SST Sketch - Grover Shows Open & Closed

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Grover: “Hello there everybody! It’s me, your old pal Grover! And today, I am here in front of my house to show you ‘open’ and ‘closed’. First, I shall talk about ‘closed’. As you can see, the front door here… (points to door)…is closed.”

(As soon as he says ‘closed’, the door opens on its own)

Grover: “Closed, yes. You see? The door is… (He looks at the door and sees it’s open) What the hey? Who opened the door? Oh well, it gives me a chance to talk to you about ‘open’. Now, as you can plainly see, the door is open.”

(The door now shuts after his line)

[Grover: “Now, when something is open, you can in it; like so. (He goes to the door and bashes into it) Youchie! (He notices the door is closed) Huh? It is closed now? Who did this? Hello? Anyone around that closed the door? Sigh, oh well. Now can see that the door is closed…”

(The door opens again. Grover now sees it opening)

Grover: “Hubbah wha? Who’s doing this? Grrr. Anyway, as you now see the door is open…(The door shuts.) Uh, did I say open? I meant closed. Yes the door is now close- (The door opens)-d. Open! The door is…(The door shuts)…closed! (The door opens) Open! (It closes) Closed!

(The door continuously opens and closes as Grover struggles to keep track, exhausting himself. The door stops, now open. Grover begins panting)

Grover: “Alright! No more! I’ve had it! You’ve seen plenty of open and close, yes? Okay, I need to go inside and take a well deserved nap!u201D

(As Grover starts inside, the door shuts, causing him to smack into it.)

Grover: “Ohhhhhhhhh, or here is fine. Sighhhhhhhhhh”

(He slides down the door as the music button plays)