SST Fan Fic - A Hollywood Adventure

Barry Lee

Reaction score
This is good at least it's not like my old fanfic lol. Good job.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Barry :smile:

Ok, so I was going to update this today, but I got very little sleep last night and my brain was not functioning today, so I didn't write anymore. I promise more soon though!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
And once again, life gets in the way.

I feel bad because you all have just gotten a taste of this story, but I won't be able to update it until Monday at the earliest. I'm going on a marriage prepatory retreat this weekend with my fiance and I won't be near a computer much! I thought I'd get ahead with work today, but didn't happen. So anyway, thanks for the nice comments so far and I hope to have a new chapter up by Monday.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I see. You've been kidnapped by your life? Happens to me all the time... unfortunately....

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Poor Beth, well it happens to all of us at one point...Can't wait for more! :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
So I managed to pay some ransom and my life decided to free me from being hostaged, which simply means...I have some time again so I was able to write an update! So, enjoy this next chapter!

Chapter Three:

Grover met Jake the first thing the next morning. Prairie was also waiting so she could listen in to find out when Grover would be leaving so they would know when to throw the surprise party.

“Hi Grover. So, what do you think?” asked Jake.

“I want to do it!” said Grover.

“Super! We’ll have to get you to Hollywood very soon,” said Jake.

“How soon?” asked Grover.

“Well, I can get us both a flight out tomorrow morning, but I don’t know if that’ll give you enough time,” said Jake.

Prairie gasped. “We’ll have to act fast!” she thought to herself.

“I think I can make that work,” said Grover.

“Ok, then I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning!” exclaimed Jake and left Hooper’s Store to go back to the Furry Arms Hotel and make some phone calls.

“Wow! I have packing to do!” said Grover and rushed out of Hooper’s as well.

“And I’ve got work to do!” exclaimed Prairie.

Prairie ran to Gordon and Susan’s to give them the latest information. They agreed that the party had to happen that evening. It was arranged to be held in the play yard right between Hooper’s Store and 123 Sesame Street. Now all they needed was to get Grover to come. Gordon called together all the Sesame Street residents who were able to come over and help set up.

“How will we get Grover to come to the party? He’s so mad at us,” Prairie asked Gordon.

“Well Prairie that’s a good question,” pondered Gordon.

“What if we figured out a way to get him to come in his Super Grover costume?” suggested Susan.

“That’s it! We’ll tell him we need help and only Super Grover can help us! That will get him to come for sure!” exclaimed Prairie.

“Ok, so who’s going to go and beg him for help?” asked Susan.

“Well, we need someone who can be sort of an alarmist,” said Gordon.

Everyone turned and looked at Telly.

“Whaaatt? So I worry a lot, it’s just who I am,” said Telly.

“We know and that’s why you need to go and get Grover to come down here,” said Prairie.

“Oh all right,” said Telly.

Everyone continued to work all day on setting up the party and when they were ready they told Telly to go get Grover.

“Oh boy, what if I screw this up and they’re all counting on me, oh no,” thought Telly to himself as he walked down to Grover’s apartment.

“Here goes nothing,” said Telly when he arrived.

“Grover! Hurry we neeeed you!” shouted Telly up to Grover’s window.

“Who’s that? I guess I should go look,” thought Grover and went over to the window.

“Oh, it’s you Telly. Well, I’m really too busy right now packing so I can’t come down and help you,” said Grover.

“But it’s an emergency! Only Super Grover can help us,” said Telly.

“I told you I’m really busy…did you say Su-per Grover?” asked Grover.

“Yes! We need him right away!” exclaimed Telly.

“Ok, ok. Have no fear Super Grover is here!” said Grover and hurried into his costume. He ran down the stairs and met up with Telly.

“Where is this emergency?” asked Grover.

“Down in the play yard by Hooper’s Store! Hurry!” exclaimed Telly.

“Ok let’s go!” said Grover as he took off at a run.

“Hey! Wait for me!” yelled Telly. Now he was worried, he was supposed to get there a little bit ahead of Grover so everyone knew he was coming.

“Now what do I do?” thought Telly as he ran after Grover.

“Don’t worry everyone Sup-er Grover is on the way!” proclaimed Grover as he passed 123 Sesame Street.

“Grover wait up!” yelled Telly. All he could hope was that the noise they were making was enough for everyone to hear.

“Hey, I think Grover is coming!” said Big Bird.

“Ok, everyone hide!” said Prairie.

“Super Grover is here to save the day!” yelled Grover as he stopped at the play yard. He didn’t even notice the “Farewell Grover” sign or any of the decorations.

“There is no emergency here!” said Grover as Telly finally caught up to him.

“No there isn’t,” said Telly.

“SURPRISE!” exclaimed everyone as they came out of hiding.

“What?” asked a confused Grover.

“Congratulations Grover! This is a going away party for you to tell you how proud we are of you and how much we’re going to miss you!” said Susan.

“Really? For me?” asked Grover.

“All for you Grover. You mean a lot to us and we wanted to show you that,” said Gordon.

“But we also want to wish you luck on your big break!” said Prairie.

“I thought you all were mad at me, the way everyone was ignoring me yesterday,” said Grover.

“Well, that was a little trick we played on you. We heard you maybe weren’t going to go and thought we could help make the decision if we were kind of mean,” said Prairie a little sheepishly.

“Yeah, I could never be mad at you Grover!” said Big Bird.

“I’m really sorry,” said Prairie.

“It’s ok, I’m just glad that you are all not mad at me,” said Grover.

“What are we waiting for! It’s a fiesta! Let’s party!” exclaimed Rosita as the music began to play.

All of Sesame Street had turned out to wish Grover well. Ernie and Bert were there as well as Cookie Monster, Elmo, Herry Monster, The Two-Headed Monster and various other monsters. All of the adults were there. Big Bird and Snuffy were there. Even Oscar was hanging out in the shadows of everything. There were also miscellaneous Honkers, Dingers and animals that came to wish Grover well.

Grover danced with lots of different people. Everyone ate the delicious food that David provided courtesy of Hooper’s Store. Soon though, it was getting late and it was time to say goodbye.

“Well Grover, this is it. You are going to be so great in Hollywood,” said Gordon.

“We are all so proud of you,” said Olivia.

“Thank you all so much,” said Grover.

“Grover, don’t forget to take good care of yourself,” said Maria.

“I will, I’ll get lots of sleep and I’ll eat right,” said Grover.

“Eat cookies!” exclaimed Cookie Monster.

“Hey Grover, don’t forget to call us every once and awhile and tell us how things are going,” said Susan.

“Oh, I definitely will call. How else will I know what’s happening back here?” said Grover.

“Elmo wants to know when we can watch Grover’s new show,” said Elmo.

“Well, I don’t know for sure, but I’ll let you all know when it will be on,” said Grover.

"You can count the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! Ah, Ah, Ah!" said the Count.

"Um, ok Count," said Grover.

“We’ll miss you Grover,” said Big Bird.

“I’ll miss you guys too Big Bird. I really should get going now. I have that early flight,” said Grover a little sadly.

He then went around and thanked everyone and gave them all hugs. Even Oscar wished Grover well. "Good luck you floppy, furry, annoying monster," he said.

"Gee thanks Oscar. That's almost a compliment!" exclaimed Grover.

“Don’t forget us when you’re a big star!” said Bob as Grover began to walk away.

“I could never forget you guys!” laughed Grover turning around. He waved one more time and then hurried home to get some sleep.

He had a hard time falling asleep. The party was fun and he was glad to see that his friends really did care about him. It was so hard to say goodbye. But, he was only going away for a little while and he was really excited about going to Hollywood and being on television.

Eventually he fell asleep, but morning came very quickly. Grover jumped out of bed and grabbed his suitcase. Herry had agreed to come by everyday and feed his fish so Grover didn’t need to worry about that. So, he shut the door to the apartment and hurried down the stairs.

To his amazement there was a limo waiting outside.

“What is this?” he thought.

“Good morning Grover! I thought you might like receiving the star treatment before you arrive in Hollywood so we’re taking a limo to the airport,” said Jake.

“Wow! I have never been in a limo before!” exclaimed Grover.

“Well, get used to it, this is how your life is going to be!” said Jake.

“I think I could get used to that,” said Grover as he stepped inside the limo.

He looked out the window at the Sesame Street sign as the limo pulled away. He was sad to leave, but looking forward to his new adventure.

“Here goes nothing,” he thought to himself and smiled.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yay!!! For more story!!!

I'm loving this more and more each chapter! Telly's scene was great! And I loved the party and the goodbyes.

More please! :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh, party! Party makes me happy! Happy makes me... um... HAPPY!

...Yeah, that was a really intelligent statement... :rolleyes:

The point is, Beth, I love it!!!!!! And, naturally, I want more.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Four:

The flight to Hollywood from New York was very long. Another limo was waiting when they arrived to take them to the studio. First, the limo stopped in front of a fancy condo in the Hollywood hills.

“Why are we stopping here?” asked Grover.

“Well, this is your new home!” exclaimed Jake.

“Wow! All this for little me?” asked Grover.

“All for you! Come on, let’s go look around before we go meet with the producers at the studio,” said Jake.

There was a huge deck on the back that overlooked all of Hollywood and had a pool. The kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms were huge. And this was just a condo!

“Wow, this is just so cool!” exclaimed Grover.

“Well, you’re a star now and this is how stars should be treated,” said Jake.

Grover continued to walk around in amazement.

“What about my luggage? I should go get it!” said Grover.

“No worries, the limo driver already brought it in for you. See, it’s over there,” said Jake.

“Gosh, I think I like being a star!” exclaimed Grover.

“Ok, we should head to the studios, we can’t be late,” said Jake. They hurried out to the limo and drove away to the studio where the show would be taped.

Grover was introduced to the producers, director and writers for the show which they had decided to title “The Adventures of Super Grover.” He learned they would begin shooting by the end of the week and hoped to have the show up and on the air by the end of the month. He also received a schedule of interviews and promos that he would have to attend.

“This is a lot of information to remember!” exclaimed Grover.

“Well, I kind of figured it might be a little challenging since you’re new to this, so I’ve hired you an assistant,” said Jake.

“Oh, that’s nice,” said Grover.

“And here she is now! Grover, this is Mindy, Mindy this is Grover,” said Jake leading Grover over to a younger red headed woman.

“Hello Mindy, it’s nice to meet you,” said Grover being polite as usual but beginning to feel overwhelmed.

“Hi Grover, I know what you’re thinking right now. You’re thinking that this is a lot to take in all in one day. That’s why I’m here though. I’ll make sure to help you in any way you need me,” said Mindy.

“Thanks,” said Grover.

“All right then, I suppose you’re tired from your flight and this was a pretty packed day. Why don’t you go home and get some rest. The driver will be back for you tomorrow morning at 8:00 so you can come back here for practice,” said Jake.

“Ok,” said Grover. He realized Jake wasn’t going with him this time and he would be on his own. He got inside the limo and decided he felt a little homesick. When he got to his new home, he decided to call Sesame Street.

“I hope it’s not too late there,” he thought remembering a time difference. He dialed the number to Hooper’s Store.

It rang several times before David’s voice came on a recording “Hello, you have reached Hooper’s Store; our hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily. Sorry we’ve missed your call; please try again during store hours.”

“Shoot, they’re already closed,” thought Grover. With that he decided he had to start moving on with things and moved to start unpacking his suitcase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few days Grover settled into a routine and even began to have some fun. Mindy was extremely helpful. He liked the storylines that they had written for Super Grover. But, he was getting nervous because his first big television appearance was coming up. He was going on the Ellen DeGeneres show.

“Ok Grover, you will be on with Ellen for about five minutes. She’ll ask you some questions and all you have to do is answer them. She’ll ask you about the show and some things like that,” said Mindy.

“I can handle that, I’m learning a lot about the show!” laughed Grover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of days later on Sesame Street a crowd were gathering at Hooper’s Store.

“Turn on the television David, we don’t want to miss it!” exclaimed Prairie.

“I wonder if he’s nervous, I would be so nervous,” said Telly.

“Me wonder if he get cookies backstage,” said Cookie.

They had all gathered to watch the Ellen DeGeneres show. Grover had managed to call Hooper’s Store when it was open and had given a quick message to David to tell everyone to watch him on the show.

“I will count the questions that she asks him! Ah, Ah, Ah!” said the Count.

“How did he sound on the phone David? Did he sound good? Is he getting enough sleep?” asked Maria.

“He sounded good, he seemed really excited. But he was busy, we didn’t get to talk long,” said David.

“Well, I just can’t wait to see him, he’s going to be so good!” exclaimed Olivia.

“Guys! Be quiet, it’s starting!” said Big Bird.

“It’s the Ellen DeGeneres show! On today’s show Ellen welcomes the star of the new Adventures of Super Grover, Grover Monster! Also on today’s show singing sensation Kelly Clarkson!” said the Announcer.

“Yea Grover!” cheered Ernie.

“Wow, he gets to meet Kelly Clarkson!” said Bert.

“Welcome to the show everyone!” said Ellen and began her opening monologue.

Backstage Grover was getting increasingly nervous. Mindy was there with him as well as Jake.

“You’re going to be great Grover!” said Mindy.

“Hey, you’ll get used to doing these appearances and then they’ll be a piece of cake,” said Jake.

“I just don’t want to do anything stupid and look like a fool,” said Grover.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” said Mindy.

The music started up again as Ellen returned from a commercial.

“My first guest is someone new to television. He’s starring in a brand new show premiering later this month based on a character he created. Please welcome Grover Monster!” exclaimed Ellen.

The audience applauded and the music started up.

“Here goes nothing,” thought Grover.

He walked out on the soundstage and like other stars that came on Ellen’s show he started dancing with her for a minute.

“This is fun!” he thought. The music ended and then they sat down.

“Well, welcome Grover! You’ve got some pretty good moves for a monster,” said Ellen.

“Thank you! You’re a good dancer too,” said Grover.

“So, you created this character called Super Grover. How did you come up with that?” asked Ellen.

“Um…I like helping people so I always turn into Super Grover when people need help!” said Grover.

The audience laughed.

“That’s interesting. So, how did you get discovered to come here and make a show about it?” asked Ellen.

“I was in this play that my friend wrote. Her name is Prairie Dawn. She likes writing plays and having her friends perform them for the kids where we live,” explained Grover.

“That’s me! He said my name!” said an excited Prairie Dawn back at Sesame Street.

“Anyway, this producer guy was there and he asked me to come here. It was pretty simple really,” said Grover.

“Wow, if it could only be that simple for the rest of us,” said Ellen. Again the audience laughed.

“He’s doing pretty well,” said Maria.

“I still can’t believe our little Grover is on TV!” exclaimed Susan.

Ellen asked a few more questions about the show and then thanked Grover for coming. She told everyone when they could catch the show and then went to commercial.

“Thank you for having me Miss DeGeneres,” said Grover.

“Please, call me Ellen. You are one polite and very nice little monster,” said Ellen.

“Thank you very much!” exclaimed Grover and hurried offstage. Jake had left but Mindy was still there.

“Grover you were great!” she said giving him a hug.

“Thanks, it was fun!” said Grover.

“Ok, we’ve got to get to the studio, we tape in 15 minutes,” said Mindy.

“15 minutes!? I don’t even get a break?” exclaimed Grover.

“Unfortunately you don’t. That’s the nature of Hollywood,” said Mindy and quickly hurried Grover out to the waiting limo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on Sesame Street everyone was happily chatting about how great Grover was and what a big star he would be.

Someone else had watched the show too in a theatre not too far away.

“What? No! This is wrong! What is he doing!” exclaimed a familiar voice.

“What’s wrong Boss?” asked another familiar friend.

“When I left them to come here and run this show I told them to all take care of one another and watch out for one another, especially him! And now he’s out in Hollywood? There’s something wrong here!” exclaimed the first voice.

“Hey it’s that blue guy from Sesame Street that you’re always talking about!” said yet another voice.

“I’ve got to go to Sesame Street and figure out what’s going on, this is just not right,” said the first voice again.

“All right Kermit, we’ll hold down the fort,” said Scooter.

“Maybe he was abducted by Simon Cowell and forced to become a singing, tap dancing ninja on a variety show!” exclaimed Gonzo.

“I don’t think that’s what happened, but like I said, I’m going to find out,” said Kermit.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh my goodness! This is just amazing Beth! And this line is outstanding!

redBoobergurl said:
“Maybe he was abducted by Simon Cowell and forced to become a singing, tap dancing ninja on a variety show!” exclaimed Gonzo.
Grrrreat chapter! Can't wait for more!