SST 2.0: Scammed by a Grouch

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this outline for Sesame Street 2.0, a fictional Sesame Street series aimed at the older fans.

Scene 1
A grouch salesman in a fedora and trench coat bangs on Oscar's trash can, because he has something to sell him: Onion Ice Cream. Oscar has never had onion-flavored ice cream before and buys some, but after taking a look, sniff, and bite, Oscar concludes that there is no onions in the ice cream. The grouch salesman confirms that, and points out that he never said anything about it being onion-flavored; Onion is merely the name of the ice cream company.

Inserts:
  • "Everyone Likes Ice Cream"
  • I-ice cream
  • Cold things that begin with I
  • Monsterpiece Theater: The King and I

Scene 2
The grouch salesman approaches Grover and asks if he'd be interested in buying a jar of jellybeans. Grover is interested, and the salesman shows Grover the jar of jellybeans. Grover thinks that the jellybeans look delicious and buys the jar. But as soon as the grouch gets Grover's money, he pours all of the jellybeans out of the jar and hands it to Grover. Turns out he's only selling the jar, not the jellybeans.

Inserts:
  • Kermit and Telly: Headwarmer Salesman
  • Harvey Kneeslapper: I
  • "African Animal Alphabet"
  • "We Coulda"
  • In and Out Fever
  • Two-Headed Monster: F-eet
  • Typewriter: L-lion
  • "Rebel L"

Scene 3
The grouch salesman comes back to Oscar's can to sell something else. Oscar tells him to go away because he knows it'll be a trick, but the grouch insists it won't be a trick this time. He tells Oscar he has a jar of dirty water, assures Oscar that "Dirty" is not the brand name and that he'll sell the water and the jar for the price of one, and shows the jar of dirty water. Oscar likes how dirty the water looks and buys it. Oscar then pours some out... And it turns out the water is actually clean water, while the jar is tinted yellowish-brown and some other stains were but inside the jar. He had been scammed this time!

Inserts:
  • Numbers 1-20 get counted and destroyed
  • Herry and John-John count to 20
  • The Count counts honks
  • Ray Ramono and Grover: Frusterated
  • Ernie and the Air Salesman
  • The Busby Twins: Candle
  • "Wheels on my Feet"
  • "Felines"

Scene 4
Oscar and Grover both complain about how they had been scammed by the same grouch salesman, and realize that they both agree on something (to Grover's delight and Oscar's horror). Oscar suggests they work together to teach that salesman a lesson, while Grover is against it, as he believes revenge is not the answer. Oscar is unhappy that they disagree again, but then comes up with a solution.

Inserts:
  • Kermit News: Don Music writes "Drive Your Car"
  • "Born to Add"
  • "If You've Lost Your L"
  • Detective Series: Lever
  • "My Rock"
  • Lillian, Big Sister

Scene 5
The grouch salesman comes back to sell something else to Oscar, jellybeans that had been on the ground. Oscar doesn't believe that the jellybeans had been on the ground and blows a foghorn, which alerts a grouch cop who arrests the grouch salesman for scamming a fellow grouch. The salesman admits to scamming Oscar with ice cream and water, and offers the cop a few jellybeans as a bribe. The grouch comments on how he likes the dirty taste and suggests he sell some, but still arrests him for the previous scams.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Good story. Though I wouldn't think Grover would be quite as upset about the scam, since he has done similar things with Mr. Johnson. I probably would have used Telly there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Though I wouldn't think Grover would be quite as upset about the scam, since he has done similar things with Mr. Johnson.
Grover doesn't scam Mr. Johnson. At least not intentionally. He tries to get Mr. Johnson what he wants but keeps messing up (or is it his boss messing up and Grover gets blamed?).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. You're right. I haven't really thought of it that way. It seems that :super: always means well while the grouch salesman is doing it intentionally. I get it now. Though Lefty probably could have fit the role of the salesman as well. He's always been sort of a sneak. Anyway, I hope you don't think I sound to critical or anything with my comments. I just thought I'd point out some ideas that run through my head while I'm reading those. Overall, I really enjoy your stories.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah. You're right. I haven't really thought of it that way. It seems that :super: always means well while the grouch salesman is doing it intentionally. I get it now. Though Lefty probably could have fit the role of the salesman as well. He's always been sort of a sneak.
I kinda thought about including Lefty instead, but then thought Lefty wouldn't be so mean. I wonder if he would have sold grouch supplies (that weren't exactly appealing to a grouch).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I guess Lefty wouldn't have worked too well as a 'grouch' salesman, maybe as a regular con artist.