SST Outline: Sherlock Hemlock's Birthday

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On April Fools Day I posted a thread about Sesame Workshop planning on releasing a lot of new box sets, and mentioned that Old School Volume 3 would incluide an episode where the cast celebrates Sherlock Hemlock's birthday. Of course, that was just an april fools joke, and the epsidoe doesn't exist, but I thought I'd make an outline for such an episode.

Taking place in season 14, here's the outline:

Scene 1
Big Bird greets the viewers, and says that today is Sherlock Hemlock's birthday. He shows the viewers the bird call that he got Sherlock, and then other characters show what they have got him: Maria has gotten Sherlock a new toaster (since his keeps breaking), Gladys has gotten Sherlock some milk, Elmo has got Sherlock some apples, Gordon and Susan got Sherlock a new blanket, and The Count has gotten Sherlock the number 1.

Inserts
  • One Song (Song of One)
  • Beetle Bailey: first and last
  • Sesame Street News: The first day of school
  • There's a Bird on Me

Scene 2
Telly has just realised that it's Sherlock's birthday, and is worried because he didn't get Sherlock anything. Oscar (accompanied by Bruno) tells Telly that Sherlock won't want to be his friend anymore if he doesn't get him anything.

Inserts
  • What Do You Do with a Fruit?
  • Let's Make a Face
  • Touch, Hold, Feel
  • A U talks to a dog
  • Ernie and Bert: Hapy Birthday to U
  • Typewriter: U-umbrella

Scene 3
Telly wonders what he should give Sherlock Hemlock. Don Music tells him that he's bought a new piano for Sherlock. Herry has gotten all of the alphabet for Sherlock, carrying a few big letters that he got off various signs.

Inserts
  • letters in the city
  • Kermit and Grover: nose warmer salesman
  • Billy Jo Jive: money mystery
  • There's a Hole in the Bucket
  • A penguin dances
  • Help!

Scene 4
Telly is very sad, and talks outloud that he thinks that Sherlock will end their friendship due to him not buying him a present. Sherlock overhears Telly and confirms otherwise. Telly is relieved.

Inserts
  • F for fly and frog
  • F Cheer version 3
  • Everybody Eats
  • The Count counts hot dogs
  • Yellow Submarine
  • Garbage Man Blues Song

Scene 5
It's time for the party. The cast sings "Happy birthday" to Sherlock, and he opens his presents. Telly describes to Aristotle what presents Sherlock gets. Sherlock gets his milk from Gladys, toaster from Maria, and an alarm clock from David. Then he gets a 12 from Aristotle.

Inserts
  • The Ladybug Picnic
  • Pinball Number Count #12
  • The Count counts mail
  • Harvey Kneeslapper: Picture of U
  • I'm an Aardvark
  • The Trading Game
  • Jasper and Julius: Apple

Scene 6
Sherlock enjoys all of his presents. Oscar (in voice-over) announces that Sesame Street has been sponsored by the letters U and F, and by the number 12. The Sesame Street logo is held by David and Maria, and the Childrens Television Workshop logo is held by Bruno.