SST Season 20 Outline: Saving Hooper's Store

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thanks to a private message request by Kathy27, here is a season 20 outline. She actually requested this plot, but I have decided to make it a multi-episode story.

Here is part 1.

Scene 1
Big Bird welcomes the viewer to Sesame Street, and goes to Hooper's Store, where he finds David and Gina to be sad. He wonders why they are sad. Big Bird thinks aloud to what might have happened. He thinks maybe they forgot the alphabet, or maybe they forgot what day of the week it is, or mayeb they ran out of birdseed ingredients. The latter makes Big Bird sad, and he starst to cry.

Inserts
  • Julius and Jasper: Jasper loses his elbows
  • Sad with Little Jerry and the Monotones
  • S-snake
  • Sammy the Snake
  • Typewriter: S-spring
  • Ernie has Bert wait outside the apartment
  • Go Ahead and Touch

Scene 2
Big Bird decides to ask David and Gina why they are sad. David says that the government has asked David to close down Hooper's Store so that the government can use it for a research facility. Big Bird is sad that Hooper's Store might not be in buisness much longer.

Inserts
  • Angry Annie
  • Taxi Sounds
  • Forgetful Jones: bath time
  • Everybody Sleeps
  • I Cry
  • Dots Bridge #3

Scene 3
David, Gina, Luis, Maria, Gordon, and Barkly are all in the arbor area, sad to hear about losing Hooper's Store. David, however, has just gotten off the phone, and learned that Hooper's Store could stay where it has alwasy been. He reveals that the government might choose another building for research purposes, but has not decided yet. They all decide that they must convince the government that Hooper's Store means too much to the neighborhood to just be replaced.

Inserts
  • The Fox and the Grapes
  • Up on the Rooftop with James Taylor
  • One Fine Face
  • a cartoon mountain climber climbs a live boy
  • Just the Way You Are
  • C-cap
  • C is for Cookie
  • I Can Do It By Myself
  • Danger's No Stranger
  • Teeny Little Superguy: Danger
  • a baby observes a danger sign
  • Harvey Kneeslapper's joy buzzer gag
  • Jazz #5
  • Five People in My Family
  • Pinball Number Count #5

Scene 4
David and Gina decide that tomorrow, Hooper's Store will have a big party for everybody on the street, and the government will be invited as well. They announce the sponsors.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is part 2.

Scene 1
Gina is opening the store, reminding the viewers of what happened yesterday, and stating that Hooper's Store is going to have a big party. David arrives and asks if everybody is there yet, but Gina states that they are the only ones there so far.

Inserts
  • The Ladybug Picnic
  • Ernie's story about 12 and 21
  • 12 Rocks
  • Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Stairs
  • Flamingos film

Scene 2
David and Gina are still awaiting party guests, because everybody is invited. Oscar and Bruno show up, but not to enter Hooper's Store and join in on the party. After all, oscar doesn't want to be around very many happy people.

Inserts
  • Greeblies
  • letters appear in signs on a city street
  • Poverty X
  • Mystery Guest
  • Cowboy X
  • Somebody Come and Play
  • Sesame Street News: Waiting in Line
  • Gordon talks about rain
  • Imagination Rain

Scene 3
The Count has shown up and is the first party guest. He has come to count everybody at the party. More guests come, including Susan, Gordon, Big Bird, Don Music, and some kids. David exclaims that everybody must be coming.

Inserts
  • Everybody's Song
  • Speech Balloon: B-bug
  • Letter B
  • Letters Make Words: B
  • Geometry of Circles
  • High 12
  • Jake the Snake's body parts
  • Fay Ray: animal disguises

Scene 4
It's nighttime, and everybody has had a fun time at the party. However, nobody from the government came. Everybody hopes that the government chooses not to tear downt eh place and make it into a research facility. Oscar and bruno spy on what has happened, and oscar likes all of the unhappiness. The nighttime version of the theme plays.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And now, here's part 3, the final part.

Scene 1
David announces that a government agent is definatley coming over today to officially determine whether Hooper's Store will be rebuilt into a government research facility or not. Just about everybody (meaning the entire season 20 human cast, several kids, Big Bird, Snuffy, and some honkers and dingers) are all there to support David, and maybe make the government agent realise how much Hooper's Store means to Sesame Street.

Inserts
  • The Villian in the Patima Hat
  • Typewriter: V-vaccum
  • I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me
  • a girl has a cold in her nose
  • Wind film

Scene 2
The government agent arrives, and observes all of the people who like to eat at Hooper's Store. However, the government agent decides to measure the place.

Inserts
  • Teeny Little Superguy: School
  • Two-Headed Monster: School
  • Pinball Number Count #3
  • Three on Lady's Lap
  • Number Three Ball Film (cherries ending)
  • Kermit, Grover, and Debo: A
  • Poverty A
  • I'm an Aardvark
  • A witch tells an "A" story
  • Born to Add
  • subtracting gumballs

Scene 3
The government agent observes the building's size, and also how much the plac emeans to everybody, and ultimately decides to have the research building be somewhere else. Everybody is happy.

Inserts
  • Fay Ray: Three Balls
  • Detective Series: Hippo on Trampoline
  • When Bert's Not Here
  • Name That Food

Scene 4
Everybody decides to celebrate the victory with a sing. They all sing Sing.

Inserts
  • The Nobel Ostrich
  • Grover echos 1-10
  • A boy thinks his dogs shadow is an alligator shadow
  • Sesame Street News: How to Get to Yellowstone Park
  • A bird watches a catepillar become a butterfly
  • Foods We Eat
  • Cookie Monster watches film footage of a baby eating a cookie

Scene 5
David closes up, while Gina announces the sponsors.