SST 2.0: Gabby Tutors a Loser

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I direct you to this thread: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...eet-to-target-older-audiences-directly.50795/ And now here's an outline, one that may or may not have a character act out-of-character. I also don't know whether Gabby's still on the show.

Scene 1
Alan asks Gabby to tutor his niece, Miranda, who is doing poorly in school. She meets Miranda, a stereotypical loser, but instead of telling Gabby what school work she needs help with, she shows off her "Letter C Cards", which include carrot, cavity, cinnamon, and chlorophyll. She even has the rarest of the C Cards, the cookie card. Cookie Monster then takes it and eats it, and Gabby remarks that it's no wonder the cookie card is the rarest.

Inserts:
  • "C is for Cookie" (original)
  • Typewriter: C-Cat
  • "She Drives Me Crazy"

Scene 2
Gabby tries to help Miranda with her history, but she's too busy talking about her favorite video games, like "World of Peacecraft" and "Happy Birds". Gabby tries to work those games into the lesson, only she doesn't know anything about the games Miranda plays.

Inserts:
  • The American Revolution: The National Bird
  • "Everybody Eats"
  • Grover's Restaurant: Cluck-cluck Sandwich
  • Subtracting Gumballs

Scene 3
Gabby now teaches Miranda her math. She asks what 1+1 is, but Miranda doesn't know. She tells them that it adds two, and that there are two of them, one Gabby and one Miranda, and they end up singing "One and One Make Two".

Inserts:
  • Henson #2
  • Mad Painter #2
  • Bert and Ernie: Two Noses
  • "Two Heads are Better Than One"
  • Kermit News: Mary and her Little Lamb

Scene 4
As Miranda keeps talking about her C Cards, video games, and her favorite show, "Pirates of the Star Trek Wars of the Hobbit Rings", Gabby determines that she's a loser. Alan apologizes for not telling her earlier, but needed somebody to tutor her.

Inserts:
  • Kermit's W Lecture, Part 1
  • Wanda the Witch
  • Kermit's W Lecture, Part 2
  • Pizzaria Dos
  • "I'm Square"
  • "This Song's For the Birds"
  • Fay Ray: Headphones
  • "Rubber Duckie" (season two version)
  • The Noble Ostrich
  • "I Say Banana" with Big Bird and R2D2
  • The Addition Game
  • Kermit's Subtraction Lecture

Scene 5
Gabby laments over the fact that she's not only been tutoring a "loser", but also because that so-called loser hadn't learned anything from her. Bert consoles Gabby and tells her that just because Miranda is a loser doesn't mean that they can't still be friends. So Gabby apologizes to Miranda (who says she didn't need to, as she gets called a loser a lot). Bert introduces himself to her and tells her he likes bottle caps, paper clips, and pigeons, all of which (except for the bottle caps) Miranda also likes, and she tells him she also likes C Cards, "World of Peace Craft" video games, and the series "Pirates of the Star Trek Wars of the Hobbit Rings" movies. Bert turns his head to the camera and says, "I don't care if she likes paper clips and pigeons, I'm out of here."

Inserts:
  • "What is Friend?" (film version)
  • 2 Train
  • Harvey Kneeslapper: 2
  • Geometry of Circles

Scene 6
Gabby and Miranda play a handheld version of "World of Peace Craft" together. Miranda promises that if Gabby beats her this round, she'll concentrate on studying harder, and remarks that "if I study hard and still flunk, I can always drop out of school".

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! That's nothing like you'd see on today's 'Sesame Street.' Lol. Teaching kids that dropping out of school is okay. But that's alright, since I know it's SS 2.0 which is geared more towards adults. Good story though. I couldn't help but feel bad for Gabi about not really being able to teach Miranda anything. Oh, well. I guess you can't win them all.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
This was interesting. I dislike Miranda beign called a loser, she mgiht just have a mental disorder, so it's a little touchy to me in particular. Don't worry I won't bore you with my details. All the same this is hilarious! Star Wars and Lord of the RIngs combined=heaven for me.
Frodo-You killed my old friend Smeagol.
Gollum-No I am your old friend Smeagol!
Frodo-(screams)Wait...I already knew that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was interesting. I dislike Miranda beign called a loser, she mgiht just have a mental disorder, so it's a little touchy to me in particular.
I never thought of "loser" as a mental disorder. I thought of it as a term people give to those whose lifestyles and interests are not particularly glamorous to them, especially if they are high school students. And even as I wrote this I thought it'd be a bit out-of-character for Gabby to consider her a loser (and she's been out of high school for a few years), so she must be really pathetic to her. Of course she's called a loser here because that's what the "announcement" in the april fools thread said (I had planned on having her be called "dorky" instead, but rechecked the original announcement and saw that I wrote "loser"). And what I find especially funny is that even her uncle Alan views her that way.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I never thought of "loser" as a mental disorder. I thought of it as a term people give to those whose lifestyles and interests are not particularly glamorous to them, especially if they are high school students. And even as I wrote this I thought it'd be a bit out-of-character for Gabby to consider her a loser (and she's been out of high school for a few years), so she must be really pathetic to her. Of course she's called a loser here because that's what the "announcement" in the april fools thread said (I had planned on having her be called "dorky" instead, but rechecked the original announcement and saw that I wrote "loser"). And what I find especially funny is that even her uncle Alan views her that way.
OK sorry about that!