1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

SST Old School Outlines

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by cjd874, Jul 12, 2014.

1. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Number 78!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 78

Season 10: Big Bird’s opposites show

Sponsors: F, Z, 7

Scene 1/Insert: The Deadly Nightshade performs “Keep on the Sunny Side”

Cartoon: Sign Man – “BURP”

Muppets: Two aliens recite the alphabet (with futuristic music and film editing)

Cartoon: Flying Z in space

Scene 2: Olivia welcomes the viewer and notices that Big Bird is spinning around in the arbor area. It turns out that he’s trying to see what his back looks like. Olivia says that most people can’t see their backs. Big Bird doesn’t understand, so Olivia explains the difference between front and back, and how they’re opposites. Big Bird is fascinated by this concept and asks Olivia to list some opposites. Afterwards, he decides to stage an opposites show on Sesame Street.

Cartoon: Frankenstein learns about the meaning of front and back

Muppets: Grover the elevator operator shows front and back with his passengers

Film: The Mad Painter #7

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – F is for Fly

Film: Three kids figure out how to retrieve a missing jack for their game of jacks. One girl uses a magnet, ties it to her friend’s string, and lowers the magnet to attract the jack.

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #7

Muppets/Celebrity: Ray Charles performs “I’ve Got a Song” with Bert on bass guitar and Ernie on drums

Cartoon: A boy rescues a baby bird in distress. Later when the boy finds himself in trouble, the baby bird’s mother helps the boy.

Scene 3: Big Bird begins the show with the Count, who counts to 10 twice to show the difference between “fast” and “slow.” Olivia, Mr. Hooper, Luis, David, and several kids are in the audience.

Muppets/Song: Farley learns how to “Sound It Out” from Same Sound Brown (voiced by Northern Calloway)

Film: Adding and subtracting clothes on a clothesline

Cartoon: Filbert’s Flea Circus

Scene 4: Big Bird presents Herry Monster, who shows heavy and light. First he picks up a feather, which is light. Then he picks up a tall stack of bricks and holds it up until he falls under its weight, causing a massive crash.

Cartoon: A mouse tries to remember where he lost his pet elephant

Muppet/Kid Moment: Cookie Monster and Jason talk about LOVE

Cartoon/Song: “I Love Being a Pig” (written by Joe Raposo)

Film: Snow cones in the city

Cartoon: Two heads think of F words (Poverty Pictures)

Scene 5: Big Bird presents the Amazing Mumford, who shows in and out with help from his rabbit (played by Richard Hunt). The rabbit refuses to come out of the hat, so Mumford uses his magic wand. After a puff of smoke, the rabbit is still in the hat, so Mumford tempts him with a carrot. The rabbit hops out to munch on the carrot, thus showing “in” and “out.”

Cartoon: A boy figures out how to push a giant dollhouse through a narrow door

Film: Footage of birds on land

Muppets: Don Music writes “Mary Had a Bicycle” with help from Kermit the Frog

Muppet/Kid Moment: Grover and Heather count from 1-20

Cartoon: Two arms hug the word “LOVE”

Cartoon: Z is for Zipper (speech balloon)

Scene 6: Big Bird takes his turn with a birdseed milkshake prepared by “your friend and mine, Mr. Looper!” He shows that the glass is full, and then proceeds to make the glass empty by drinking the entire milkshake!

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper tries to trick someone by giving someone a high five while holding a joy buzzer. However, the trick backfires when Harvey’s would-be victim slaps a number 5 on Harvey’s chest instead!

Cartoon/Song: The Alligator King #7 (animation and vocals by Bud Luckey)

Celebrity: Edith Ann talks about a disgusting sandwich she made (featuring Lily Tomlin)

Film/Song: “Everybody Eats” (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Ernie has a banana in his ear. When Bert tries to point this out, Ernie says, “I can’t hear you Bert…I have a banana in my ear!” (part 1)

Cartoon: Z is for Zebu (consonant sound poem by Bud Luckey)

Muppets: Ernie explains that he has a banana in his ear to keep the alligators away. Bert says that there are no alligators on Sesame Street, and Ernie replies, “Right! It works pretty well, doesn’t it Bert?” (part 2)

Cartoon: 30 dots (perfect take)

Scene 7: Big Bird has one last demonstration. He says that the audience saw the beginning of the show, and now this is the end! Everyone applauds and cheers for Big Bird while Mumford and his rabbit announce the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, the Amazing Mumford, Farley, AMs

Richard Hunt as Don Music, Rabbit, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit the Frog, AMs

sesamemuppetfan and WhoseLineFan like this.
  2. muppetgem

muppetgem Active Member

These are great. They sound like they could very well be real episodes.

3. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much @muppetgem ! I usually don't get written feedback from other users, so it's nice to see that people enjoy what I write. I want to restate something I told @sesamemuppetfan a while ago on this thread:

"I own the SS Old School 1 & 2 DVD sets and have watched them multiple times, and I've downloaded some of the classic episodes from iTunes. So while I'm definitely not the next Norman Stiles or Jerry Juhl, I feel that I've got a good sense of what kind of humor was used on the Street back in the day. And the SST Episode Guide on Muppet Wiki is a good source for finding cartoons, films, and Muppet sketches, too!" [EDIT: YouTube is also a great source too, especially with the recent abundance of complete vintage episodes.]

So as long as there's an audience and as long as I come up with ideas, I'll keep writing. I originally planned to stop after 40 outlines and now I'm working on my 80th (!!!) outline, which is coming soon. But for now, here's number 79 with a true fan-favorite Muppet who only appeared a handful of times during the 1970s...Frazzle! Also featuring Oscar, David Maria, Luis, Ernie, Bert, and Mr. MacIntosh!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 79

Season 8: Mr. MacIntosh gives dance lessons/Oscar is afraid of Frazzle

Sponsors: G, P, 8

Scene 1: David and Maria sing “Tu Me Gustas (I Like You)” to each other.

Cartoon: P is for Picnic

Muppets: Cookie Monster shows the word “AMOR”

Film: The Mad Painter #8

Cartoon: I thought a thought about small things… (art by Cliff Roberts)

Film/Song: Henson #8

Scene 2: David introduces a young monster named Frazzle to Maria, Gordon, Susan, and the kids. Then he introduces Frazzle to Oscar, who quickly ducks back into his can, frightened by the monster’s appearance.

Cartoon: A gorilla that knows G words applies for a job

Film: Building a log cabin

Cast: Luis desperately looks for “AGUA” in the desert, without success. Fortunately, it starts to rain and Luis finally has the “AGUA” that he needs.

Cartoon: G is for Goat

Scene 3: Oscar refuses to come out of his trashcan if Frazzle’s still outside. After a while, he pops out wearing a scary mask. Frazzle runs off in terror. As the adults chase after him, Oscar realizes that he might have made a mistake.

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford’s pillar trick (featuring Grover and Herry Monster)

Cartoon: Two girls talk about being scared. One claims that she never gets scared. The other one leaves and returns with a big monster mask, scaring the first girl.

Celebrity: Bill Cosby and his “twin” recite the alphabet

Scene 4: Oscar admits to the adults that he wore his mask because Frazzle looks scary and he was afraid that Frazzle would hurt him. Maria explains that just because somebody looks different doesn’t mean he or she is a bad person. David says that it’s okay to be scared, but tells Oscar to just say hello to Frazzle to overcome his fear. Oscar finally greets Frazzle, who makes his trademark noise. Oscar finds this sound extremely annoying and enjoyable at the same time! Oscar and Frazzle go back and forth with some loud, grouchy noises as the adults smile.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #8

Muppets/Song: “The Song of the Count”

Cartoon: P is for Pole, Pail, Paint, Propeller, Plug, Postman, Pigeon, Parachute, Pepper, and Parasol

Film: Different types of animal coverings (skin, feathers, fur, scales, wool, etc.)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – P is for Pencil

Muppets: At night, Ernie wonders how many sides a circle has. His ongoing musings keep Bert up.

Cartoon/Song: Penny Candy Man #8 (animation and vocals by Bud Luckey)

Scene 5: Mr. MacIntosh entertains David, Maria, Susan, Gordon, Big Bird, and some kids with a soft-shoe dance routine. Susan asks Mr. MacIntosh how he learned to dance, and Mr. MacIntosh reflects on his first lesson and first dance performance as a child (flashback sequences included). This tale inspires Big Bird, and he asks for a dance lesson. Mr. MacIntosh agrees, and the adults decide to join in too.

Cartoon: A guitarist is drawn onscreen as English- and Spanish-speaking children try to guess what is being drawn.

Film/Song: “Two is You and Me” (written and sung by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Julius asks Jasper to describe an apple. Jasper does so, and eats the apple in the process!

Muppets: Prairie Dawn puts on a school pageant about parts of the face (featuring Ernie, Herry Monster, Cookie Monster, Grover, and Bert)

Scene 6: Mr. MacIntosh teaches soft-shoe and tap dance lessons in the arbor area. At first, Big Bird makes mistakes, but everyone encourages him to keep trying. Eventually, he does one of the steps correctly!

Film: Farmer George counts 20 barrels

Muppets: Juanita learns about the word “YO”

Cartoon: A hand draws a farm

Cast: Three of These Kids…one kid is upside down (sung by Luis)

Cartoon: G is for Glue (animation by John and Faith Hubley)

Scene 7: Oscar and Frazzle continue making loud, grouchy noises as Luis announces the sponsors. SS sign still: three Anything Muppets. CTW sign still: Ernie and Bert.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Chet O’Brien as Mr. MacIntosh

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Frazzle, the Count, Herry Monster, the Amazing Mumford, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, AMs

4. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I have a real hunch that it will be a great one!!!

WhoseLineFan likes this.