SST Fan Fic - A Hollywood Adventure

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I finally got an idea for another fan fic! I've been trying to come up with one for awhile! It's a Sesame Street fan fiction. I really wanted to write a Fraggle Rock one because I've already done a SS, and a Muppet fan fic, but this idea came to me so I went with it. I won't describe it except that it involves a beloved character and a Hollywood adventure (hence the title). I hope you all like it! So, here is chapter one!

Chapter One:

“Five minutes until the play starts everyone! Start getting into places!” yelled Prairie Dawn.

Prairie and all of her friends on Sesame Street were getting ready to perform another one of Prairie’s famous plays and everything backstage was a little chaotic.

“Prairieeeee, I can’t find my Phillip Chapman costume! What am I going to do?” asked a worried Telly Monster.

“Telly, hold on, I’ll see if Kathy can help you,” said Prairie and walked over to where her special friend was helping others with their costumes.

“Kathy, have you seen Telly’s costume? I can’t help him right now, curtain is in five minutes!” said an exasperated Prairie.

“Relax, I’ll help him. Come here Telly,” said Kathy.

Prairie was feeling very nervous about this play. It was a special play she wrote about heroes. She asked all of her Sesame Street friends to dress as different types of heroes that they had.

Bert and Ernie were peeking out of the curtain at the crowd that was gathering.

“Look Bert, there’s Karen and James!” exclaimed Ernie referring to some special friends Bert had met awhile ago. Karen and Bert helped each other out of a bad situation and had stayed in touch.

“Oh I’m so glad she could make it!” said Bert excitedly.

“Three minutes to opening curtain everyone!” said Prairie. She was thinking to herself that this would be the last time she ever wrote a play, directed it and provided the music. Of course, she was wrong. She’d do it again and again because in the end she loved it.

Everyone continued to rush around backstage. Everyone except one furry blue monster.

Grover sat in the corner in his Super Grover attire. He sighed thinking of what happened the day before at the rehearsal.

Prairie thought it was a fine idea to have a superhero in the play, so Grover happily signed on to be Super Grover. He was supposed to come out, sing his lines and then wow the audience by flying in the air. But, at rehearsal, this didn’t happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During rehearsal, when it was his turn, he came out on to the stage.

“I am Super Grover, I fly with great ease, I rescue people whenever I please,” sang Grover as Prairie accompanied him on the piano. When he finished his lines she went into a drumroll style on the piano as Grover prepared to fly.

He flew into the air but instead of sailing out over the audience, he crash landed back onto the stage.

“Ohhh, my head!” said Grover as he sat up.

“Grover, are you ok?” asked Ernie.

“Me help you get up!” exclaimed Cookie coming on to stage to help him.

“I’m fine,” said Grover, “I’m just embarrassed.”

Prairie had stopped playing and witnessed the whole scene and had sat silently while everyone rushed to help him. Grover saw her standing off on the side and walked over to talk to her.

“Prairie, I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to fall!” exclaimed Grover.

“Grover…these things always happen when you’re around! You’re going to ruin my play!” shouted Prairie.

“Prairie, that’s not nice! Grover is your amigo!” said Rosita.

“Well, I just want everything to be perfect!” exclaimed Prairie.

“It will be! I promise I will do my best not to let you down!” said Grover.

“All right, all right, back to rehearsal everyone. Rosita, you’re on stage next,” said Prairie.

Grover walked off the stage and got ready to change out of his Super Grover costume. As he walked toward the dressing room, he could hear people talking.

“Grover does get a little over exuberant about things sometimes,” said Bert.

“I think he means well Bert, but you’re right, he gets so excited and then he messes things up,” said Ernie.

“Me not ever see him fly as Super Grover and not crash,” said Cookie.

Grover had heard enough. They all thought he was clumsy. He slowly gathered up his stuff and headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now he sat backstage waiting to make a fool of himself during the real live performance. He almost didn’t come, but he didn’t want to make Prairie even madder at him.

“Two minutes! Places everyone!” said Prairie.

Grover sighed and got up to get ready for when it was his turn.

All of Sesame Street had gathered to watch the play. Big Bird and Snuffy were there, Maria, Luis, Gordon, Susan, Gina, Olivia, Bob, Linda and David were all there. Even Oscar was peeking around the corner hoping not to get noticed. Also in attendance was an unfamiliar person sitting at the very back.

Prairie took her seat at the piano and began to play.

“Oh welcome, oh welcome, to our little play, we’re so happy that you have come to join us today,” she sang.

One by one various Sesame Street friends came onstage dressed as a hero. Bert was a doctor, Ernie was a firefighter. Telly was Phillip Chapman. Cookie Monster was Chef Emeril Lagasse. Rosita was a policewoman. Finally, it was Grover’s turn.

“Here goes nothing,” he thought to himself.

“I am Super Grover, I fly with great ease, I rescue people whenever I please,” sang Grover. Once again Prairie went into the drumroll on the piano.

Grover closed his eyes and took off. Suddenly he was in the air flying like he never had before.

“Whoa! This is great! Look at me! I’m SU-PER GROVER!” exclaimed Grover as he flew over the audience doing loops.

The audience was impressed and began to cheer.

“Wow! Look at Grover Snuffy! He’s really flying!” exclaimed Big Bird.

“He sure is Bird!” said Snuffy.

Finally Grover decided to land and gently landed back on stage. He didn’t even crash.

“Ta-da!” he exclaimed.

Everyone else joined him onstage as they sang their final lines and then took a bow. Grover received the most applause.

“I’m sorry Grover. I shouldn’t have doubted you,” said Prairie coming over to Grover after they closed the curtain.

“It’s ok, you weren’t the only one,” said Grover.

“Huh?” said Prairie but Grover had already started to walk away.

Out in the audience Bert was talking to Karen and James. Bob and Linda were praising Cookie Monster for not eating anything during the play. Gordon and Susan were letting their son Miles try on Rosita’s police hat. Ernie was over talking to Maria and Luis about why he chose a firefighter. Telly was over explaining to Big Bird and Snuffy who Phillip Chapman was. David had headed back to Hooper’s Store since he couldn’t leave it alone for very long and Olivia had went with him.

Grover had no one to talk to.

“Oh well, I guess I’ll just go home,” thought Grover and started to turn back towards the stage.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Yes?” he asked as he turned around to face the unfamiliar person.

“Hi Grover. My name is Jake Bosco. You were great in the play!” said the newcomer.

“Oh, well thanks Jake, nice to meet you,” said Grover.

“That Super Grover thing is really cool!” said Jake.

“Thank you very much!” exclaimed Grover.

“I would like to talk to you about it a little bit more in fact,” said Jake.

“I’d be happy to tell you anything you’d like to know,” said Grover.

“Great! Can I buy you a milkshake at the store over there?” asked Jake pointing to Hoopers.

“Sure! I just need to put my stuff away,” said Grover.

“All right, I’ll meet you in five minutes,” said Jake.

“Ok!” said Grover and turned to run off.

Grover put his stuff away as quickly as he could and then ran to Hooper’s Store.

“All right Grover, let me tell you why I’m here first and then we’ll talk about Super Grover,” said Jake.

“Ok,” said Grover.

“I’m here from Hollywood. I work for a television studio and I’ve been looking for ideas for a new show. I think Super Grover would make a great television show and I want to talk to you about coming to Hollywood and starring in the show. What do you think?” said Jake.

Grover’s jaw dropped to the table.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wha ha ha! This is tremendous! Oh my goodness I can't even explain how well characterized this is! Wow! I love it! And it's stars Grover! My favorite SS character! Well I'm plopping in for this story too! :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan! I always love getting my first comment when I write a story! I LOVE Grover so I think I'll have some fun with this one! Anyway, expect an update tomorrow. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, next chapter!

Chapter Two:

“Excuse me, did I hear you right? You want ME, Grover, to come to Hollywood?” asked Grover.

“I sure do! You’re got a great thing going on! You’re cute, fuzzy and blue and then you turn into this fantastic super hero!” said Jake.

“Well, I guess I can agree with that!” exclaimed Grover.

“The concept will be great! You’re an average monster by day and a super hero by night! We’ll have you in all sorts of exciting plotlines saving lives! People will love it. You will be a star!” explained Jake.

“Wow, little old me? A star? That’s amazing!” said Grover.

Grover and Jake continued their conversation while everyone else began to strike the set from the play.

“Has anyone seen Grover? I wanted to apologize again and tell him what a great job he did,” said Prairie.

“Me not see him,” said Cookie Monster.

“The last time I saw him he was talking to some guy in the audience,” said Ernie.

“Yeah, I think he went to Hooper’s Store,” said Bert.

“Hmm, that’s strange,” said Prairie, “You guys keep cleaning up, and I’m going to see if I can find him.”

Prairie headed toward Hooper’s Store and went inside.

“Hi Prairie Dawn! Great play!” said David.

“Thanks David! Have you seen Grover?” said Prairie.

“Yeah, he’s over there talking to that guy,” said David. Then he leaned down and whispered “I think he said something about Hollywood and making Grover a star!”

“Hollywood!” exclaimed Prairie.

“Shh! I don’t want him to think we’re listening in!” whispered David.

Prairie sat down and joined David in trying to hear the conversation.

“We’d have to start production really soon. You’d have to leave here for awhile,” said Jake.

“Gosh, this is the only home I’ve ever known,” said Grover.

“Well that’s one of the hard parts of show business. But, you’d be able to come back here during hiatus, that’s the time of year that we wouldn’t film the show. Everyone needs a break every now and then,” explained Jake.

“Gee, it sounds great, but I don’t think I could leave my friends,” said Grover.

Prairie’s ears perked up when she heard that Grover was possibly turning it down.

“I gotta go David,” said Prairie and ran back to the others.

“You guys will never believe this!” she said when she got there and started telling everyone what she had heard.

Back at Hooper’s Jake told Grover to take the rest of the day to think about it and that he’d meet him back there in the morning to find out his decision.

They shook hands and then Grover got up. He had to talk to someone.

Prairie finished telling the story.

“Wow, that would be a great opportunity for him!” exclaimed Bert.

“It would, but he’s not sure if he wants to go! We have to convince him to go!” said Prairie.

“How we do that?” asked Cookie Monster.

“Si, I think that’s easier said than done. You know Grover,” said Rosita.

“What if we made him think we don’t need him around here anymore? Then he’d have to leave!” said Ernie.

“That would be so hard though. I love Grover,” said Rosita.

“Me too,” said Prairie.

“But if he doesn’t go to Hollywood he could regret it for the rest of his life!” exclaimed Telly.

“Then I guess Ernie’s right. This is what we have to do,” said Prairie.

“Bert and I will go spread the word so everyone knows what’s going on,” said Ernie.

Everyone scattered in different directions except for Prairie. It was at this moment that Grover came walking up.

“Prairie, I hope I did better today,” said Grover.

“Oh Grover, it was much…” Prairie started to say much better but then caught herself.

“Grover, it was just ok. Now if you excuse me I have some things to do,” said Prairie and wandered away.

“Gee, I thought it was pretty good. I mean if a guy from Hollywood liked it. Oh well,” thought Grover as he walked toward 123 Sesame Street.

Elmo, Ernie and Rosita were sitting on the steps talking when Grover approached them.

“Hi guys, what are you doing?” asked Grover.

“Deciding what game to play. But Grover can’t play with us,” said Elmo.

“Um, ok,” said Grover.

“Sorry mi amigo, it’s a three person game we’re trying to play” said Rosita.

“You can play with us next time,” said Ernie. With that the three of them got up and went inside.

“I wonder what is with people today. It seems that they do not like me,” said Grover out loud.

“That’s because they don’t. Now SCRAM!” exclaimed Oscar who had popped out of his can. He had no idea what was going on, but his normal attitude fit right in with Ernie’s plan.

Grover kept on walking past Big Bird’s nest and saw him and Snuffy reading a book.

“Hi Big Bird. What are you reading?” asked Grover.

“I would tell you but I’m not talking to you. I’m mad at you,” said Big Bird.

“You’re mad at me? Why?” asked Grover.

“Um..I don’t remember. Why am I mad at him Snuffy?” asked Big Bird.

“Because you are Bird. If I were you Grover, I’d leave Sesame Street. That’s how mad Bird is at you,” said Snuffy.

Grover was starting to get a little mad himself. He couldn’t think of anything he had done wrong or any reason for everyone to be treating him this way.

“Oh yeah? Well it just so happens that someone wants me to come to Hollywood to star in a TV show about SU-PER GROVER. I wasn’t going to go because I didn’t want to leave all of you, but maybe I will!” exclaimed Grover and stormed off.

“Yea! The plan worked Snuffy!” exclaimed Big Bird.

“Yeah, but I think we hurt Grover’s feelings Bird,” said Snuffy.

“Oh yeah, you’re right. Now what do we do?” asked Big Bird.

“I don’t know,” said Snuffy.

“Well, I know we’re supposed to meet Prairie and the others, so let’s go!” said Big Bird.

Prairie gathered everyone together at Hooper’s Store. A few of the adults on Sesame Street were also there even though they hadn’t been in on the plan. David had filled them in on Grover’s meeting with Jake, but not about how Prairie and the others were going to convince him to go.

“Prairie Dawn! It worked! He’s going!” yelled Big Bird when he came in the door.

“What worked Big Bird? Who’s going where?” asked Susan.

Everyone looked at Prairie Dawn.

“Well…” she started and then told the whole story. Ernie explained that it was his idea and then Big Bird told everyone how mad Grover was now. Suddenly everyone was talking at once.

“What if Grover hates us forever and never comes back?”

“Who will take care of him when he’s in Hollywood!”

“What if he forgets all about us when he’s famous?”

“What if he not get cookies to eat?”

“He can count the stars on the walk of fame! Ah, Ah, Ah!”

“This is all my fault.”

“HOLD IT! Everyone calm down,” shouted Gordon trying to regain control of the room.

“All right, we all know that this is something that could be very good for Grover,” said Gordon.

“But, we need to fix the situation that he thinks we’re all mad at him,” said Susan.

“What if we threw him a surprise goodbye party and told him how much we love him and what a great star he’ll make?” suggested Maria.

“Ooh! Elmo loves parties!” exclaimed Elmo.

“That’s a great idea,” said Prairie.

“All right, we need to get this planned out, it sounds like he’d be leaving soon,” said Gordon.

Meanwhile Grover had decided to go back to Hooper’s Store and get himself a milkshake to feel better. As he approached he saw everyone gathered together without him.

“What is going on? A party without me? This is the last straw!” he thought to himself and stormed inside.

“Grover! What are you doing here?” exclaimed David to get everyone’s attention.

“I’m just here to tell you all that since none of you seem to appreciate me anymore and think I’m just a clumsy monster, that I am leaving Sesame Street. I’m going to go to Hollywood where I’ve been asked to star in a show about Super Grover. I’m telling the producer tomorrow and I’ll be leaving soon. So now you’ve got your wishes,” exclaimed Grover and ran out.

“All right we need to find out when he’s leaving and the sooner we can throw the party the better,” said Gordon and everyone agreed.

They continued making plans hoping they didn’t hurt their furry friend too badly.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh poor Grover! I can't believe it! But it's just soooo Sesame Street of them to try and make him go that way! Oh but poor Grover!

More please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<sees story>
<wants to read>
<wimpers>

<sigh> If my teachers decide to give me a break tomorrow... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's not fair! I wanna read it NOW! Grrr................... I'm sure it's wonderful! I'm absolutely positive that it's wonderful, because- and I meant to mention- when I looked back at your last story the other day to reference it, I got all choked up again- so I KNOW that this one is wonderful, too! And I want to read it....... <wimpers>

<forces self to return to homework>

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
<sees story>
<wants to read>
<wimpers>

<sigh> If my teachers decide to give me a break tomorrow... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's not fair! I wanna read it NOW! Grrr................... I'm sure it's wonderful! I'm absolutely positive that it's wonderful, because- and I meant to mention- when I looked back at your last story the other day to reference it, I got all choked up again- so I KNOW that this one is wonderful, too! And I want to read it....... <wimpers>

<forces self to return to homework>
Oh don't worry Lisa! It will still be here when you have time. :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Pst. Guess who has almost no homework tonight? SQUEE!

Oh my golly good gosh graciousness! Let me tell you, Beth, I was quite literally shaking at the end of chapter one! Oh, and now I'm so excited and I want to know what happens and I love every inch of it and SQUEEEEEEEE!

I LOVE love love the dorm references- Prairie's friend Kathy, and Telly's Phillip Chapman costume- Oh, I adore it! And Karen and James are there! Oh it makes me so HAPPY inside! Yay!

And poor Grover! Oh, he needs about five thousand hugs or so... OOH, I love getting excited for stories, and you're so good at making me get excited for them! YAY!

MORE PLEASE! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE PLEASE!!!!!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Cookie M: Me not think me can stand Grover away. *tears up*

Herry: Don't worry Cookie. We'll get Grover back.

Guys it's only a story. Don't worry Beth will finish it when she has time.

Grover: Story about me, Grover. Ahhhhhhh.....

Keep up the good work Beth. I'm enjoying so much. Can't wait for more to come.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hee-hee, thanks Kyle and roomies! Yes, no worries, it's just a story about Grover. He wouldn't leave Sesame Street forever...or would he? Keep reading to find out! Hopefully I'll have an update later today.