SST 2.0: The Grammar Club

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this outline for Sesame Street 2.0, the Sesame series aimed at adults (which was originally an April fools announcement I made on the forums)!

Scene 1
A monster overhears Cookie Monster and Elmo having a conversation and notices how Elmo uses "Elmo" instead of "I" or "me", and Cookie keeps saying "me" instead of "I". The monster encounters them and gives them a card to his club, "The Grammar Club". He then introduces himself as Grammar Monster.

Inserts
  • Pronoun Trouble Song
  • Jazz #2
  • "Dollhouse"
  • "Two Heads are Better Than One"
  • "Go Ahead and Touch"
  • "I Want a Monster to Be My Friend"

Scene 2
Elmo and Cookie are the only members of the Grammar Club (Grammar Monster hasn't met any other monsters with grammar problems, though Cookie claims that Frazzle has poor grammar). Grammar Monster then teaches them the importance of saying "Am" when you should say "is" and "is" when you should say "am". Elmo messes up, and Grammar Monster screams at Elmo for making a mistake.

Inserts
  • "I'm Your Friend"
  • Harvey Kneeslapper: "Do you know where I wanna B?"
  • Typewriter: B-ball
  • "Letter B"
  • Lefty recites the alphabet to his boss
  • Geometry of Circles
  • Bert and Ernie: Talk Slower

Scene 3
Grammar Monster now tries to teach Cookie and Elmo the differences between "this" and "them", screaming at the top of his lungs and grabbing Elmo and Cookie by their necks whenever they mess up. Eventually, they decide to quit the grammar club, but Grammar Monster locks the door and says that they are not leaving.

Inserts
  • Sesame Street News: The Wolf chases Little Red Riding Hood
  • "Down Below the Street"
  • "The Song of the Count"
  • Billy Jo Jive chases Bad News Barton

Scene 4
Elmo and Cookie are locked in the clubhouse, and they worry about what Grammar Monster will do to them next. Grammar Monster comes up to them as if he's going to do something very harmful to them, but then it turns out he wants to sing a song about grammar, a parody of "It's Easy, M'kay" from "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" but about using good grammar instead of substituting cuss words (sorry, I don't think I'll be able to come up with lyrics, except "step 4: don't say 'Ain't" anymore because "ain't" is the worst word that you can say"). After the song ends Elmo points out that Grammar Monster said "ain't" when singing the song, which makes Grammar Monster feel very terrible about himself, and he decides to let them free. He opens the door.... And sees several police officers outside, ready to arrest Grammar for his tendacy to lure young monsters into his club and be mean to them when using poor grammar.

Inserts
  • Wanda the Witch
  • "The National Association of W Lovers"
  • Sand Animation: W

Scene 5
Cookie Monster and Elmo are glad to be back on Sesame Street. Elmo asks Cookie why he didn't just eat the clubhouse in order to escape, but Cookie says he hadn't been hungry all day (which Elmo finds odd). They see a TV which broadcasts a report on the arrest of Grammar Monster, who is in jail and whose cell mates constantly annoy him by repeatedly saying "ain't". Grammar screams and begs to be free.