St. Patrick's Day on Sesame Street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this outline for a Sesame Street special. I thought this up today, which is the main reason it's written in outline form.

Street Scene
The camera pans through Sesame Street, from the laundromat to Oscar's trash can, as various characters are shown wearing green and decorating the street in green. As it gets to oscar's trash can, Oscar sighs and greets the viewers. He's upset because he's green, the color that the residents of the street are celebrating. But then he remembers one upside to St. Patrick's Day: He can pinch those not wearing green.

Oscar leaves his trash can to find somebody to pinch, but everybody is wearing green. Elmo is wearing a bow tie, Zoe and Abby are wearing green dresses, Big Bird is wearing a green neck tie, Telly is wearing a green scarf, Ernie is wearing a green hoodie, Bert's shirt has green stripes and wears green pants (as usual), and of course all the humans are wearing something green. Oscar gets annoyed, but then Harvey Kneeslapper shows up and pinches Oscar, for not wearing green. Oscar argues that he's wearing green fur, but then realises that Harvey is not wearing green either, and pinches him.

Monsterpiece Theater
Alistair Cookie presents "Green Acres", with Farmer Grover. However, Grover is tending a purple farm, "Purple Acres". Cookie introduces "Green Acres" again, but they accidently show "Black Acres". After the next introduction we are shown "Yellow Acres", but then after one more introduction we finally see "Green Acres"... But Grover is ready to leave.

Is It Green?
Guy Smiley hosts a game show where the contestant must guess what's green. The contestant is Murray, and the objects are a brown sneaker, a blue telephone, a pink candle, and a green mug. Murray makes the correct answer, and wins the mug.

Grover the Waiter
Mr. Johnson orders eggs and ham, but Grover suggests he order the special of the day, green eggs and ham. At first Mr. Johnson doesn't want it, but after a bit of persuation from Grover orders the green eggs and ham, but Grover brings him blue eggs and ham, brown eggs and ham, and orange eggs and ham, until he then brings out regular eggs and ham, as the restaurant is all out of green eggs and ham ("the restaurant had been busy with grouch customers"). Since that's what Johnson wanted in the first place, he accepts it... But then the ceilling falls on the food.

Street Scene
Kermit comes to the street with his banjo to sing his song, "Bein' Green", but after two verses Abby Cadabby shows up and turns Kermit red, mistakenly thinking that Kermit wasn't happy being green (Elmo comments that he remembers when the opposite happened to him). After realising that Kermit was okay with being green, Abby tries to change him back, but mistakenly turns him blue (Grover comments that Kermit is blue, but not fuzzy and blue), then purple, then yellow, and then finally green, and then Kermit finishes his song.

Two-Headed Monster
The monster sounds out the word "GREEN", and then turns green after sounding it out.

Street Scene
Seeing everybody having fun on St. Patrick's Day, Oscar sings his version of bein' green.

Sponsor Tag
Murray says that Sesame Street has been brought to you by the letter G and the color green.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I started thinking about this, I thought about making it like a video compilation. I'd thought about including the original "Bein' Green" after Oscar's frusteration over not finding anybody not wearing green (with Oscar saying "It's not easy finding people not wearing green" before the segment started), and I thought about having the characters talk about the word green starting with the letter G, leading to some G segments (Typewriter: G-glue, Two G Sounds), and thought about having them bring up the fact that "green" is five letters long, leading to some classic 5 segments (I never thought about what segments about 5 to include).

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Oscar saying "It's not easy finding people not wearing green" before the segment started), and I thought about having the characters talk about the word green starting with the letter G, leading to some G segments (Typewriter: G-glue, Two G Sounds), and thought about having them bring up the fact that "green" is five letters long, leading to some classic 5 segments (I never thought about what segments about 5 to include).
First off, I wanna say, that's a great outline you have! I especially love Abby's magic mess-up! Kermit's reaction's would make the whole scene the funnier!

And second, Five People in My Family might be a nice, classic, segment you could use.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
That's good. I would love to see Oscar wearing green shoes and tap dance just like from the Porky Pig cartoon.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
What a cute one-shot and a great showing of the show on a holiday. :grouchy:

It would be interesting to see something like that happen on the live- action show someday. :stick_out_tongue:

Great job on this topic indeed.