SST 2.0: Maria's car gets stolen

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's yet another outline episode of "Sesame Street 2.0". As usual I'll post a link tot he thread on what this is about: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...eet-to-target-older-audiences-directly.50795/ Unlike other Sesame Street 2.0 outlines this one does NOT involve any of the plot descriptions mentioned in the previous thread (a first!).

Scene 1
Maria tells Bob, Alan, Leeyla, Telly, Herry, and Little Bird that she's got a brand-new car, and it's the coolest. But when she goes to show it to them, the car is missing. Somebody must have stolen it!

Inserts:
  • Sand Animation: Y
  • "Don't Know Y" with Norah Jones
  • Old West Letter Y Box of Crayons
  • Starfish
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur
  • "Everybody Run"

Scene 2
Maria has called the police and then imagines what kind of person could have stolen the car. First she imagines a man in all black putting her car in a giant back with a dollar sign on it. She then imagines a man in a black and white prison outfit stealing the car. She then imagines a tow truck pulling it away.

Inserts:
  • Arnold Rides a Chair
  • "Imagine That"
  • Grover pretends he's on the moon
  • The Geefle and the Gonk

Scene 3
A police officer comes up and questions Maria. Cookie Monster walks by and burps, and they notice his breath smells like a new car... And since Cookie Monster has been known to eat cars, they think Cookie Monster did it, which he denies. Cookie says there was a local "all-you-can-eat car" buffet, which Maria doesn't believe, but the cop tells her that he heard of the buffet. In fact he was planning on going there until he was told to investigate this crime.

Inserts:
  • Jazz #9
  • "Cloud 9"
  • "Martian Beauty"
  • Kermit and Two-Headed Monster: Listening
  • "Hot and Cold" with Katy Perry
  • Miami Mice: The Count
  • Teeny Little Super Guy: Danger
  • "Danger" with Little Jerry and the Monotones
  • "Don't Waste Water"

Scene 4
A number of people at the buffet were able to vouch for Cookie Monster being there and eating the new cars, so the mystery continues. But Maria's car then comes back. Turns out Luis had driven it somewhere and didn't think he needed to tell her he was going to drive it. Case solved, but now they wonder: Who was watching the Fix-It Shop?

Inserts:
  • Detective Series: Lever
  • Sherlock Hemlock and Ernie: Half-eaten sandwich
  • "The Fireman Song"
  • Sand Animation: C
  • "C is for Cookie" (original)
  • C-cap

Scene 5
Maria apologizes for accusing Cookie Monster, and then she and Luis laugh about the misunderstanding.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Good story. Though I would have included Sherlock in the street story and maybe when questioned who was watching the Fix-It Shop, I could imagine Grover being in charge and Fat Blue being the customer. Again, really good overall. Just thought I'd make some suggestions. Lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Good story. Though I would have included Sherlock in the street story and maybe when questioned who was watching the Fix-It Shop, I could imagine Grover being in charge and Fat Blue being the customer. Again, really good overall. Just thought I'd make some suggestions. Lol.
With this story, which was not mentioned in the april fools thread about the "series", I thought up a quick idea (Maria thinks her car is stolen but it ends up Luis drove it without her knowledge) right before doing the outline and then literally thinking up what to do as I wrote it. I didn't think to include Sherlock Hemlock until I was getting near the end and decided to include one of his classic segments instead.