SST 40th Anniversary Event

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Aww man, still no confirmation email. How long did it take for everyone else?

I'm guessing they don't process stuff on the weekends...
I never got a confirmation email. I kept checking my bank statement and the charge finally appeared a few days later and then the ticket followed in the mail shortly after. I would think it's more likely that you would get an email quicker if they couldn't fill the order.

Neil565

Reaction score
If I don't get a confirmation email by Wensday, I am going to call up and see what's going on.

Heh, did anyone here shell out $500's for the VIP tickets? Even if the money goes to a good cause, I can't imagine that room being very crowded in this economy. It might be well worth waiting for them at the 'stage door' after all :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
If I don't get a confirmation email by Wensday, I am going to call up and see what's going on.

Heh, did anyone here shell out $500's for the VIP tickets? Even if the money goes to a good cause, I can't imagine that room being very crowded in this economy. It might be well worth waiting for them at the 'stage door' after all :smile:
I would've loved to have shelled out the money but unfortunately I have too many expenses lately as it is. Keep in mind the college might still be closed for the holidays. Some colleges don't go back until mid January. I would think something like a box office would be open but ya never know. Definitely call them as soon as possible.

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
At yesterday's Street Gang book signing in NYC, Michael Davis said he and the panel would be signing after the appearance.

According the flyers he had for the NJ event, those appearing are
Frank Oz, Kevin Clash, Caroll Spinney, Sonia Manzano, Bob McGrath, Marty Robinson, Fran Brill, David Rudman, composer Tony Geis and Davis, who will be moderating. The evening will also have a tribute to Richard Hunt.

I ordered tickets a few weeks back and didn't hear anything. I called today and they said all the tickets were being mailed this week.

Michael

MelissaY1

Reaction score
At yesterday's Street Gang book signing in NYC, Michael Davis said he and the panel would be signing after the appearance.

According the flyers he had for the NJ event, those appearing are
Frank Oz, Kevin Clash, Caroll Spinney, Sonia Manzano, Bob McGrath, Marty Robinson, Fran Brill, David Rudman, composer Tony Geis and Davis, who will be moderating. The evening will also have a tribute to Richard Hunt.

I ordered tickets a few weeks back and didn't hear anything. I called today and they said all the tickets were being mailed this week.

Michael
MIKE! You have made my day! I was wondering if the panel would be accessible. Even if I don't get pics to get the book signed and shake hands with these people will be a joy!

Neil565

Reaction score
YAY! My card got charged for the ticket!

Too bad I have no one to go with, though. And I still haven't found out if I could set up my Camera and tri pod anywhere, though. Pretty historic little moment and would make a great DVD extra somewhere :smile:.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
WPU just confirmed my purchase went through ad I'll be getting my ticket in the mail this week.

So who all is going? Anyone interested in meeting up?

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I am looking forward to going. Until I see them setting up to sign, I'll be holding my breath as I'd love to meet Oz especially, but everyone in one place is such a cool thing.

BTW, Davis on NPR Radio today:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://wamu.org/programs/dr/09/01/06.php#23623
[/FONT]
Cut and paste and Enjoy!

MIKE! You have made my day! I was wondering if the panel would be accessible. Even if I don't get pics to get the book signed and shake hands with these people will be a joy!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
WPU just confirmed my purchase went through ad I'll be getting my ticket in the mail this week.

So who all is going? Anyone interested in meeting up?
It looks like about 18 or 20 people from on the forum are going, at last count, and those are the ones who've posted something here. And sure, it'd be really swell if we all met up at the event.

It's really cool that they'll be doing a signing afterwards; I'll make sure to bring my copy along, and my mother's going to pick one up for herself later this week. (And my dad's probably got his Nikon and gear all lined up, regardless of any photo/video restrictions the university might put in.)

momofdreamer

Reaction score
Ok so I did it. Even though we live 13 hours away I went ahead and bought tickets for me and my son to attend. I just pray the weather is not that bad. Would not hurt my feelings if they waited til spring...lol. I do have one question? Some of you was saying that you was asked about purchasing tickets for the vip. I did not get that question asked when I submitted the form. I wished really do wished they would allow time for everyone to meet and greet. The way I read it the vip is for the partners to the school. In my opinion is the cast rather be with their true die hard fans instead of alumni from the college (excluding any that are fans).
I know my husband will kill me but our son will probably never get another chance to meet them all or at least see them.