SST 2.0: Forgetful Jones goes to the doctor

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this episode of the fictitious series "Sesame Street 2.0", which was an April Fools joke in 2012 concerning a Sesame Street show aimed at adults, with heavy focus on classic clips.

Scene 1
Realizing how Forgetful Jones' forgetfulness is more serious beyond just casual forgetfulness, and that it's hard to help him (Forgetful had been writing things down, but keeps forgetting to read what he wrote down), Bob decides to take Forgetful Jones to a head doctor. Forgetful Jones is excited - but only because he thinks a head doctor sells ice cream (he forgot that ice cream men do that).

Inserts
  • "What's My Job?"
  • "We Coulda"
  • "The People in Your Neighborhood": pilot and nurse
  • Dots bridge (dots show up in correct order)
  • Kermit draws a K
  • Small K - Kiss

Scene 2
Bob and Forgetful see the doctor. The doctor asks what the problem is, but Forgetful Jones forgets. Fortunately, Bob remembers and explains it to the doctor. The doctor decides to test Forgetful's memory, first by asking what the last letter of the alphabet shown is. Forgetful incorrectly guesses B.

Inserts
  • AlphaQuest: B
  • "Letter B"
  • Typewriter: B-ball
  • "What's It Like to Be in School?"
  • Teeny Little Super Guy: Eggbeater

Scene 3
The doctor asks Forgetful to count as high as he can remember, and he actually counts up to 40... But Forgetful incorrectly states that he completed the alphabet.

Inserts
  • Students form the alphabet
  • "Alone in the Swamp with You"
  • Harvey Kneeslapper: 2
  • Monsterpiece Theater: The Postman Always Rings Twice
  • Henson #2
  • "Dollhouse"

Scene 4
After a series of failed tests, the doctor reveals that he can't figure out a diagnosis for why Forgetful Jones is so forgetful, or what can be done to help. As the doctor tells Bob, "This is the first time I've had this problem in all my years as a... As a.... What am I, again? A race car driver? Oh, I forget!"

Inserts
  • An elephant and alligator discuss ways to remember things
  • Ernie's remembering string
  • Remembering bread, milk, and butter
  • Grover's waiter memory
  • "The Song of the Count"

Scene 5
Coming back to Sesame Street, Forgetful Jones worries about what he's going to do to remember things, and Bob is surprised to see that Forgetful Jones remembers that he's been forgetting things.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Uh-oh, seems like Forgetful's condition is catching. Poor doctor.