SST Fan Fic - A Hollywood Adventure

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan! I wanted to write as much of that scene as possible before giving away who they were even though I'm sure it was obvious! And it was a fun way to include Kermit in the story! :smile: Hope to have more up in the next day or so.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
OOH! Oh, I know that familiar voice! And that one, too! And... oh, I'm so excited now! ....I mean, okay, I've been excited for the entire length of the story, but now I'm like.... EEEEEE! Oh! And now there's this funny little lightbulb turning on... <tries to hide lightbulb> Um, post more soon, please! Please oh pretty please with sugar and canaries on top!

....Canaries? What the hey?....<shakes head>

<dancing around> Oh, I want more story please, I'm noticeably more impatient for it than usual... <dancing around>

Edit: Ack, you ziffled me!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Cool to see Kermit in the story. Keep it up.

Herry: I loved how you danced there Grover.

Grover: :embarrassed: Thank you Herry.

Cookie M: Me like it too. *eatting more cookies*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's a shorty. :smile:

Chapter Five:

Grover and Mindy arrived to the studio in record time.

“I’m a little hungry, do you think I can eat something real quick before we start filming?” asked Grover as they walked inside.

“Well…they wanted you right on set, but I thought you might be hungry, so here, I brought you an apple,” said Mindy.

“Thank you! Oh Mindy, you are the nicest person I have ever met!” exclaimed Grover.

“Well, it’s my job to make sure you’re happy. But just for the record, I happen to be a pretty big fan of yours too,” said Mindy.

“Ah thanks,” said Grover blushing. Then he began to eat his apple.

“There’s my star! Hurry, we’ve only got a few hours to tape these scenes while the guest star is here so we’ve got to get going,” said Jake.

“Ok, I’m coming!” said Grover hurrying after Jake.

“Your work is never done my friend,” said Jake as he pushed Grover into the makeup room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back at the Muppet Theater Kermit was racing around packing a bag. It wasn’t a far trip to Sesame Street, but he would have to stay overnight.

“Uncle Kermit, where are you going?” asked Robin.

“Well Robin, I have to go to Sesame Street. There’s a little problem,” said Kermit.

“Can I go with you? Please? I never get to go there!” exclaimed the young frog.

“Not this time Robin. This time I’m going on business. Besides, I took you there once,” said Kermit.

“Yeah, but that’s when we were on the run from that bad Lloyd guy,” said Robin.

“I suppose you’re right. But trust me Robin; this isn’t a trip for fun. I’ll take you there another time,” said Kermit.

“Well, what’s wrong?” asked Robin suddenly worried about his Uncle’s friends.

“It’s Grover. Something is not right,” said Kermit.

“Oh no! Not Grover!” exclaimed Robin.

“Yes, it’s Grover. Now, you be good for Rowlf and Miss Piggy. I’ve asked them to look after you,” said Kermit.

“I can take care of myself Uncle Kermit,” pouted Robin.

“Of course you can little man, but you need to be reminded when to go to bed! Besides, we’ll have lots of fun,” said Rowlf entering the room.

“How long will vous be gone?” asked Piggy also entering the room.

“Not long I hope. Maybe a couple of days. I’ll call if it ends up being longer,” said Kermit picking up his bag.

“Well, have a good trip buddy,” said Rowlf.

“Bye Uncle Kermit!” said Robin.

“Au revour mon amour,” said Miss Piggy.

With that Kermit hopped on his bicycle and set off for Sesame Street. If he hurried, he’d get there before Hooper’s Store closed at 8:00.

As he peddled, he remembered how he came to Sesame Street so many years ago. He had left the swamp to follow his dreams of going to Hollywood and making movies. He ended up at Sesame Street and liked it so much he stayed awhile. He even got his start in show business as a correspondent for Sesame Street news. Eventually he set back out on his journey, met his other friends and found the fame and fortune he was looking for. Now he was happy at the Muppet Theater. He didn’t need the glam and glitz of Hollywood to fulfill his dreams. Sure, it was the best place to get started on his career, but once he and his friends had made it, they could work wherever they wanted.

Maybe this was what bothered him so much about seeing Grover out there. But it was more than that. Something about the whole situation made him very uncomfortable. Either way, he knew he’d figure some things out once he arrived at Sesame Street.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They finally finished taping the show for the day around 7:00 pm. Grover was exhausted.

“I am so tired. I think I could just fall asleep standing up,” said Grover.

“I understand that Grover. You go home and get some rest,” said Mindy.

“Nope, he can’t go home yet,” said Jake coming up behind them.

“Why not? Can’t you see how tired he is?” asked Mindy sternly.

“Because there’s a party he needs to attend tonight for all those starring in new shows coming out this month,” said Jake.

“Ok, since when have you become his social secretary? You’re not his agent!” exclaimed Mindy.

“Well, I know what’s best for his career, so I’ll be his agent,” said Jake.

“You can’t be the agent and one of the producers of this show!” yelled Mindy.

Grover watched the two of them fighting very nervously. He really liked Mindy and didn’t want her to leave. But he also figured Jake knew what he was talking about so they probably should listen to him.

“He has to attend this party. It’s just too important to miss,” said Jake.

“Look at him! He needs his rest! The show premieres next week! He’ll have more talk shows and everything, not to mention the party for the premiere! He can miss this one!” exclaimed Mindy getting right up into Jake’s face.

Jake looked over at Grover who was barely able to stand up.

“All right, he can go home and rest. But next week he can’t miss anything!” exclaimed Jake and walked away.

“All right Grover, let’s get you home,” said Mindy.

“Ok,” said Grover still a little concerned about what he had just witnessed.

“I’m sorry about that Grover. I’m just looking out for your well-being. Jake can be kind of stubborn sometimes,” said Mindy.

“It’s ok. I understand,” said Grover. They were silent as they continued walking to the door. The limo was waiting to take Grover home.

“Oh Mindy?” said Grover as he got into the limo.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“Thank you,” said Grover. He got inside and the driver closed the door. Another long day was over for him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kermit arrived on Sesame Street just as the sun was starting to set.

“Good, I’m not too late,” he thought as he parked his bicycle outside of Hooper’s Store. He walked inside.

“Kermit! It’s so good to see you! I didn’t know you were coming for a visit,” said David.

“Why did he go? What’s going on?” asked Kermit a little angrily.

“Who? What are you talking about?” asked David.

“Grover. Why did he go to Hollywood?” asked Kermit.

“Oh, that. It’s a long story,” said David.

“I’ve got time,” said Kermit.

“Let me make some calls,” said David.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yay!! :excited: I love it! It's so great to see Kermit and the others! And Grover needs a hug!! (I know I know, that's Lisa's line...)

But, hasn't Robin been to Sesame Street twice? :wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Yay!! :excited: I love it! It's so great to see Kermit and the others! And Grover needs a hug!! (I know I know, that's Lisa's line...)

But, hasn't Robin been to Sesame Street twice? :wink:
This is true, but I couldn't figure out a way to write the other story into this one! Sorry Ryan! But....keep watching, there will be a reference you will like in the future and that's all I'm going to say. :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
BETH, I COULD JUST HUG YOU! Heck, I WILL hug you! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh my gosh and good golly graciousness! I love it! THANK YOU so much, I am SO glad that my little roomie remembers that Lloyd guy... Actually, I'm sure it was a bit traumatic for him, but... ok, I'll stop rambling. Thank you! Did you notice that I referenced this story in my last chap. of Swamp Call? And now you referenced me, and I was already planning.... shoot, I'm saying too much as usual- my point is I LOVE IT!

And I love Mindy! And I love that Kermit took his bicycle to Sesame street! And I... I love... I love all of it! MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
BETH, I COULD JUST HUG YOU! Heck, I WILL hug you! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh my gosh and good golly graciousness! I love it! THANK YOU so much, I am SO glad that my little roomie remembers that Lloyd guy... Actually, I'm sure it was a bit traumatic for him, but... ok, I'll stop rambling. Thank you! Did you notice that I referenced this story in my last chap. of Swamp Call? And now you referenced me, and I was already planning.... shoot, I'm saying too much as usual- my point is I LOVE IT!

And I love Mindy! And I love that Kermit took his bicycle to Sesame street! And I... I love... I love all of it! MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you liked it! I think I might have missed the last chapter of Swamp Call somehow or just didn't catch the reference. I'm going to go read it again right now!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
So yeah, just wanted to let you all know, I haven't forgotten about this story, but once again, my life is holding me hostage, so I haven't been able to update and probably won't be able to until at least Monday. How dare my friend get married this weekend! :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hehe, I know the feeling Beth. My life has been holding me hostage, too. How dare my cousin get married last weekend? :smile: Anyways, enjoy the wedding, and as always I look forward to when you have time to post more story.