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Good story. I was thinking that could be done today with maybe Abby in Mumford's place, but I know we're using classic characters here, so it works out. Maybe you could post some more fan fics of other episodes you mentioned. That would be neat.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Good story. I was thinking that could be done today with maybe Abby in Mumford's place, but I know we're using classic characters here, so it works out. Maybe you could post some more fan fics of other episodes you mentioned. That would be neat.
Did you see this one: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/sst-2-0-outline-gordon-forgets-his-papers.53996/

I plan on outlining at least a few more, but these don't have to exclusively feature old school characters. It's meant to be an alternate season aimed at adult fans and the old school crowd. There's no discrimination on Elmo, Abby, Murray, Zoe, Rosita, or other characters who aren't old school enough, and post-1990 segments have been "included", but they are underused (like how Pepe was underused in The Muppet Show Comic Book and The Muppets).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I was thinking about the one where Gordon forgets to grade his papers. I was thinking that may have been a bit out of character for him. I was thinking that may work better if he were to have Grover or someone do the job for him for whatever reason with disastrous results, but I'll bookmark that link and take a look when I get a chance.

Bridget

Reaction score
I will always love Snuffy, no matter howmany nightmares he gives me! :flirt:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oh, I was thinking about the one where Gordon forgets to grade his papers. I was thinking that may have been a bit out of character for him. I was thinking that may work better if he were to have Grover or someone do the job for him for whatever reason with disastrous results, but I'll bookmark that link and take a look when I get a chance.
Since the point of "Sesame Street 2.0" was to be an april fools joke, some of the plots mentioned involved certain characters acting a little out of character. The fact that I've been making outlines out of some of those plots make 'em what TV Tropes would call "The Artifact".

And I've realized that between this story, Gordon forgetting his papers, and the fan fic with Prairie Dawn getting amnesia, quite a few of them involve segments about remembering things.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, that's okay. I mean each season of the current SS has a theme. That could be a theme for a version of SS targeting at adults, seasons focused on adult issues like improving your memory. Lol. I often think I could use that myself.